JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6DC712C6-A209-4590-97E9-869BF54CB7D4.jpeg F9B72128-198F-4357-88B6-5FEFBE6C5C81.jpeg
No touch brisket today. No touch meaning while I was sleeping my lovely wife got up and put it on. Turned out great, our visitors are doing their best to not leave any leftovers, LOL.

View attachment 1410623
My side for the deer roast!

I found a morel at the edge of my lawn a couple days ago. I pretty much quit looking for them. Used to find a few half-free morels and some yellows on the islands in the Columbia around Easter some years ago. And we hunted up on the East slopes of Hood a time or three, paying attention to elevation and date. A lot of driving not half of what you have in that pan. I wondered if I just never could get the morel goggles? I've got some pretty decent chanterelle goggles though. :) But chanterelles are bright yellow/orange.

Been offline since Friday afternoon, cuz it was our Semi-Annual Shootfest weekend...

Only one of my outta-town shootin' buddies could make it down this past weekend (the other was moving to a new house), but Lars and I would not be discouraged by the low attendance. We enjoyed the obligatory grilled porterhouse steaks from Templeman's Meats on Saturday night...

Preparation...

ShootFest porterhouse2023-04-22.01.JPG

Served...

ShootFest porterhouse2023-04-22.02.JPG

Close-up inspection...

ShootFest porterhouse2023-04-22.03.JPG

Delizioso...!

Delizioso.JPG

Man, this years weather has been getting me down.
My property is at the base of canyon. It makes for a great backstop, but pretty much kills my chances of growing anything but evergreens. I'm sure if I did the green house thing, I could have some luck, but otherwise the frost and reduced sunshine makes things difficult.

Wheels, thanks for continually bringing inspiration to this thread. :)

It's uplifting to see someone embracing the joy of food (particularly amidst the less favorable goings-on in the world these days). 👍
Haha my pleasure! It's nice to take a step back, relax, and not dwell on the craziness every once in a while.

The Wives got the hell outta dodge for a little girls weekend leaving me and the neighbor home alone with all the kids. Thought we deserved a little treat so got these fat boys on deck for tomorrow

20230505_142110.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top