JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm seriously curious. I get these stupid ads now for apparel and junk because of buying firearm related stuff from various vendors. What't with all the skull and German military symbology? Patriot this... Warrior that..Reaper this...Operator that... Yes, all must be accompanied by stupid skull and bones. Same for German crap. Waffen this... Axis that... Panzer this.... Being from Eastern Europe I'm often actually glad a horde of peasants armed with barely serviceable rifles took a giant collective crap all over The Waffen... Seriously, study WW2 history enough and Germany military becomes a lesson on what not to do. So what's with the worship?
I despise the symbols of the third reich. However, I do have skulls on some things. Skulls probably mean a little something different to me. I am a nurse, so the imagery doesn't bother me, but skulls remind me not to make the same mistake again. I do own a few WWII German pistols, along with a large smattering of WWI and Eastern Block cold war. But I got them as historical artifacts, trophies of dead Nazis by our boys. I don't find the imagery cool in any way.

Once, in 2009 I believe, right in the winter before 2010, I let my guard down for a split second in California where I was not carrying any weapon but a knife. I had just kicked a kid out of a church program for attempting to molest little girls. He was a wannabe with the bloods. I got blindsided and I woke up with my teeth on a curb. A kid who hated my guts was begging for my life and I had an ear I could pull on and visibly move a section of skull. Being that it broke clean, that probably saved my life from the swelling herniating my brain stem. Long, long, long story short, for me they are a reminder to never again risk my skull. To never let my guard down. They are generally a momenti mori as well.

I don't sport tacticool anything, no bumper stickers, no affiliation.
I believe in the element of surprise.
Most people know I like firearms and hunting but VARY few people (maybe 1) have seen the inside of my safe.
I keep that a guarded secret.

The less others know the better.

But when it comes to Hitler or Nazi stuff, I can't fathom why anyone would want to be associated or even appreciate that garbage.

Most of those people were the worst of humankind.
They are a rare breed of evil, and proof as to what men can do when morals go out the window.
There would be no death too long and painful for them.

And to know so many were spared and even brought to the US with clean slates and good jobs to live long successful lives makes me sick.
Operation paperclip is something that should be taught in every school.

There was a great program on the Discovery channel about liberating nazi camps by American soldiers. It was a tear jerker.

To see old men cry and get emotional about something they witnessed 70 years ago shows how horrific is was to see another human being treated in such a way

Simple: Ignorance. Dilution of message and meaning.
Few people know that the Third Reich also murdered up to 4 million Christians and Catholics, because of their resistance to the ethnic cleansing.
The swastika, to me, is a sanskrit / aryan good luck symbol.
It amazes me how many symbols of good are assimilated and subsumed into a larger cultural message that ultimately symbolizes hedonism or some other form lacking self control.
There are far too many subliminal messages in the incessant bombardment of marketing and social programming. Most people are just dogs, salivating at the desires they've been taught to emulate.
I was happy to see this pandemic because it required people to slow down, become more present. While I hoped it would have long term effects on presence of mind, I suspect it will be for naught once everything snowballs back to normal.
But when it comes to Hitler or Nazi stuff, I can't fathom why anyone would want to be associated or even appreciate that garbage.
Because they have no idea.
Ex father-in-law was a piece of work, collected Nazi memorabilia. He was a bigoted, xenophobic, racist and classist pig. He collected that stuff because he liked what they had done and admired the Third Reich for their chutzpah to actually go through with it.
A community not far from where I grew up was renown for its racist police department and violent anti union sentiment. The leaders there actively practiced tyranny under the guise of safety. Even in the 1980's, the community college from the area, if you looked at it's logo in peripheral vision, the lines formed a swastika.

I feel a bit ill when I see American's wearing Nazi memorabilia and giving the Heil Hitler salute. Even if I didn't have relatives that died in WWII, it just baffles me how anyone can idolize such unmitigated evil.
There is a reason.... and it is this... In today's schools history is not taught, So today's youth and tomorrows adults have no reference to the evil and hate that has been defeated in the past and why america stood up, and sent their youth to fight against that evil.

Think of it like this, if your political party is based on hate and disparaging others and people you don't like because that is all you stand for and you have no ideas, except those that you wish to hide the truth about, why would you want to teach your subjects history so they might recognize & reject the evil you promulgate?

Why do people think Nazi stuff is cool? Simple, they truly have no idea what happened and thus why the Nazis had to be defeated at all cost.

There are a lot of things that just dont make sense, [American's wearing Nazi memorabilia and giving the Heil Hitler salute] unless you consider the people involved just dont know what they just dont know. o_O That does not make them innocent but if you ask them about it and they mumble something incoherent, you know right there your dealing with the real life evil version of Forrest Gump.

A present day human being giving the Heil Hitler salute is the equivalent evil version of "stupid is as stupid does". :rolleyes:

Simple: Ignorance. Dilution of message and meaning.
Few people know that the Third Reich also murdered up to 4 million Christians and Catholics, because of their resistance to the ethnic cleansing.
The swastika, to me, is a sanskrit / aryan good luck symbol.
It amazes me how many symbols of good are assimilated and subsumed into a larger cultural message that ultimately symbolizes hedonism or some other form lacking self control.
There are far too many subliminal messages in the incessant bombardment of marketing and social programming. Most people are just dogs, salivating at the desires they've been taught to emulate.
I was happy to see this pandemic because it required people to slow down, become more present. While I hoped it would have long term effects on presence of mind, I suspect it will be for naught once everything snowballs back to normal.
Because they have no idea.
Ex father-in-law was a piece of work, collected Nazi memorabilia. He was a bigoted, xenophobic, racist and classist pig. He collected that stuff because he liked what they had done and admired the Third Reich for their chutzpah to actually go through with it.
A community not far from where I grew up was renown for its racist police department and violent anti union sentiment. The leaders there actively practiced tyranny under the guise of safety. Even in the 1980's, the community college from the area, if you looked at it's logo in peripheral vision, the lines formed a swastika.

The Swastika is not exclusive to Nazis and White Supremacists, it is too bad that's the only thing it is associated with.

Swastika - Wikipedia

Last Edited:
They're no more than movie props used by Posers playing "cops and robbers".....
….. remember that kid that always wanted to be "Dillinger"'? Well these twits want to be "tough like Nazis", They think the imagery makes them tough too. And, if you want to sell stuff to immature idiots, you need to dig down to their level.

'

Last Edited:
However, I continue to be amazed that Hitler-era anything still commands so much attention and interest.

There is still interest in it because WWII was the defining event of the 20th century. It changed the world, brought about the nuclear age and set the stage for the Cold War. And there are still many alive that fought against or were directly affected by the Nazi ideology which destroyed millions of lives.

Yeah, as an American... WTF.

Patton said, "Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser" SO whats with rocking all the losers gear? Be it Nazism or even Confederate stuff... 'murica damnit!

The Swastika is not exclusive to Nazis and White Supremacists, it is too bad that's the only thing it is associated with.

Swastika - Wikipedia

The sign has a long history and it was in many cultures/religions/nationalities.

There are several American Indian tribes who use this symbol.

There is a brick building that has this symbol on it from one tribe. The building is old and I think (?) that it is in the U of M area. I do not think that the symbol is large but it was on the news some time ago. They built it and put it up to HONOR some American Indian tribes from this specific area in this state.

Some people took it wrong and want the symbol destroyed or removed on the building but the American Indian tribes in this area want it left alone.

I have not seen this symbol in person. My husband who went to that university said that he does not remember it specifically. He does know the building on that part of the campus.

Cate

Last Edited:
I remember my ma telling me that back whens he was a kid, she would go have dinner at a friends house and the plates they used had swastika on it and the silverware was monogrammed with the AH.
Guess the father was one of the guys that took the Eagals Nest and it was some of the things he managed to bring back. They were not nazis, just used as every day plates and silverware.

A part of it might be aesthetic I hate the nazis and what they stood for but I will admit I am South Korean but adopted and raised here in the States and think some of the german uniforms from WW2 were very sharp looking compared to the other nations. They also had some interesting ideas with their weapons and vehicles as well having fielded the first successful assault rifle the STG44 and having arguably the best tanks of the time. I do hate how everything related to eagles and Aquila has been stained though I engraved my knife with a Roman Aquila and every person I show it to thinks its a nazi logo.

v5b19a1npoc31 (1).jpg

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads