JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
today marks day 41 since my appointment with Marion County Sheriffs Office, and i have yet to receive an email, phone call, voicemail, or anything in the mail regarding my CHL. I know Marion County likes to stretch the time as much as they can but it just seems like i would've got some sort of message saying whether i was Accepted or Denied. what do i do if 45 days go past with no word on acceptance/denial, or no license in the mail? my appointment was may 6th if that means much

what do i do if 45 days go past with no word on acceptance/denial, or no license in the mail? my appointment was may 6th if that means much

Nothing. It would seem, after looking back at your previous posts, that it had already been explained. Various agencies around the state take different amounts of time. Just sit tight.

oh really? please do show me where i was informed about this process?

After reading your April post and this current one I think you may need to work on learning some patience. Just to do my renewal in Benton County I had to wait almost 2 months for my appointment at the sheriffs office. I can only imagine how much busier Marion is. I'm sure it's a zoo. Like it was previously mentioned in your new gun post, take some classes. It will help the time go by faster. If you think you've got it rough, engage some of the folks here that have Form 4's submitted to the ATF and are waiting on approvals. Some of us that did it on paper last year are still waiting 9 and 12 months later to get cleared. Some of the guys that applied on the new e-file system are seeing approvals come through in 4 months or less. Again patience is key, especially in these times when it involves anything firearms related. It's not going to get any easier. Once you do have everything all smoothed out and you go to make your next firearm purchase, fill out your Form 4473 and hand over your carry permit and leave your drivers license in your wallet! Then stand back and wait patiently and you may just get your first auto approval and not end up stuck in the back log of 2500+ waiting to get a BGC approval from OSP.

Last Edited:
Just to compare.

My son and I went into the Vancouver PD office for our CCW on the same day. I was there for renewal. While my son was there as a first-timer. The staff was cordial and things went smoothly.

I got my card in the mail within about a month.

My son's lic took about a month and a half.

Aloha, Mark

Move to Washington County. They move quickly. But being patient will probably be more cost effective. Just hold tight and quit counting the days.

Best move, make a sign demanding the mayors resignation than parade down and up the sidewalk in front of city hall...

Honestly do you really think your going to speed up a government worker?

:rolleyes:

ImpatientSMS2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews