JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He hates 22LR.... he's weird, he also hates his food touching on the plate.
OK, then that explains it. I just bought a second 10/22 this week, and given its popularity, I was surprised by this answer.
That's not the first time I've heard about someone not wanting different food portions touching on their plate. Strange.

Sig P320. Like the XD40. Good guns that felt like a dead fish in my hands. I bought the CD during the 'scare' and paid too much for it. I was able to find ammo anywhere and everywhere.

The whole SR line of handguns from Ruger barring the SR22. Not that they were bad but I think my $$ woulda been spent better elsewhere, especially considering I sold them all soon after getting them, just not my thing (still have the 22 and like it).

A Mini-14..... the only gun I ever had that'd shoot around corners.

I agree. I have one in my safe but it will probably stay there for a quite a while. Mine was a birthday gift from my wife. Total suprise. She managed to scrounge together the cash so I didn't see anything on the bank accounts. This was all kind of pre- the big AR awakening so I was the coolest guy in elk camp that year with my fancy semi-auto ammo burner that my was a present from my wife. (Not my hunting rifle but what better place to show off a new gun?)

My latest Baby Auto Mag. 2 days after I bought it, I was offered a rare Auto Mag barrel. I didn't have the money. The guy put the barrel on GunBroker and it sold for about 250% what he offered it to me for. :(

Every Mini-14 and Henry I've ever bought. Mini-14's are all choked Modified and improved cylinder at the factory, and Henry's are the Hi-point of rifles. Magazine tube issues, feed issues, poor fit and finish, screws as brittle as glass. They are an embarrassment to American manufacturing. I won't buy either even to resale anymore.

He hates 22LR.... he's weird, he also hates his food touching on the plate.

:D

I don't HATE .22LR. I grew up shooting thousands of rounds of it. What I dislike is the general stigma that it's such a great practice/training round when in reality it's not. It's just fine for plinking or for kids to learn on, but all those that brag about hoarding ammo and stare at their piles of bricks with some strange sense of preparedness kinda make me feel sad for them. The .22LR is not really good at anything in particular when it comes to a firearm. Accuracy, effective distance, stopping power and reliability? These are not things the .22LR is known for. So I guess I just don't get it as an adult firearms enthusiast. And that's why I have bought and quickly sold several 10/22 rifles.

That, and they are really small and the LOP sucks for me. :)

For me, has to be the Smith & Wesson M&P Gen.2. It's a GREAT gun with one glaring issue: the slide lock is practically recessed which makes it damn near impossible to manipulate without twisting the pistol around in your hand in order to press the thing hard with your thumb in order to get the slide to lock back. Who at Smith thought this was a great idea anyway? If you had just made that little button stick out a ways so I could quickly and easily manipulate the slide for malfunction drills, it would have been THE perfect pistol, especially with the Apex flat faced trigger I put on. As such, you're relegated to back up status, and will probably sit in the safe, unfired and unloved.
View attachment 551486

Yeah a friend of mine has one of those and he's an older fellow loke me and he could not get that thing to work so he called me. That right there is kind a like the blind leading the blind.:eek:
Arthritis sucks!!!

Back before I really knew better, a Llama .45 1911 clone. Had plastic parts that kept breaking. Pretty much garbage. Sold it for a cheap price and was honest about my problems.

Also the KelTec P-11. My first carry gun, but I never really took to it and it's always been one thing or another with it. I still like the size and capacity, but I need to sell it. Whenever I run across it in the safe, it annoys me and reminds me of the time and effort put into it to have such a mediocre gun that I don't really like.

Every Mini-14 and Henry I've ever bought. Mini-14's are all choked Modified and improved cylinder at the factory, and Henry's are the Hi-point of rifles. Magazine tube issues, feed issues, poor fit and finish, screws as brittle as glass. They are an embarrassment to American manufacturing. I won't buy either even to resale anymore.
That's weird; the Mini-14 I played with would do the job, though MOA accuracy wasn't what I was going for. The Henry's I've shot and own currently are beautiful pieces of machinery. I'm looking at one right now and trying to figure out what might be a problem. Is it after they moved manufacturing plant locations?

I don't HATE .22LR. I grew up shooting thousands of rounds of it. What I dislike is the general stigma that it's such a great practice/training round when in reality it's not. It's just fine for plinking or for kids to learn on, but all those that brag about hoarding ammo and stare at their piles of bricks with some strange sense of preparedness kinda make me feel sad for them. The .22LR is not really good at anything in particular when it comes to a firearm. Accuracy, effective distance, stopping power and reliability? These are not things the .22LR is known for. So I guess I just don't get it as an adult firearms enthusiast. And that's why I have bought and quickly sold several 10/22 rifles.

That, and they are really small and the LOP sucks for me. :)

Sooooo, those of us who were caught short when there was a shortage of 22lr and vowed never to be caught short and now feel we comfortable with 27.5k+ rounds are hoarders now???:p:p:p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top