JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have three in succession: traded an old picket .380 for a brand new walther pk380... which didn't impress me. Then traded it for a used American Classic II 1911... which couldn't hit anything. Sold it and bought a new ruger LCP... which sucked worse. And finally ended up with a good LC9 that i carry everyday. Wish I had kept the pocket 380 8n the beginning and saved up for something new. At the time, in my defense, the LC9 wasn't out.

I have sold or traded at a loss , just to get rid of a gun that I didn't like...or mostly 'cause I like the buyer or trader and he needed a break at that time...plenty of folks have given me a great deal...its nice to return the favor at times...
Andy

What? Why not? Was it the fact that it really didn't have sights and you couldn't hit a pop can at 10 yards. Or the 20 pound, two mile long trigger pull? Or the fact that it weighed as much as a full size, all steel gun? At least it was solid enough that you could use it like a set of brass knuckles...

I traded in a Model 60 when I bought my Backup .45. Good thing it was the fanny pack days because it was chunk to carry. It was a very happy day when I traded it in on a P12-45. I believe the P12 with 12 rounds weighed less than that AMT.

Think of the Archie Bunker song
THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!:p:p:p

I have not heard that about the Henry's.
Unfortunately it's becoming more common. They seem to have taken a turn for the worse in just the last few years. They are throwing new models out faster than they have time to properly 'R & D' them.
My BBB .357 is excellent but I bought it several years ago when their lineup was considerably smaller.
I have no plans to but I doubt I would consider anything new from Henry.

Last Edited:
Yeah, a buddy of my closest neighbor bought one in .22 caliber roughly 3/4 years and had nothing but problems with it.

Good to know as I almost bought one...

All mfg's produce the occasional lemon, but they're raising a whole orchard...

re: "...wish I hadn't bought THAT gun"....

I found a cure for that malady.....after suffering thru a few bad examples/poor choices, the discovery was made by trading them off back to the dealer involved in the first place, it could be a spectacular learning moment for at least one of us.

I no longer waste time wishing....they become a model for improved screening of features and need, along with spec review and the understanding 'being first' with a certain new model isn't necessarily of ANY advantage.

Last Edited:
I just hope I don't have to post on this thread about the RIA 9 mm I plan to buy!
Probably not as I am going OVERBOARD researching them online and the pluses are a considerably higher number than the negatives.

If I'm disappointed in a gun's performance via not reliable, not accurate, etc., I don't put it back into circulation for someone else's problem...I just suck it up, as in the case of the LC9S, I keep it.

Ye olde, but I can't afford to keep it...yeah well, you could afford to buy it initially so you can afford to keep it...most especially if passing it on when it's not reliable.

To me that's unethical. And no, I'm not goody-two shoes, just responsible.

Think of the other person who may be depending on it to save their bacon...

The first time I fired the damn thing I looked at my hand to see if it had exploded in my hand. Not in a good way like a normal gun, I mean in a bad way like a kaboom. I finished the magazine packed it up and promptly sold it to it's next victim. I did not feel it was a pistol I could put a second shot on target with in a defensive situation. I am not typically recoil sensitive however if I am not comfortable enough firing something enough to insure I have confidence with it in an emergency I will not carry it. I'd rather shoot .357 out of my Smith model 60 than another AMT .45, at least I can practice with .38 and shoot just enough .357 in it to have confidence in my abilities with the Smith. And yes the trigger was horrendous.:eek:

Only gun I have I wish I hadn't bought was a S&W Model 66-7 4" .357 mag revolver. I love everything about it except the keyholing. I bought it used (first used gun I ever bought), and didn't inspect it well enough, I guess. And it was still a little dirty. But the crown is damaged, looks like someone shoved something in it, and while it shoot OK, it keyholes and isn't that accurate. I just need to get it rebarreled, but it seems there's always something that needs the money more when I get ready to get it done.

Only gun I have I wish I hadn't bought was a S&W Model 66-7 4" .357 mag revolver. I love everything about it except the keyholing. I bought it used (first used gun I ever bought), and didn't inspect it well enough, I guess. And it was still a little dirty. But the crown is damaged, looks like someone shoved something in it, and while it shoot OK, it keyholes and isn't that accurate. I just need to get it rebarreled, but it seems there's always something that needs the money more when I get ready to get it done.
Recrowning is easy. Yeras ago I bought used Beretta 92C with damaged crown. Fixed it with sand paper. It was a great plinker and good companion to my Beretta Cx4. Sadly I had to sell both among some of my other guns to pay for my mom's funeral.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top