JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Son in Law has one (PMR-30) and it's even picki-er than the Automag II I had was. If you get the right ammo and it runs thru a whole mag, great. If not, well, this is why I don't have one...

Or maybe because they're excellent. I was out the other day with my PMR-30 (purchased New in April 2018) and it was spectacularly amazing! I loaded alternating rounds of: CCI V-Max 30 gr., Hornady V-Max 30 gr., and Federal Champion FMJ 40 gr., for a total of 21 rounds in the mag. I loaded two mags the same way. ZERO malfunctions of any kind. Yep, the dreaded 30 grain ammo that supposedly doesn't work.

LC9/LC9S was mentioned a couple of times, but without any explanation. Was it because of things like this happening after the first 100 or so rounds?
-Occasional failure to lock back on empty magazine (not mag specific).
-Fail to feed the second round from a full mag (all rounds feed just fine from a short-loaded mag).
-Mag release a SOB to push (always).
-Once released, empty mags won't drop free (have to drag them out).

That's all I remember, but more than enough to write to Arizona about. Ruger authorized shipping the whole package, gun and magazines, back to them. When it came back to me it had new extractors and a few other new internal parts, as well as new magazines.

Anyway, my LC9S works fine now, but I can't help wondering, "how long". Well, OK, I confess the mag release is still pretty stout, but that's probably on me.

Or maybe because they're excellent. I was out the other day with my PMR-30 (purchased New in April 2018) and it was spectacularly amazing! I loaded alternating rounds of: CCI V-Max 30 gr., Hornady V-Max 30 gr., and Federal Champion FMJ 40 gr., for a total of 21 rounds in the mag. I loaded two mags the same way. ZERO malfunctions of any kind. Yep, the dreaded 30 grain ammo that supposedly doesn't work.
Buy American Speedloader Nest and you will never ever have rimlocking problem.

I've encountered/acquired a number of dumpster-fire guns over the years. Obnoxious, of course, but they were dumped or parted out, and quickly forgotten. Life is way too short to waste mental energy on said.

That's really cool. Glad yours works well, cuz I think they are a neat gun. I can't imagine a much better sidearm for an extended back country trip. I saw another post about making sure the rims are nested correctly, which can be easy to mess up if not paying attention. I think his should go back because it's not acceptable, but I don't know what he'll do with it.

I apologize for the drift, guys. Happy to clean this up a bit and get 'er back on target.:)

Last Edited:
Mine was an SCCY pistol. The biggest reason why I immediately got rid of it had to do with the trigger. I guess, because most 9mm small pistols seem to have a vertical coil spring between the backstrap and the magazine, that may be why it's too long from the backstrap to the trigger. I have small hands for a man. That length to the trigger was bad enough, but the worst thing is that, after a shot, the trigger had to go a loooong ways forward to reset. I thought "O.k., I can train myself to overcome this. But, wait a minute... why bother to do so? Forget it!" I already have better carry guns. I've used my Colt Mustang PocketLite for about 30 years. I do, however, want a more powerful gun to carry, so I'm going to buy a SIG 938 or 238.

The Taurus 709 was the biggest piece of crap I ever bought. I sent it in twice and they sent it back saying I was not aiming properly. The odd thing was each tester sent back different instructions on how to aim. It is a piece of garbage as is all Taurus products..

I'm mildly shocked to be the first one to post this one: Remington 597(.22LR)

remington 597.jpg

My first gun & produced more jam than Smucker's. Bought new ages ago & scarred me for life. Only gun I ever owned with defective magazines(3 different factory mags).

Again, I'm gonna say my WALTHERS. ALL of them. I couldn't get any of them to run well, if run at all and the day I sold my pk380, I noticed it had chunks missing from the barrel . That brand is dead to me. I could be willing to try a p99, but i'd go into the ordeal with a backpack full of salt in 1 grain packets

The Taurus 709 was the biggest piece of crap I ever bought. I sent it in twice and they sent it back saying I was not aiming properly. The odd thing was each tester sent back different instructions on how to aim. It is a piece of garbage as is all Taurus products..
up

Yours and countless others have convinced me that Taurus is always hot garbage every time. Just seeing how many people have poor experiences makes me wonder why they're bought at all . Certainly price can't be that big of a motivator..... Right?

My Walther P22 should have been a Ruger SR22. Feels great in the hands but will generally have feed and eject issues every magazine. I've polished feed ramps, tried different springs, run it wet/dry, and varied ammunition. I figured 22LR had been around so long there was no way a manufacturer could mess it up. I refuse to buy and shoot Stingers just so the gun is more reliable...
The 10/22 and S&W 15-22 get a lot more range time.
If you still have it, try all of this. Eventually worked on mine.
https://www.gunfactory.ch/download/Walther_P22_bible.pdf

For me, has to be the Smith & Wesson M&P Gen.2. It's a GREAT gun with one glaring issue: the slide lock is practically recessed which makes it damn near impossible to manipulate without twisting the pistol around in your hand in order to press the thing hard with your thumb in order to get the slide to lock back. Who at Smith thought this was a great idea anyway? If you had just made that little button stick out a ways so I could quickly and easily manipulate the slide for malfunction drills, it would have been THE perfect pistol, especially with the Apex flat faced trigger I put on. As such, you're relegated to back up status, and will probably sit in the safe, unfired and unloved.
View attachment 551486
Beretta bobcat 22lr. Biggest POS I've ever owned. Second would be Erma 22lr Luger.

This is my "i wish i didnt buy it" ...but it's also my "I also wish I bought it sooner" gun...fat cow, expensive as sh*t, expensive to shoot, and overall it money pit/money blaster. .but my damn is she a beauty to shoot.
IMG_20190315_195252_854.jpg

Again, I'm gonna say my WALTHERS. ALL of them. I couldn't get any of them to run well, if run at all and the day I sold my pk380, I noticed it had chunks missing from the barrel . That brand is dead to me. I could be willing to try a p99, but i'd go into the ordeal with a backpack full of salt in 1 grain packets
Brother I have a q4...I wish I didnt get that thing...ergonomics aside, the sight screw keeps getting loose...solved that issue buy carrying my glock instead

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews