JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I'm seriously curious. I get these stupid ads now for apparel and junk because of buying firearm related stuff from various vendors. What't with all the skull and German military symbology? Patriot this... Warrior that..Reaper this...Operator that... Yes, all must be accompanied by stupid skull and bones. Same for German crap. Waffen this... Axis that... Panzer this.... Being from Eastern Europe I'm often actually glad a horde of peasants armed with barely serviceable rifles took a giant collective crap all over The Waffen... Seriously, study WW2 history enough and Germany military becomes a lesson on what not to do. So what's with the worship?

I'm not sure of the answer to your recent issues. However, I continue to be amazed that Hitler-era anything still commands so much attention and interest.

Not sure I'm seeing the same ads, but mainly it comes down to marketing to wehraboos... most of whom don't realize that they're wehraboos:

"
Wehraboo
A history or alternate history fan who is firmly entrenched in the belief that Nazi Germany'sWehrmacht was the best military in history, without a single flaw. Effectively, a Wehraboo is any obsessive Wehrmacht fanboy/fangirl who doesn't like historical facts getting in the way of his militaristic fantasies. While not necessarily, many Wehraboos can become Nazi apologists. The cliché of German Techwank can be a common fetish for many Wehraboos."

I feel a bit ill when I see American's wearing Nazi memorabilia and giving the Heil Hitler salute. Even if I didn't have relatives that died in WWII, it just baffles me how anyone can idolize such unmitigated evil.

As I sit here in the dentist's office. I'm pondering the question.
I just cant come up with a good logical answer.
I was an 11B for 12 years. I have never once wanted to sport that crap.
I will check back in after my procedure. Hence I will still be a bit medicated and probably susceptible to some sorts moranic stupidity.
Maybe then I will have an answer

I feel a bit ill when I see American's wearing Nazi memorabilia and giving the Heil Hitler salute. Even if I didn't have relatives that died in WWII, it just baffles me how anyone can idolize such unmitigated evil.

I think its because it was such an unmitigated evil. And probably, it was the best army in Europe in WWII, at least till we got there;)
That and they did have the best tanks (and some of the worst)

Histories #2 Boogymen still demand a full accounting for everything they wrought upon the world, so there will always be references to them and the evil they did!
Holliweird continues to push this, and history demands we remember, but yea, commercializing that history isn't very cool and shows a lack of creativity or understanding of why things are the way they are, and where we come from!

I'm not a big fan of all the "Serious Operator" stuff either, just not my thing. I'm not into the symbolism, and I don't have a rack of ARs and stacks of 100s of loaded magazines either. No offense to those that do: as long as you're a law-abiding, peace-loving American, more power to you. To each their own.

I think that most people who like the symbolism don't really regard the Nazi origins. They just like the art and "Oorah!" of it. It looks and feels tough and powerful, and I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Every military and branch of that military has it's own lore and symbolism, and some of ours has a Germanic appearance too.

I don't think there are really that many Nazi sympathizers around, but I know that there are some. I got into it a while back with one on this very forum, who had Nazi symbolism in his avatar. You should see the rambling defense of Hitler that he sent me in a PM, before I blocked him with the "ignore" feature.

If the Nazis were really so tough, how come they ended up so completely, thoroughly crushed at the end of the war. :)

Histories #2 Boogymen still demand a full accounting for everything they wrought upon the world, so there will always be references to them and the evil they did!
Holliweird continues to push this, and history demands we remember, but yea, commercializing that history isn't very cool and shows a lack of creativity or understanding of why things are the way they are, and where we come from!
True enough,
However, the Japanese Army actually conquered more territory and was probably even more bestial than the Nazis, but history seems to have given them a pass, even though they were gassing and using biological weapons on the Chinese. Nobody has a clue as to how many Chinese (and other races/nationality) civilians the Japanese killed. They just didn't industrialize genocide the way the Nazis did.

I'm seriously curious. I get these stupid ads now for apparel and junk because of buying firearm related stuff from various vendors. What't with all the skull and German military symbology? Patriot this... Warrior that..Reaper this...Operator that... Yes, all must be accompanied by stupid skull and bones. Same for German crap. Waffen this... Axis that... Panzer this.... Being from Eastern Europe I'm often actually glad a horde of peasants armed with barely serviceable rifles took a giant collective crap all over The Waffen... Seriously, study WW2 history enough and Germany military becomes a lesson on what not to do. So what's with the worship?

When the good stuff is gone, it's what is left.

... but history seems to have given them a pass ...

I don't think they got a pass from the historians, or from the guys that fought them.

But the Japanese generals didn't generate publicly staged spectacle like Hitler, and they didn't have the snazzy uniforms and medals of the SS, etc. They were insanely brutal to all their opponents, military and civilian alike. But Antifa and neo-Nazi's don't look to WWII Japan for costume cues. If anything, the residual American mental image is more like a WWII poster.
war bond.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews