JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My anniversary dinner. We did a bone in prime rib steak, lamb chops, risotto and stuffed mushrooms. The meat was seasoned with black Hawaiian salt, black pepper, garlic, and rosemary. It doesn't get too much better than this!

IMG_20240323_180906904~2.jpg IMG_20240323_183805068~2.jpg IMG_20240323_184402284~2.jpg IMG_20240323_185022411~2.jpg

Melt in your mouth ribeye cap steaks.
Home made French bread with a roasted garlic butter spread. Home made maple bars for dessert. Yeah we're not counting carbs or calories tonight haha. There was a salad somewhere too I heard but I didn't have any.

1000010153.jpg 1000010154.jpg 1000010152.jpg 1000010150.jpg 1000010155.jpg

We are trying to eat Heart Healthy more or less so my wife BBQ'd a rack of Pork ribs but instead of slathering them in BBQ sauce she gave them a light coating of yellow mustard and a rub with Mrs Dash. Low and slow on the grill and a few spritzes of apple juice now and then made them awesome.

15BD7514-AF10-4844-9636-54E4F00D92A4.jpeg
Did these tacos last night on the Blackstone Grill and boy did they turn out great! Had a bunch of friends over to feed as they helped get my son's new to him (2004 Jeep WJ) home to work on before getting his license next year. We owned it years back and sold it to a friend, it is far worse for wear now but cleaning up nicely. Now the issue is, due to it needing a new engine, do we rebuild/replace the stock 4.0 or go with a 4.7 striker version of the inline 6? Here's a photo of the Jeep and my son before pressure washing the moss off from being parked for over a year.
DFD8C788-6EAF-4DF8-8458-BE4B5CEA62FD.jpeg

View attachment 1850044
Did these tacos last night on the Blackstone Grill and boy did they turn out great! Had a bunch of friends over to feed as they helped get my son's new to him (2004 Jeep WJ) home to work on before getting his license next year. We owned it years back and sold it to a friend, it is far worse for wear now but cleaning up nicely. Now the issue is, due to it needing a new engine, do we rebuild/replace the stock 4.0 or go with a 4.7 striker version of the inline 6? Here's a photo of the Jeep and my son before pressure washing the moss off from being parked for over a year.
View attachment 1850047
Is that beans between the tortillas? They look delicious!

Is that beans between the tortillas? They look delicious!
The beans come later during assembly, I doubled up two corn tortillas and quickly dipped each side in enchilada sauce. That's grilled enchilada sauce your seeing, also dumped a bit of the remaining sauce on the chicken, really added a lot of flavor once almost dried onto it while cooking. Finished it off with onions, cilantro, rice beans, and some weird liquid Mexican cheese.

The beans come later during assembly, I doubled up two corn tortillas and quickly dipped each side in enchilada sauce. That's grilled enchilada sauce your seeing, also dumped a bit of the remaining sauce on the chicken, really added a lot of flavor once almost dried onto it while cooking. Finished it off with onions, cilantro, rice beans, and some weird liquid Mexican cheese.
Bean flickin....Rodney Carrington

Damn, I'm doing lamb chops tonight!

Oh, and happy anniversary, 2W4E! :s0115:
ETA
pic...

Lamb chops24.JPG

Marinated/grilled lamb choppers with mint jelly, some leftover fettucine with sweet-hot Italian sausage, a Caprese salad, and a house red and a few OFs with which to wash all this goodness down...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top