JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But certainly a "non-existent" registry of firearms ownership could never be at risk of being hacked and the information used for nefarious purposes. đź«Ł

But certainly a "non-existent" registry of firearms ownership could never be at risk of being hacked and the information used for nefarious purposes. đź«Ł
great!!! now they have the oh so convenient registered voter info, wonder what they can do with that? or the complete list of undocumented drivers that could be used to create even more Voters with addresses you can manipulate for benefit of a preferred delivery address? Gives them a year to figure out try before next election cycle? As we all know our previous S.O.S wasnt at all ethical and who knows how many more are still in positions..

I expect a huge number of mail in ballots giving the democrats the win-by-a-landslide in 2024.

Of course, all those ballots will show up after midnight just in time to be counted.

Sound familiar?

According to what news reports are saying;

The hack happened 2 weeks ago;

4 days ago the State officials determined the breach reached approximately 3.5 million Oregonians data, seems to be everything;

And you can contact Oregon DMV for additional information beyond asking the three credit reporting groups to freeze your credit files; request free credit checks for the next 12 months; and anything hinky/suspicious, call the number on the credit reports, or go to FTC's website for ID theft procedures..

:rolleyes: well. Good thing I didn't get a credit card. Going to be contacting my banks to follow up and confirm things.

Anyone who is worried about this one cheap insurance policy is credit reporting. Many banks and Credit Cards offer this for free. We have it free from one bank and one CC. Has altered us multiple times to someone trying. We get an alert any time someone even looks at our Credit. Also when someone opens or even tries to open an account. FAR easier to deal with this at that stage than wait till some collection agency is contacting you wanting to know why you have not paid the bill on an account you had no idea existed.

great!!! now they have the oh so convenient registered voter info, wonder what they can do with that? or the complete list of undocumented drivers that could be used to create even more Voters with addresses you can manipulate for benefit of a preferred delivery address? Gives them a year to figure out try before next election cycle? As we all know our previous S.O.S wasnt at all ethical and who knows how many more are still in positions..
voter information is available at the election department. you just go down there and they give you the information on everyone registered to vote for a low cost of $500 for everyone in the state. Remember your pinky swear to not use it for commercial purposes.

back in 2006? was that when we did the recall petition? too old to remember anymore. We got that list to do our petition gathering.

Then a guy secretly volunteered to give us data that one of the larger political groups had on everyone in the district. It was a lot of information. All the basic demographics plus political party, NRA membership, etc. I shredded that info the moment we were done. If felt just a bit heavy keeping that much information on everyone at home in my safe.

But that all pales in what they have now scraped from social medial and online sources.

remember when the credit agency got hacked and they gave everyone $6 in compensation for losing all that information? its all out there now.

Mr Negative here. :) Your ODL is real ID, meaning the picture is quality enough to identify you to anyone who looks and compares you to it. It's a good enough picture that it can be fed into a facial recognition program and follow you where ever you go.

Odds are your information has been sold by now and those who buy it are not good people.

We all want to start a class action somehow? I've about had it with the DMV and their shenanigans anyway....
If you start asking around you may well get some law firm to do this. The "results" if you do? Some firm will get a bunch of people together. Many years from now they will "win" a settlement. Everyone who wants a piece will have to sign up. Good while later all of them will get a small check amounting to nothing. The law firm will make millions. The people who pay for this? The same tax payers. The results? Tax payers get a bill. The people who are responsible? Nothing happens to them.

Just wait for the banking system to get hacked. Bank holiday all the way. This is why I am not big on cryptos, but I digress.

DMV has never impressed me, I am not surprised they got hacked. I mean Look at the oxygen thieves that work at your local DMV office lol, need I say more?

The State of Oregon government is notorious for being unable to set up and/or operate a computerized system. Many years ago DMV spent a fortune on a system that never was implemented. It ran a COBOL-based system until about 2019.

Part of the problem is that Oregon has tried to upgrade systems while keeping the user interface the same. The thinking was that it was undesirable to expect the workers to learn a new system, so obscene amounts of money were wasted trying to make a new system work like an obsolete one!

When the current system was installed, the decision was to use a "cookie cutter" system that had been adopted by other states. This was an improvement in thinking from the previous attempts, but introduced a new hazard: the chance of a program vulnerability that was spread over many states. Such a vulnerability would be attractive to hackers because the payoff would be much greater.

Guess what? The vulnerability resulted in a huge hack of both State and Federal data!

"State of Oregon functional computer system" is an oxymoron.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top