JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Elk meat didn't thaw in time so just regular burgers and dogs tonight. But gawt dang it feels good to be out in the sun again!

20230318_175521.jpg

OK.

Not so "on the Grill", but it's what I'm havin' tonight. :)

"RBC Burritos".

Yes. Rice, Bean and Cheese Burritos.

This MAY be REVOLTING to Some of you, However,

An Excellent and Somewhat Healthy Choice for those of us Counting Pennies on a Fixed Income, OR just seeking something a Tad bit healthier.

Take a Deep Breath, and follow along...

I Start with making Spanish Rice in a Totally Super-Healthy, LOW Sodium Recipe involving Lundberg Sprouted Brown Basmati Rice.

(Recipe is available upon request. IF I like you :))

I make it in Big Batches to Last Me a Month or so.

THEN,

You add some Black beans (either canned or cooked in a Crock Pot):

P1.jpg

THEN, You add Salsa and Sour Cream....

P2.jpg

THEN, you add Grated Cheddar..

P3.jpg

FOLD Them UP and Put The Whole Deal in the MICRO for Thirty, annd....

P4.jpg

To Die For.

Sure Did, was an absolute blast!View attachment 1388642
Got up close and personal with the baddest of the baddies, I s THAT impressive in person, I can tell you! Matt was the coolest cat you would expect, as was the rest of his crew, heck, they all were!
Outstanding!
I'm monumentally impressed with that crew…it's nice to see people that actually "walk the walk" instead of fantasizing behind a keyboard.
I don't think anybody, Matt included, thought it would be so well-attended.
Kudo's to you for going.

Outstanding!
I'm monumentally impressed with that crew…it's nice to see people that actually "walk the walk" instead of fantasizing behind a keyboard.
I don't think anybody, Matt included, thought it would be so well-attended.
Kudo's to you for going.
Thanks! We had an absolute blast, and nobody thought there would be so many folks there, it was amazing to see how many folks turned out from all around the world, not just the states, I talked with a couple who had flown in from Finland just to be there for that event, THATS some serious commitment!
I do gotta say, by far and away the hardest working member of Matts crew ( or anyone else) was Jefe, that guy was everywhere and doing everything, no matter where you looked, there was Jefe in the middle making it happen, I sure hope he gets the recognition he deserves for everything he did to make it all Happen!
Lizzy ( And her Sister) was every bit as cool as you would expect, and she was happy to take selfies with anyone who wanted, even me, LOL!

OK.

Not so "on the Grill", but it's what I'm havin' tonight. :)

"RBC Burritos".

Yes. Rice, Bean and Cheese Burritos.

This MAY be REVOLTING to Some of you, However,

An Excellent and Somewhat Healthy Choice for those of us Counting Pennies on a Fixed Income, OR just seeking something a Tad bit healthier.

Take a Deep Breath, and follow along...

I Start with making Spanish Rice in a Totally Super-Healthy, LOW Sodium Recipe involving Lundberg Sprouted Brown Basmati Rice.

(Recipe is available upon request. IF I like you :))

I make it in Big Batches to Last Me a Month or so.

THEN,

You add some Black beans (either canned or cooked in a Crock Pot):

View attachment 1388572

THEN, You add Salsa and Sour Cream....

View attachment 1388578

THEN, you add Grated Cheddar..

View attachment 1388582

FOLD Them UP and Put The Whole Deal in the MICRO for Thirty, annd....

View attachment 1388587

To Die For.
Looks damned good. Looks a lot how I make my burritos, but I skip the rice and use refrieds instead of the whole (black) beans.
I also add something like fried sausage or cooked prawns, green chilis, sliced black olives, and diced Walla Walla sweet onions, in addition to the grated sharp cheddar cheese. Roll it all up together and nuke it a little longer than you do (45-60 seconds, depending upon what's in it), and then serve up with warmed red enchilada sauce (instead of salsa) and sour cream (on top, not inside). It really is quick to make. Grating/chopping things up takes the most time of all of it...

Thanks! We had an absolute blast, and nobody thought there would be so many folks there, it was amazing to see how many folks turned out from all around the world, not just the states, I talked with a couple who had flown in from Finland just to be there for that event, THATS some serious commitment!
I do gotta say, by far and away the hardest working member of Matts crew ( or anyone else) was Jefe, that guy was everywhere and doing everything, no matter where you looked, there was Jefe in the middle making it happen, I sure hope he gets the recognition he deserves for everything he did to make it all Happen!
Lizzy ( And her Sister) was every bit as cool as you would expect, and she was happy to take selfies with anyone who wanted, even me, LOL!
Pic's or it didn't happen!

It's taco Tuesday, who's in?
Always! :)

I see my street taco vendor every Tuesday night for the weekly feast.
The dude knows my order by heart, and starts the assembly as soon as he see my rig wheel into the parking lot.
I'm sooooooo predictable... :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top