JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't say Glocks are ugly, I'd call them plain. Kind of like a 3 or 4 at closing time. They are still fun to shoot though. And without a good look most of the plastic fantastic look very similar. Can you say Grip Zone?
Ok they are about as sexy as a Ford e250 from the early 90's..full of plastic, blocky, chunky, handles like a brick but always works..that better?

Ok they are about as sexy as a Ford e250 from the early 90's..full of plastic, blocky, chunky, handles like a brick but always works..that better?
I call Glocks the Toyota Corolla of guns. Sure they're good reliable cars, but you won't see them at the car show!

Oh, can't forget the Wilkinson Arms Terry Carbine. Just.... Ughhh.

1000002974.jpg

Ugliest gun I own...
A NEF Pardner single shot 20 gauge shotgun with a laminate stock and matte black finish.
( 26 inch barrel and Modified choke )

With all that said...
I shoot well with it...and it carries nicely when out for grouse and such.
It is my foul weather hunting shotgun and steel shot shotgun ( if needed )

I would love to have an older one with the case colored frame and wood stock.
Owned several of them over the years...and used to trip over 'em at gun shows and shops.
Should have kept one of my older ones...and miss seeing 'em at shows and shops.

Never been a fancy shotgun...but they do work well.
Andy

The Rhino is a nice wheel gun, fun to shoot. The snub versions are indeed ugly, but I like the space blaster look of the 4" and up. I have a 5" in .40 with moon clips and it is a cool item.

8A99FA26-D3F6-41E1-9D4A-CC3B14A852CE.jpeg

Last Edited:
Ugliest gun I own...
A NEF Pardner single shot 20 gauge shotgun with a laminate stock and matte black finish.
( 26 inch barrel and Modified choke )

With all that said...
I shoot well with it...and it carries nicely when out for grouse and such.
It is my foul weather hunting shotgun and steel shot shotgun ( if needed )

I would love to have an older one with the case colored frame and wood stock.
Owned several of them over the years...and used to trip over 'em at gun shows and shops.
Should have kept one of my older ones...and miss seeing 'em at shows and shops.

Never been a fancy shotgun...but they do work well.
Andy
I own one of the older versions. It was my first gun. They are a great shotgun for the price point. It's too bad they don't make them anymore.

Inherited a Remington Nylon 66 years ago and thought it was probably the uglist .22 rifle I'd ever seen. Didn't like the 60's style "futuristic" lines or the super cheap feeling / looking plastic furniture.

Nylon 66.png

This dang gun has been on my mind for about 5 years. It might be the ugliest gun I own, but why do I still want one.

Talk me out of it please.

View attachment 1883127
The triggers are horrible. Hammer is awkward. I handled one after they came out and 100% changed my mind. The grips are trash, way too much Aluminum, and there is little stuff, like the notches that are cut into the cylinder to rotate it. They are placed directly over where the case sits, which is under quite a bit of pressure. Companies like Ruger offset that cut so they don't create a weak point where high strength is needed. They feel like they came off a cnc, sort of like an AR. Not what I want in a wheel gun. Classics are classics for a reason. S&W and Ruger for the win. But if you must go Sci-fi, look at used PPC revolvers. Used in competitions, and likely way better shooters. 1716354478295.png

Last Edited:
I have an SKS with an optic mount dust cover. It is pretty practical, but it is horribly proportioned and makes the gun look deformed.

IMG_20240521_223935256.jpg
Cat for scale. Sorry Fatty, this one does not have a laser to play with.

I also have a number of guns in really rough shape that I am working on restoring, but I don't really think that counts. They are only ugly due to abuse, and will be made nice again with effort. That SKS is as good as it is ever going to get.

Responding to the OP I think the Rino's look pretty cool. Sure they are not practical, as they create more issues than they solve with the low bore axis, but since when does practicality have anything to do with aesthetics?

I just put a Magpul stock on my Beretta 1301 Comp. I previously had a Mesa Tactical pistol grip, which made it unwieldy.

The Magpul stock wins no beauty contests, especially on such a fine Italian bird, but it handles beautifully, much like a '90's Alfa Romeo.

A Glock is a Ford, Chevy or Dodge rolled into one. They're common place and easy to repair & modify.

If you like Gucci guns, that's cool, I won't giggle when you can't source parts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top