JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
End of the world.

Fox covered it last week I think:p.

Seriously, we live in a much different world then just 15-20 years ago and have way more access to information that isn't just in our back yards.

There have always been crazies - we just didn't have everyone around with digital phone cameras to cover all the stuff that has always happened.

Evil is becoming emboldened, people are getting greedy and not caring about others.

There are the three root problems.

I hate to say it but Dyj might be right. Those that have the resources to do something about it don't care, those of us with resources are trying to hold on to what we have, and evil finds it all to easy to pick us off one by one and overwhelm us with the horde.

Evil is becoming emboldened, people are getting greedy and not caring about others.

There are the three root problems.

+1 Further to this, the world is becoming full and resources are becoming more scarce. Consequently there is more competition for those resources. Personally, I think population growth is the single biggest problem the world faces today. Just about any problem we have can be attributed to it. But people are largely unaware of this.

Consider this...

In 1900 the world population hit 1 billion people. And it took millennia to reach that number. Fast forward just 100 years to 2000 and the world population didn't just double, it increased exponentially to 6 billion people! Imagine where the world will be at in 2100?

And here's a little riddle to help illustrate the severity of this...

Assume that it's 11:30 p.m. and we start with a jar with just two organisms in it. The rules are that those two entities will double every 30 seconds and the jar will be completely full at midnight.

Question: At what time will the jar be half full? (answer below)

Answer: At 11:59 and 30 seconds the jar will be half full, because at midnight they will double for the last time, filling the jar.

So up until 11:59:30 things are looking pretty ok, right? There's still plenty of space left in the jar.

Get the point?

By the time we wake up and even realize we've got a population problem, it may be 11:59:30 and way too late. We may already be there.

I don't think the world is overpopulated just yet. Lots of space to spread out, but everyone wants to live on top of everyone else - and wants what everyone else has - that breeds hatred, violence. Maybe if we stopped paying people to NOT grow food, it would help? Maybe if we actually went after, and obliterated the truly evil ones in this world, it would help? Fact is that none of this is new, it's been going on since the beginning of our history on this planet. People are inherently filled with greed, evil, violence, hatred, bigotry, intolerance. This has never changed. What has changed is that the restraints on these things have, in my opinion, been lessened over the decades. We no longer call true evil "evil", but yet celebrated depravity in its many forms.

I think @Joe13 nailed a key aspect of this though - much of this has already been going on for years, decades, centuries - but social media has allowed us to see more than we ever wanted to know before. As much as I adore technology, it has brought with it some very ugly consequences.

In my mind, what we are seeing is the natural course of progression when we seek to bring a promise of false peace by removing all the restraints on certain aspects of the human condition. Backs turning on teachings and beliefs that have often helped restrain evil. Since religious talk is generally verboten on this forum, I'll just leave it at that. And that's my 2 pesos, FWIW ;)

I hate to say it but Dyj might be right. Those that have the resources to do something about it don't care, those of us with resources are trying to hold on to what we have, and evil finds it all to easy to pick us off one by one and overwhelm us with the horde.
I might be right? Please, I'm always right. Always.

Except when I'm wrong or that one time when I thought I was wrong.

Any of the above posts bring home a notion.
The notion being , do what you can to make your immediate
surroundings as safe and calm as you can.
You can't control or help all the world , just your little part in it.
Andy

What's going on around the world.People are going crazy can any one tell me what the heck is going on.

The media. It just seems that there is a lot of chaos because the media sensationalizes all the bad news - and not just because of ratings.

Actually, compared to the past, we are leaving in a time of unprecedented peace.

War and Peace over the Long Run

Why the World Is Not Falling Apart

Why all of the bad news then?

Besides the fact that we have a lot more news in general, and there is the internet reporting everything so a much wider perspective of the world than in the past, we also have those controlling the media who gain a lot from pushing a message of fear and chaos.

Who would this be who gains from this?

Those people in power, either publicly or behind the scenes, whose agendas gain power from people living in fear. People who are fearful grasp for answers/solutions, and that usually means turning to those in power who offer those solutions. This is why Trump is so popular; he plays to that crowd. On the left, they are a bit more subtle, but you probably noticed how the gun-control crowd plays to fear and government control. Bush and then Obama played to it with the "war on terrorism". Reagan played to it with the "war on drugs".

FUD - Fear Uncertainty Doubt - works every time.

Don't fall for it. Seek out the facts for yourself. The truth.

I do agree about resources and population, etc.

But that has been happening for decades and is not something new, and it will take a few more decades to come to a conclusion (mass die off), and in that respect, things won't get better, they will get worse.

My grandfather was a marine who lived through the horrors in a trench in Belguim as a young man and later lost his profitable business during the depression. My father served in the Army Air corp 2 times. They kicked him out for health reasons and then gladly took him back when WW2 started. It was ugly beyond belief for him.

If either was alive, I suspect that they would look at our country today and believe that they were blessed and living in heaven to have what we all have right now. Typically even the lowest of the low in this country today lives better than royalty in days of old. I suppose how one looks at all this it's a question of if one is focusing on the good and the plenty of which there is so much, or on the bad, which is what the news media typically focus's on. It is the dichotomy of our lives that we have both that makes things so interesting.

What's going on around the world.People are going crazy can any one tell me what the heck is going on.

It's because the powers-that-be have Bloody run amok. People are sick and tired of being oppressed by the Rich and Famous, politicians wantabe kings and queens of the world.
I believe that what it is going to take to rectify this "British Imperialism" is a full on revolution. We are not subjects, we demand they cease and desist on squashing our rights because we have had enough (at least in America)!!!
So called leaders are corrupt to the core, we all are duped by their fake promises just to get elected then they inject their own agenda!!!:mad:

Yeah, I do always say what's on my mind...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads