JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you Draw the Line?

• I support/put up with the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Establishes FFL, defines prohibited persons)

• I do NOT support the Gun Control Act of 1968

• I support/put up with the Ban on Full Auto weapons (as it stands currently with heavy regulation)

• I do NOT support the Ban of Fully Automatic Weapons

• I support or will put up with background checks (As they stand currently)

• I do NOT support background checks

• I support or will put up with mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support any type of regulation on firearms -- Shall Not Infringe means zero regulations

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had a brief chat with CNN advisor Three Star Army General Mark Hertling, he said "answer this final question: what is the need for assault weapons and SA pistols other than 'I want it'"

I responded without hesitation "freedom"

Stick your gun control up your a$$

Nevertheless it's in the gun community's best interest to make sure criminals and mentally unstable folks don't get guns. I'm all for background checks.

I suppose if one believes the Government Religion - that they are there to protect us and help us - this would be a reasonable point of view.

I just don't understand how anyone can still believe such things. Did 200,000,000 people in the last century get murdered in vain? Are we to learn nothing from that?

You say you don't mind inconvenience. It's pretty damned inconvenient to be murdered.

The problem with background checks is that has little or nothing to do with checking our background.
If they were concerned with that they would issue a firearms possession permit to every citizen who wasn't a convicted felon and leave it at that. But even that isn't necessary. The burden of proof is on the government to prove your doing something illegal with it. Possession should never be questioned.
Also the background check should be free to anyone calling in. It should not require an FFL license to access. But Like I said, background checks are not meant to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals either. That's only the smoke screen bimbocrats are blowing at us.

Any kind of prohibition or imposed limitations do not work. In general, prohibition is nothing but a myopic, quick-fix solution that always has long-term negative consequences, and it does nothing to alter behavior. People are going to get their booze, drugs and guns whether they are illegal or not, so criminal enterprises will always profit from prohibition. Just ask the guy who sells full-auto AKs on the black market. That guy loves gun control.

If there is a history that means there is a registration. I do not support registration.

BGCs are not about checking whether the person can buy a firearm. If I can buy firearm X, then I can buy firearm Y. Why do they need the serial number and type/make/model/etc. of a firearm for a BGC?

For registration.

Why do they need registration?

For confiscation.

The gun control laws that have accumulated over the decades are a result of calls for "common sense" compromise. Where has it gotten us? They'll never be satisfied. They'll always just move on to the next "common sense" solution since none of the prior ones have worked. "Compromise" has happened over and over and over so it's not unreasonable or extreme to say we will not compromise anymore. In fact we should be repealing gun control laws, not expanding them. No more selling out the 2nd Amendment for feel good but illogical "solutions".

In general, prohibition is nothing but a myopic, quick-fix solution that always has long-term negative consequences, and it does nothing to alter behavior.

Bingo. Humans are naturally contrary. The second you try to herd them in one direction, even "for their own good" :rolleyes: they scatter.

Perhaps the prohibitionists enjoy licking boots and imagine everybody else is that way too, but it just ain't so. Not everybody is a "good German", and thank Heaven for that.

The Compromise | Strike-The-Root: A Journal Of Liberty (http://strike-the-root.com/compromise)

I draw the line at tactical nuclear weapons... :)

M55-Nuke-Launcher-Starship-Troopers.jpg

I guess I've lived through most of this, including being a Soldier and a LEO. All I've ever seen of gun laws is those that don't work or more simply aren't enforced. So I voted to not support any of them. I'm for the idea that the criminals should be punished when they choose to use a gun during a crime.
I believe in the Felony Murder Rule and the Three(3) Strikes Law but way too many times these simply aren't enforced. These are almost always used as "Let's Make a Deal" laws just like they are being used in OR right now with the "Protesters" who chose to occupy some Federal land and ended up killing(I think that was part of it) somebody. From what I read they are all going to be charged with Misdemeanors and NOT the "Firearms Violations" that they committed! Whatever their cause, they gave all of us black eyes when they chose to use firearms to make their point.

The government was never meant to protect anyone from anything other than a foreign invasion.

I see the preamble as stating something more than defense from only outside. Emphasis is mine:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Alexander Hamilton, after the Constitution had been ratified, argued for a broad interpretation which viewed spending as an enumerated power that Congress could exercise independently- to benefit the general welfare, such as to assist national needs in agriculture or education, provided that the spending is general in nature and does not favor any specific section of the country over any other.

I don't like bgc on private sales but I do support them if you buy them new. I know shall not be infringed stuff but alot more violent people that shouldn't own guns would have them if they could walk in and walk out with a gun no questions asked and we all know that is true. Yes you can buy a sword without a bgc but come on a ar-15 has a higher probability of being lethal. I know people pass bgc and go it and kill people but you can't stop that. The law isn't unreasonable as it is. - I might take the non violent tax felony types regain their rights.

I think if you can afford it you should be able to have anything the government has.

No waiting periods it doesn't stop anything

When you say "the law" do you mean Federal or 594/941?

When I have to jump through a zillion hoops just to let the girlfriend join a match using my iron while UNDER MY SUPERVISION... *rolls eyes* And that's not even teeing up the AFL bulls***...

Gun control is just like any known disease that's plagued society for over a hundred years. Prohibition, depression, recession. Do as I say, not as I do. Is there a cure for cancer? Is there a cure for Aids? Likely, I really feel there is. The problem is there's BIG money to be made from the diseases, why announce a cure? Why would anyone want to cure it? Same goes for drugs, or anything of financial gain. Many years ago, I read in (IIRC) Popular Mechanics, that back in the late 40's there was a breakthrough concerning better gas mileage. Them old sleds we call classic cars, a flathead V-8 was getting near 80mpg. WHAT? The oil companies wouldn't have that!! That got axed. Where did the documentation go from all the testing?

The answers are clearly evident to most problems we have in our country, and all over the rest of the world. Oh how, they need to be addressed. Hypocrisy mixed greed is the winning hand, and will continue to get thrown about.

The law isn't unreasonable as it is. -
Bakersman345; I have no idea where you got this idea but I truly think you have no clue just how bad ALL so called Gun Laws can be. Especially, when they are simply not enforced by the people who are supposed to be doing the enforcing. The '68GCA didn't stop me from bringing a pistol back into this country, even though I wasn't old enough to even own one in '69 or in '70 when I brought a second one into the country. Over the years I have seen way too many cases of illegal firearms ownership/possession tossed out in favor of some kind of lesser offense just so the prosecutors can say they "got" a conviction. And, gun laws aren't the only ones that are used to play the game of "Let's Make a Deal". Any "Law" that takes away a "Right" given to the people of this Country by our Constitution simply can't be a good one or an unreasonable one.

BGC's are a total waste of time for reducing crime and democrats at the top know it. All the statistics prove it. It's only the bottom feeders that believe that propaganda. They use their ignorant followers to vote for things to annoy the Republicans. BGC's have little or nothing to do with checking our background. It's data collection.

Bakersman345; I have no idea where you got this idea but I truly think you have no clue just how bad ALL so called Gun Laws can be. Especially, when they are simply not enforced by the people who are supposed to be doing the enforcing. The '68GCA didn't stop me from bringing a pistol back into this country, even though I wasn't old enough to even own one in '69 or in '70 when I brought a second one into the country. Over the years I have seen way too many cases of illegal firearms ownership/possession tossed out in favor of some kind of lesser offense just so the prosecutors can say they "got" a conviction. And, gun laws aren't the only ones that are used to play the game of "Let's Make a Deal". Any "Law" that takes away a "Right" given to the people of this Country by our Constitution simply can't be a good one or an unreasonable one.

I'm saying not everyone should be allowed to walk into a store and walk out with a firearm. Yes I know full well a criminal will find another way to get a gun, I bought my first gun when i was 15 from some loserbin my neighborhood for $50... that was in 2006. However not every bad guy or gal knows someone to get a gun from.

What I am saying is that more bad people would have guns if they didn't have to do a background check. You can't deny that its simple logic really. No bgc Felon, domestic abuser, drug addict, etc wants gun but doesn't go to do paperwork because he knows he can't pass weather or not he gets in trouble is a moot point because they know they aren't going to get past the bgc so they don't bother. No bcg felon, drug abuser, wife beater say F it I'm gonna get me a gun gets a gun shoots someone in the face.

If a law popped up to repeal the law I wouldn't oppose it but it doesn't bother me that we have to fillout a simple form and wait 5 minutes to stop a few dip sticks from getting ahold of a firearm. I'm not advocating for more gun controll in fact id like to see it loosened up a bit. I am saying its the way it is now and it doesn't bother me.

I understand this a ideological issue and there will be no convincing any of us to a doffrent perspective just as you couldn't convince a liberal smashing the skulls hand vacuming baby's out of a women is wrong or sick no matter what reasoning or logic is thrown into the mix.

I think for most of us the beef is the data collection--if you made a BGC so accessible anyone could call or app one in and *know* that there'd be no retained data and just a straight "Go/No-Go" it might fly a lot better... but it'd need to have ironclad protection to ensure that the data is purged except in No-Gos.

On the other hand, needing to have an FFL do BGC both ways every time the gun changes hands when I want to take somebody shooting and the gun will remain under my oversight and supervision for the duration...

I think for most of us the beef is the data collection--if you made a BGC so accessible anyone could call or app one in and *know* that there'd be no retained data and just a straight "Go/No-Go" it might fly a lot better... but it'd need to have ironclad protection to ensure that the data is purged except in No-Gos.

They have all the data they need anyway man. Your on this website thats enough, people have Facebook's where they put every thought, you have a debt card, you have a cellphone in your pocket and the fact of the matter is 99.9999999% of us on this site dont matter to the government. I'm opposed to data collection as much as any of you are but there is nothing we can do to stop it.

So them punching your name into a computer to get a gun isn't sh!t compared to what your iPhone collects dayly. they don't even list the serial number of the gun or guns you bought on the bgc itself, yes it's on the paper form the store keeps that will never be looked at again or mysteriously have water damage one day.

It would take to much effort to find all the info from all the stores and go to all the people's houses to take the guns that many people sold to someone in the freddies parking lot 10 years ago. I know we all get off some government martial law, shtf, from my cold dead hands fantasy, but really as long as we have the nfl and McDonald's the government doesn't have to worry about a revolution we are far to fat and lazy to give a sh!t. Everything is going to be fine no one is coming for you. Although they are watching and laughing at you type silly stuff on the internet past your bed time on the webcam you have in your computer screen better cover that up and for Christ sale put some pants on the nsa doesn't want see that.

(I'm playing around)

- yes i-594, and 941 are b.s laws. I agree

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top