Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's the story with USOUTDOOR.COM?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by emanon, May 11, 2009.

1. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

I'm glad to see that US Outdoor is advertising here but I am also a little surprised. As far as I can tell they do not sell anything related to firearms so... Are the owners members of this site and/or simply in support of firearms ownership?

2. pease

pease Stayton Member

just my thoughts but they sell cool stuff that people from this site would enjoy and they are local.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

We actually picked them up through an affiliate system we're going to try out, so we're not dealing directly with them but they approve who they advertise with. We signed up for the affiliate then applied for ad programs various retailers are running, including US Outdoor, REI, GunBroker.com, and Bass Pro Shops. So far we've been accepted by US Outdoor store. With each affiliate we have a different payment schedule, but with US Outdoor we get 5% of each sale that people make after they click the link above. It's not too much, but every penny helps :D

4. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

Thanks for the replies. :)

That program sounds like a good thing to me Joey and I hope it works well for the site. Considering the fact that high quality outdoor gear can cost hundreds of dollars for a single item, 5% can add up quickly!:thumbup:

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's what I'm hoping ;)

6. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Great job on picking up a Major corporate sponsor.....

Joey you are doing a great job. :thumbup::thumbup:

7. Joe Link

Thanks Andy ;)

Same arrangement as US Outdoor, we get 5% of the total sale if someone orders through their website after clicking on our link.

P.S. I went ahead and merged both threads, then moved the final thread to the appropriate section ;)

8. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

I order from Bass pro shops 2-3 times a year so to make this work I just need to click on the line on the main paged correct?

9. Joe Link

Yep, that's right! From any page actually, it'll know you came from NWFA.