JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm getting two pictures about the turnout, a little confusing:
The overall turnout was low for both parties.
The turnout for Trump, compared to the turnout for Clinton, was quite high.
Is that correct? It looks contradictory, but I guess it doesn't have to be.

IMO, that's the pundits trying to spin it so that the sting of the loss doesn't hurt as bad. I've also heard, "she had more votes..." blah, blah, blah. The cold reality is that if you take away CA and NY, her strongholds, she lost badly by almost 4M votes. That is the brilliance of the Electoral College of this Republic. The Founding Fathers did indeed have their futuristic vision goggles on when they wrote the constitution.

The Dems got what they deserved. They shutdown a Jew who openly talked about cleaning house on the party, whom they thought couldn't be elected, and served up a criminal instead. D'oh!
What has surprised me is that there have been no criminal investigations into this yet.
I wonder if Trump will follow through on his promise to nail HRC to the cross.

Your characterization of folk as uninformed and misinformed is more accurate, because I see it too, and it manifests itself as fear and hatred toward firearms. It is with these very folk that I have found taking the time to show and teach them, their ignorance and fear can be transformed to empowerment and respect. It's pretty electrifying for some.
This was my experience. I went from a gun hater to a gun lover, thanks to the info and patience of a gun-guy. He talked about his experiences with shooting. He talked about weapons with respect. He didn't tell me I was stupid, just asked if maybe I'd like to try shooting sometime. I decided to trust him and went out to a range with him. The moment he let me shoot his Colt 1911 and I heard the ding of the bullet off of the metal target I was pointing at, I was hooked. Head over heals in love. The feeling of accomplishment when I hit that target was terrific. I felt empowered. I've never looked back.
But we can't force anyone into that transformation. And it doesn't always work. My daughter still won't touch a gun... but she did end up marrying someone who loves guns even more than I do! At least he and I have a great time together!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top