JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a Ruger Gunsite Scout that I'm setting up as a scout rifle is designed. I've got a Burris long eye relief 2-7x scope out on the scout rail. When I bought it used, it had a muzzle brake on it, but that doesn't seem right to me. This isn't designed as a bench rest rifle, but as a take-it-out rifle. I can imagine not wearing ear protection during use of this rifle, though that frightens me for my ear health.

I will NOT be putting on a brake or comp, but right now I only have the thread protector on it.

Should I have it wear a flash hider? Just the thread protector? I've even considered the newest Noveske KX5, which is the lighter version of the KX3 Flaming Pig. They are designed for SBR's to increase back pressure for proper cycling. But a 16" barrel is sort of a short barrel for 308. The design is also meant to propel the sound and blast more forward than back or side, reducing the pressure for the shooter.

What do y'all think?

When I bought it used, it didn't come with the Ruger birdcage flash hider. So I have a clean plate. Would I buy a birdcage if I had every option in the world? Probably not. I'd like something that looks a little cooler, at least.

Do you want and ENJOYABLE day of shooting ?
Or do you want bruised and Tender shoulder at end of day.
Plus if your wife or girlfriend wanted to shoot it she won't want to shoot it again .
I would put minimum of a 3port Break on it . All my 30 cals have breaks on them .
The DEER OR ELK won't hear it till it's to late anyway
JM2cents

I'll look into a hybrid. The ultimate goal is a 30-cal can. So maybe I ought to wait until I know which can I'm gonna go with before deciding on a device.

Again, this about field expediency for my use, not to protect the fragile shoulders of friends and family at the range. Unless it is a mount for a can, I'm not going to use a brake.

This one looks like a really good option. Cap off, cap on, both options available.

EliteIron_MuzzleDevices_Bravo1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top