JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking for myself here...
In regards to some of the "torture tests" that folks out in You Tube Land put on....

As a former Infantryman with experience in LRRP / LRSD units , Airborne , Ranger and four combat tours...
I would never put any of my rifles* through those "tests".
We did keep our rifles clean and maintained...as often as we could at least....
Why would you intentionally abuse the rifle that might just save your life or the life of a squad mate...?
Those tests in my opinion are worthless.

*Rifles used by me :
M16A1
M16A2
CAR-15 ( Second favorite )
M4 Carbine
M203 ( I know not really a rifle / carbine , but attached to one )
M21 ( My Favorite )
M24
M82A1

None of the above would ever be subjected to the abuse shown in many of those videos.
Andy
This!:s0155:

And if I never thanked you, then let it be known now! @Andy54Hawken

Right?! :s0155:

Your issued weapon is your life... we treated our weapons BETTER than we treated our own peckers. We NEVER abused our issued weapons like we did our peckers, nor did we EVER put them in some of the places where we did put our peckers!

;):s0140:

Last Edited:
From technical standpoint, low recoil, lots of energy. Above 2500 FPS or so has tumble and fragmentation effects making it very effective.

From a psychological standpoint, you couldn't buy them due to the ban, so everybody wanted them. Also relatively cheap ro get and modular nature makes them very customizable.

I actually think armalite improved on the design when they made the piston driven AR-18/AR-180 but both have their merits.

Got an M-16 in the army in 1969. The early rifles were not fit to go to war with. Fifty years later they are miuch improved and a real weapon. I got a piston driven AR-180 in 71-72 and much prefer it over the AR-15/M-16.

Speaking for myself here...
In regards to some of the "torture tests" that folks out in You Tube Land put on....

As a former Infantryman with experience in LRRP / LRSD units , Airborne , Ranger and four combat tours...
I would never put any of my rifles* through those "tests".
We did keep our rifles clean and maintained...as often as we could at least....
Why would you intentionally abuse the rifle that might just save your life or the life of a squad mate...?
Those tests in my opinion are worthless.

*Rifles used by me :
M16A1
M16A2
CAR-15 ( Second favorite )
M4 Carbine
M203 ( I know not really a rifle / carbine , but attached to one )
M21 ( My Favorite )
M24
M82A1

None of the above would ever be subjected to the abuse shown in many of those videos.
Andy

^^^So much this. I subject my guns to enough "abuse" through regular use, submerging them mud and running them over with a truck is not going to tell me anything I don't already know. Youtube torture tests are lame.

^^^So much this. I subject my guns to enough "abuse" through regular use, submerging them mud and running them over with a truck is not going to tell me anything I don't already know. Youtube torture tests are lame.

Agreed. Once you've seen one....... I'm just disappointed the AK just QUIT! WTH? At least he could still use it as a 'Chin-up Bar".

"I got a piston driven AR-180 in 71-72 and much prefer it over the AR-15/M-16."

I hear tell that the Daewoo combines the AR FCG, AK type gas system, FN/FAL style adjustable gas valve.
Unfortunately they are not currently available.

Waiting on parts to finish a BRN-180S (AR-180 variant). Truck gun size with folding brace. Total cost (without brace/optic) with SS 3.5lb trigger is $1050. 10.5" barrel (i would prefer 12.5") Dont have pics yet cuz not done but these are similar. BRN180s_c.jpg brownells-brn-180S-768x511.jpeg

The AR-15 is a competition target rifle capable of perfect scores out to 600 yards. The AR dominates Highpower
Rifle competition. Service rifles use a 20 inch barrel, 4 power scope and 4.5 pound minimum trigger. Unsupported
no bi-pod just a sling. :) Let's see your AK do this?:eek:
DSC00194.JPG
DSC00195.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads