JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The rise of Nazi Germany is a warning for all time that good people can be convinced to do bad things, among other lessons about situational ethics and blind devotion. Some people collect that memorabilia to remember those lessons, not because they think killing Jews is kEwL...:rolleyes:

If the Nazis were really so tough, how come they ended up so completely, thoroughly crushed at the end of the war. :)
[/QUOTE]
How many nations did it take to crush them?:D

Lets not forget the Nazis were big on pageantry and regalia. The full length black leather coats, the helmets and jack boots all had the aura of power. Just what the immature male craves. Back then and now.
I'm reminded of an acquaintance who worked for the state department/diplomatic in Germany back in the 60's. He told me about the beer halls in Munich during Oktoberfest.
He said they were full of drunk ex-SS men bellowing out their their various SS and Nazi party/marching songs. The war ended 15-20 years earlier for everyone but them
Look at Hitler's speeches at the Nuremburg rallies. I have no clue what he's ranting about but it sure appealed to those massive crowds.

People like to belong to something and the Nazis were masters of motivating the mob.

MOST of the people who actually lived through those trying times in various countries not only in Germany don't love those WW2 memories.

People who are still alive, people who have died, people who were born right after the war ended, people who lived through it as children and adults, etc. - they remember what happened to them before, during and AFTER WW2 ended.

They saw how they were treated by various countries and many countries that claimed to be allies treated them in a horrible manner and some of them treated them well.

Kids who were born after the war ended in various countries not only in Germany could tell you some stories just as much as the long gone adults could too.

Many people were murdered and not just one group of people due to their religion or nationality or what they stood for against Hitler. TOO many people forget that and it is a shame.

Some people actually had SS officers living next door or close to their homes too.
Some people lost their farms since they were taken over so they moved to 'town' and lived in cramped quarters - several generations in a 3 story stone house owned by another family member. One old family member put barbed wire in huge bushes in their yard to keep out the bad guys as if that would work. NOT!

Many people took their bikes apart and buried pieces of them on farm land or in town on a relative's land since they were supposed to be turned in. (So it was NOT only guns but ALL kinds of stuff - household goods or equipment.) They might have turned in all bikes and were only left with one bike for the entire family.

Forget some nice old BMW - that was LONG gone!

Old radios - same thing there. The big old fashioned tube ones that sat on the floor.

Some people in Germany and in other countries had the foresight to FLEE their country. Not all people could flee especially if you were not wealthy or had connections to the RIGHT PEOPLE.

Some people who claimed to be a VICTIM turned in their own family, friends and coworkers.

I met some of those OLD people through my late Mom's and late Dad's friends and through her best friend ('Aunt Catherine' - our late family lawyer.) who had clients who stayed or fled their own countries. (NOT only from Germany or Russia or from some other country.) WW1 and WW2 era. Old college friends, Fordham Law School, medical school, etc.

My late husband's family lived through those times. He came over legally as a KID in 1953. He was born right after WW2 ended.

NO one that I personally knew wanted any STUFF from that time frame in history.

They did NOT have fond memories of the SS, Hitler or any of that stuff.

Some of them were lucky to keep one plain gold wedding band and perhaps one good piece of jewelry that they HID away. Most of the other STUFF had been sold or traded over time.

So when they came to the states - it was literally with one suitcase or a couple of them. Some were lucky to put some things in a trunk and that came with them on a ship across the Atlantic. I can't think of the one NY state port of entry now and it was not Ellis Island for his family. One person took the parts of a radio apart and shipped it. Another one, sent for a bike that arrived in the late 50's through some other relative.

I personally would NOT want any of that stuff in my home whether it was a trophy or not from fighting the war. I am NOT knocking people who choose to collect old guns for HISTORICAL reasons and to each their own.

I do not want them in my home. My late husband did not want them in our home and he found it all pretty disgusting how some people thought it was 'cool'. It was not cool - it was violent. Violent against ALL people not only in one group especially if you did NOT agree with Hitler and his garbage.

Yale has SKULL and BONES so is that some PIRATE THING or just another NWO secret society that is OUT there with the rest of them? LOL Don't bother to answer that one now.

Cate

Last Edited:
Look at Hitler's speeches at the Nuremburg rallies. I have no clue what he's ranting about but it sure appealed to those massive crowds.

People like to belong to something and the Nazis were masters of motivating the mob.
The Treaty of Versailles may have had something to do with it.

I'm seriously curious. I get these stupid ads now for apparel and junk because of buying firearm related stuff from various vendors. What't with all the skull and German military symbology? Patriot this... Warrior that..Reaper this...Operator that... Yes, all must be accompanied by stupid skull and bones. Same for German crap. Waffen this... Axis that... Panzer this.... Being from Eastern Europe I'm often actually glad a horde of peasants armed with barely serviceable rifles took a giant collective crap all over The Waffen... Seriously, study WW2 history enough and Germany military becomes a lesson on what not to do. So what's with the worship?
Sadly, being broken beings, we have an eye for evil. Truth and beauty hold less sway in our conscience.

I have to make a minor input here, not in support of anything nazi-related, unsurprising given my own Jewish background, but to show you that this -

1589877914000.png

does not always equal a nazi connection.

1589877981252.png

The Queen's Royal Lancers is a yeomanry regiment of the British Army, a recent amalgamation of the 17/21st Lancers of 'Charge of the Light Brigade' notoriety. It is a current armoured regiment based in Catterick, with Her Majesty the Queen as its Colonel-in-Chief. The cap badge is known as 'the motto' - death or glory - because of the skull and crossed bones above 'or glory'. The six cavalry regiments amalgamated to form The Queen's Royal Lancers are: the 5th, 16th, 17th and 21st Lancers, the 16th/5th Lancers and the 17th/21st Lancers.

1589891602297.png

Here's HMtQ presenting a new guidon to the regiment - AND an additional suffix'

As she remarked - 'To mark my 70th anniversary as your Colonel in Chief I should like to grant you a further distinction – that of an honorific suffix to The Royal Lancers – Queen Elizabeths' Own - in recognition of your loyal service to me and to my mother, Queen Elizabeth.'

The regiment goes back aways, as you can see -

Battle of the Boyne - 1690
War of the Spanish Succession
American Revolution
Napoleonic Wars
Crimean War
*Battle of Balaclava
Indian Mutiny
Mahdist War
South Africa
World War I
World War II
Iraq War
War in Afghanistan

Last Edited:
As I sit here in the dentist's office. I'm pondering the question.
I just cant come up with a good logical answer.
I was an 11B for 12 years. I have never once wanted to sport that crap.
I will check back in after my procedure. Hence I will still be a bit medicated and probably susceptible to some sorts moranic stupidity.
Maybe then I will have an answer
My fellow 11B, hope you survived your procedure. :D

I think one aspect missing from the discussion is the very real fear or outright hatred of bolshevism which contributed mightily to the level of support given the Germans after Barbarossa. Another aspect was the perception, not unfounded- of the Jewish component of bolshevism. I'm not going to argue about whether or not that was TRUE, Im saying that the perception was held by many. Another fear was of Russian Soviet-imperial encroachment on the small countries created in the aftermath of ww1. Not unfounded, considering the Soviet attacks on Poland, Belorussia, trans-Caucasus, Kazakh-Turkmenistan, and Ukraine (1919-20), Finland and the Baltic countries.

Last Edited:
Among WW2 wargamers, the only thing I find more perplexing than Nazi or Commie fanboyism is the freaks who worship at the altar of Japanese Kamikaze. Not the Japan fanboys as a whole, which rank right alongside the previously mentioned, but rather the dweebs specifically obsessed with man-piloted missiles/torpedoes/suicide-bomber motorboats etc.

EDIT to note, I can respect individual men who fought on the other side--for example, Saburo Sakai being very un-typical Japanese by refusing to shoot down a medevac transport and only shooting out wounded ace Pug Southerland's engine close to Guadalcanal and giving him a chance to live when he could have just as easily filled the cockpit with lead, or the German SS unit guarding imprisoned French leaders who in the last days of the war sought out Americans to help them defend those in their custody against their fellow SS. You know, the kind of guys whose tragedy was being born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last Edited:
For all the evils of the Nazis, they learned their propaganda skills from America. Joseph Goebbels gave credit to American propaganda techniques they observed during FDR's reign...

I see the same stuff FULL IN EFFECT via the MSM today... go figure. o_O

While stationed in Germany , I had friends who were German military veterans of the war , as well as having friends who survived various camps.
Talking with and actually knowing folks who experienced WWII in many various ways ....has helped shape my perspective on things.

Speaking here only for myself...
I have no issue with those who collect or study German WWII items , and other related matters.
To lose your past...is to lose your future.

The danger with a too close or unhealthy association with things that we like , is that one can , lose one's self in those very things.
Do not let what you own , "own" you.

A question I have for those who adore and admire Nazi ideas and aims Is :
What if your people or group , your job , your ideas , your way of life , was the one on the verboten list...?
If what happened to others was allowed to occur to someone else...it can happen to you.

As for skulls....not my thing....but if others enjoy that sorta thing....others should be free to enjoy.
If what someone likes or collects , does them or others , no harm...
Then who am I to say otherwise...?
Andy

I don't have any problem with people collecting Nazi artifacts. It's history. It's like collecting Viking or Aztec stuff. It's the worship of the ideology that I have a problem with.

As far as fake operator/tacticool stuff, meh, it's just dorky LARP stuff IMO. Immature, but not evil like the worship of Nazism.

To lose your past...is to lose your future

Very true.

Mu granddad brought back a few items that he took from dead Nazis. He never displayed them or made a big deal over having them. It was sort of a reminder of what happened and why he was there.

He had lost everything in the blitz and joined the Royal Marines at 17 and fought on two continents to literally save his country.
Was even more shocked upon finding out about the Holocaust...

Asked why, after all that, why he kept.Nazi bubblegum in his house...

He always replied, "because one day they'll say it never happened"

Just some random thoughts that come to mind.

I see nothing wrong with collecting nazi stuff. It should be out in the open, and held up high for all to see. It's history that should not be forgotten at ANY turn. It's free speech, every bit as important as freedom of religion and the right to keep and bear arms, etc.

There will ALWAYS be nazi types and racist on this planet. It's better to see them, out in the open. Remember the occasional marches by the KKK in the south? They marched, the protesters protested! Free speech.

Seeing the American Flag, stars and stripes, red white and blue, the Air Guard jets that fly over my house making a turn to land at PDX several times a week (I can hear the FLAPS change they're so close!). Seeing the swastika and all the various German/nazi accouterments. I get deep emotional feelings for both. One is very good, and the other isn't. It should be a crime to try and erase either one's history.

And one more thing comes to mind. Does anyone here that believes viewing, owning or wearing nazi crap is wrong realize how many native Americans and other innocent people were murdered by black powder rifles?

I guess I'm missing something. I only see this stuff once in a great while when the News trys to promote it or I see it on some goobers truck. Can't remember when the last time short of a TV show or history channel thing where someone did a Hitler salute.

My fellow 11B, hope you survived your procedure. :D
Going back today. Yesterday was the.
Dang that is a really bad infection.
Today is the extraction.
Female dentist to. Wich kinda helps put me at ease. Seems like all the dentist's I have seen in the past. Wore xxl gloves.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top