JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a business owner it's risk management, I pass on a lot of work I could get because the potential problems outweigh the benefits. how many guns would they have to sell to Washington to pay for said upcoming lawsuit and still turn a profit?

There seems to be some expectation that gun retailers also need to be activists. I don't share this belief. It is nice when they do get involved, such as Sporting Systems, but it's certainly nothing I would expect from any business.

They are in business to make money. They made a decision to opt out of a very unstable market at this time so they can keep making money from other markets. I don't like it either, but I can certainly understand it.

Luckily they won't be getting any of your money, I think you're mostly pissed because they made the decision for you.

These threads always crack me up. Your state bubblegumed you in the bubblegum, and you're mad at the companies that don't want to deal with trying to wade through the BS. Like they don't want to make a sale or something.
Yup misplaced anger. The OP could always move to a more firearm friendly state or not. The great things about America and life in general is the ability to choose.

You know sounds like a good idea? Trying to buy stuff I want right after I'm told I can't. Then I'm gonna whine on the Internet to strangers about how I can't buy what I want to buy because I was too lazy to buy it earlier. Yeah, that sounds like fun.

You know sounds like a good idea? Trying to buy stuff I want right after I'm told I can't. Then I'm gonna whine on the Internet to strangers about how I can't buy what I want to buy because I was too lazy to buy it earlier. Yeah, that sounds like fun.
Clueless response. A bolt action rifle is perfectly legal to own, sell and transfer in Washington. But then. You'd have you know what you're talking about.

That's fine. But do you shop at Costco, Amazon, Fred Meyer, Walmart, use Microsoft or google? The list goes on..... Oh yeah, Amazon hosts virtually all websites these days, so if use the Internet, you're supporting Amazon. The above companies actively support gun control.

I think your thread should be titled, "when I eat the hand that feeds me".
Yup. It's why we need to be talking about how concentrated corporate power is bad news for the rest of us. Little competition, high prices (and profits), and horrible customer service. We are laser-focused on government trepidations, but (mostly) ignore how these other massive centers of power influence our lives. And, as you point out there is often little "choice" to take our business elsewhere when 1-3 corporations dominate an industry. We need some "trust-busting" like we had the last time this happened.

Yup. It's why we need to be talking about how concentrated corporate power is bad news for the rest of us. Little competition, high prices (and profits), and horrible customer service. We are laser-focused on government trepidations, but (mostly) ignore how these other massive centers of power influence our lives. And, as you point out there is often little "choice" to take our business elsewhere when 1-3 corporations dominate an industry. We need some "trust-busting" like we had the last time this happened.
I'll stick to local small privately own stores and pay a bit more..

Lol.

Ok, prove your point on how it's more risky... I'll wait.
I'm sorry, but if you can't understand the risk, it's because you sign your name on the back of your checks. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with working for somebody else. But at this point, it doesn't sound like you understand what business risk means.....

I'm sorry, but if you can't understand the risk, it's because you sign your name on the back of your checks. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with working for somebody else. But at this point, it doesn't sound like you understand what business risk means.....
Again, show me where there's more risk on Washington than any other state... Still waiting.

@DennyG , it's important that you, and anyone else that was refused by a supplier to call and/or email any one of the groups bringing lawsuits against these new laws. Your experience demonstrates damages and can be used to help get those overturned, or at least an injunction started. Don't just be mad, do something about it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top