JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When things go wrong fast...are you prepared?

What is your go to weapon system?
Are you as proficient as you should be with it?
Do you have your CHL?
Have you been to any class's that will help expand your knowledge base, proficiency, and that have pushed you to be better?

Before all that, I would prepare mentally and have some ROE to help identify when to get in the game and when to retreat - all depending upon local laws. That said, I would have first in your list a good defense attorney on retainer.

Weapon of choice is a rifle but you can't carry one of those anywhere you want to go.:D So I guess in a fast action moment I would live or die with my choice of handgun for the day.o_O

I agree your mental state needs to be right but I would take it a step further and say it should already be right before you buy a firearm in the first place.
It is never a bad idea to have ROE's and an attorney on retainer.

With the thought of living or dying by the handgun of your choice 2 things come to mind
1. Do you feel your as proficient as you should be?
2. what kind of rounds do you carry and how much of it do you have?

:D Who measures proficiency? There are lots of people better with a gun than I am. I found that out by going to shooting matches for years and years. I guess in life a man will figure out if he practiced enough:D

I don't need to stockpile ammo because I make my own. It's been the same loaded target ammo I have used for decades. It cuts a perfect circle and has dropped small game very effectively. If I die tomorrow there won't be much loaded ammo to sell:D

In my opinion part of being prepared is knowing your proficiencies and deficiencies and doing what you can to be the best version of your self.....so I would say that in day to day life you have to measure your self and be honest about it.
As far as the ammo comment I meant to say how many rounds do you carrie on your person.

Two extra mags or two extra speed loaders when I carry. 18 to 22 rounds in total.

I think the only real way to measure yourself is in a real fight. When the bullets or bombs come your way it will show you exactly how you are going to react.o_O

2 extra mags for a total of 45 of .380 hollows as my EDC in a Bersa Thunder+. And yes the cup is current.

The GHB in the rig has fully equipped with enough gear and thought to carry me through at least three days. An additional one in the work truck as well.

Training? About a lifetimes worth of common sense real life experience, not to mention plenty of formal hands on taxpayer paid stuff.

@ home? Well that's my business isn't it?

As far as legalities go, I personally have no worries about that as I'm not looking to go there. If that time comes, I'll just have to cross that bridge I guess.

We're pretty much ready for any long or short term natural disasters on the home front, and that's as far as I'll go there.

The only thing I fear is chaos breaking faster than my wife and I's ability to get home. Not that either of us work far from home.

Widespread catastrophic SHTF events (save earthquakes or a "dirty bomb" type event of course) rarely occur instantaneously to the point that you don't first have a clue to avoid or G.O.D. (Get Out Of Dodge)

That being said, I get the impression the OP was talking more about training on selection of kit, personal motor skills, and threat recognition on when/where to deploy your CCW (or not). ;)

When your carrying a firearm it is more about thinking than shooting. however having a firearm helps. I have heard some say "dont take a knife into a gunfight" lets change it up and say "bring a knife to a gunfight but also bring a gun"

When things go wrong fast...are you prepared? Most likely not. Spend a lot of time at work and where I work I'm not able to carry any sort of weapon (not going to argue any of this, I've made the choice to work where I do and part of that is my agreement I will not be armed).

What is your go to weapon system? When not at work I've always got a little Glock with me.

How many rounds do you carry on your person? Depends on the gun. Always at least one spare magazine, so anywhere from 23 to 32-rounds.

Are you as proficient as you should be with it? I don't think so.

Do you have your CHL? Yes.

Have you been to any class's that will help expand your knowledge base, proficiency, and that have pushed you to be better? Yes, but I am most definitely not a master of anything. I can shoot OK (or so I think) but can always use more training and practice.

When things go wrong fast...are you prepared?

What is your go to weapon system? M&P 9 mm - though it's not a "system" - it's just a gun...
Are you as proficient as you should be with it? No, but I don't think most folk are. Most aren't paid to train all day like a combat soldier, or professional competition shooter, so like most I do what I can when I can, which usually means a lot of dry fire practice, and live fire when I can afford the time / ammo.
Do you have your CHL? Yep
Have you been to any class's that will help expand your knowledge base, proficiency, and that have pushed you to be better? Yes, but it's been like, 12 years ago. Certainly would like to attend one again.

I shave my head (for her comfort) so I am very smooth, I roll quickly from side to side, stay off social media so my head is up and on a swivel. As a result I'll see it coming before most and deploy my swimmers' body to controlling terrain and dominate my AO like the true Operator that I am. ;):rolleyes::p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top