JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you Draw the Line?

• I support/put up with the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Establishes FFL, defines prohibited persons)

• I do NOT support the Gun Control Act of 1968

• I support/put up with the Ban on Full Auto weapons (as it stands currently with heavy regulation)

• I do NOT support the Ban of Fully Automatic Weapons

• I support or will put up with background checks (As they stand currently)

• I do NOT support background checks

• I support or will put up with mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support any type of regulation on firearms -- Shall Not Infringe means zero regulations

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gonna lose some "friends" here but,

I support background checks.

I support laws that would actually prevent certain people from obtaining firearms as well. As long as it was a program with multiple agency oversight. (IE The feds or a jilted ex don't get to adjudicate a person "unfit" without due process, checks and balances etc)

I support fully automatic weapons being restricted but available through more stringent background checks (like it is now)

I am against Suppressors and SBR's being restricted the way they are. Its silly.

I am against any "feel good" laws that are proposed or enacted because that prevent ownership by any citizen who otherwise is mentally and physically capable of owning firearms.

I support people who own firearms being responsible for the safe keeping and proper usage of said firearm.

I support logical and fair discussions about making improvements to our system as it stands.

I am in complete agreement with you iheartSig I would further restore all firearms that were limited in '38 and '68 and restore imports with in the regs you laid out! I would also remove the regs on suppressors, SBR's, pistols/rifles versions and remove all limits of other firearms and the tax for all!

The only laws I support regarding firearms are:

1) No "casual" shooting of firearms in municipal areas - e.g., no target shooting in your backyard in densely populated areas.

2) Restrictions on ownership/possession by people convicted of certain felonies, especially violent felonies where a firearm was used in the crime.

Beyond that, I have often asserted that the Second Amendment is about "arms" not just firearms - i.e., any kind of "arm" including cannon, grenades, etc., and that it is about a balance of power between the civilian populace and the government, so any "arm the government has, the civilian populace should be able to possess without restriction (short of NBC weapons, which the government shouldn't have either).

"Gun violence" is curbed the following ways among others:
  • Holding people accountable to their actions
  • No restrictions on where and how people can defend themselves
  • Firearms education and training
Don't forget, by shooting the violent... :)

The NFA act of 1934 was not to make Americans safer. The story we were taught in public schools is that it was due to the deadly gang shootings that occurred during Prohibition. If that were the case it would have happened much earlier than 1934. Instead, it was in response to the second Bonus Veteran Army march on Washington the previous year. It was because the US government feared Word War 1 vets, and what would happen if they not reach a compromise with them over the bonus promised after that war. The bonus wasn't due until the 1940's, but it was the depression and they needed relief.

Does this fear of veterans by the government for not providing what was promised to them sound familiar?

The government only want to fulfill entitlements and other promises when it fits the agenda. The government fears that its citizens will hold them to the US Constitution and to make them accountable for their actions. This is why we had the NFA and all gun control legislation since then.

We need to stop the slide, and we need to turn the momentum and start taking our rights back. If we don't the American Dream is done and we will return to serfdom.

Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army)
This is exactly the type of post I love to read on here.
There are many people on the fence about gun control and some come onto these forums to learn. They may not register an account here but they are reading and observing our interactions.
This is the kind of education that can sway public opinion in our favor.

Shall - Auxilary verb: must; is or are obliged to
Not - Adverb: used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition
Be - Verb: to take place; happen; occur
Infringed - Verb: to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress

Since the US Constitution is the highest law of the land, and as the first ten amendments are inalienable rights afforded to all people by their Creator, the Second Amendment among them my opinion is to take it literally as written.

"Gun violence" is curbed the following ways among others:
  • Holding people accountable to their actions
  • No restrictions on where and how people can defend themselves
  • Firearms education and training

Me on the other hand, I believe gun violence would be made an almost complete non-issue if we fixed:
  • How we raise our children with proper values
  • Fix the failed education system 1-12th grade and prepare kids to function in the world
  • Fix the economy so people have the opportunities they need and don't get sucked up in crime
Watch as gun violence and most of societies other problems magically gets fixed.
... But nah, let's make increasingly stupid laws like California to fix the problem.

Jeff Cooper's Four Rules:
  • All guns are always loaded.
  • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Covers my gun control policy .

Coming from CA, I support NOTHING! Not one thing. Before I will consider ANY new gun control, I need to see:

1) All waiting periods eliminated for anyone who already owns a gun.
2) No "may-issue" CCW anywhere.
3) No exemptions from any gun laws for any creature of the government, PERIOD. That means that if I can't have a suppressed, full-auto, anything-I-want, then the FBI, the local LEOs, the movie production companies and the rich collectors can't have one either. If the military wants to use weapons that aren't available to the general public, they can practice outside of US waters and use them in Afghanistan.

Supporting ANY level of gun control just gets you MORE gun control.

Me on the other hand, I believe gun violence would be made an almost complete non-issue if we fixed:
  • How we raise our children with proper values
  • Fix the failed education system 1-12th grade and prepare kids to function in the world
  • Fix the economy so people have the opportunities they need and don't get sucked up in crime
Watch as gun violence and most of societies other problems magically gets fixed.
... But nah, let's make increasingly stupid laws like California to fix the problem.
The term gun violence makes people sound ignorant. Violence with guns would be a more informed description. Better yet, leave guns out of it, they are not violent.

The term gun violence makes people sound ignorant. Violence with guns would be a more informed description. Better yet, leave guns out of it, they are not violent.

The only dangerous inanimate object I'm aware of is Nancy pelosi's plastic surgery frozen face.

As I asked in another thread: why is it so much more vile to shoot somebody than to drop trou and beat them to death with your Unmentionables?

Seriously, help me make sense of this...

The BGC's are not meant for non-criminals so it doesn't matter if "I've done nothing." It isn't always about Y-O-U!

If we don't want dangerous felons to have unlimited access to guns what alternative ideas are there? Let's institute some better way. Let's hear it!

Let's hear your reasoning for why the "dangerous felons" you mentioned are out on the street instead of locked up or dead. We don't allow feral/wild animals, or rabid dogs to run loose in cities. Why TF do we allows dangerous felons? They both pose the same threat.

When we get done there, we can discuss what level of gun control is necessary for law abiding citizens.
Until then, we're just pizzin' round the maypole.

Let's hear your reasoning for why the "dangerous felons" you mentioned are out on the street instead of locked up or dead. We don't allow feral/wild animals, or rabid dogs to run loose in cities. Why TF do we allows dangerous felons? They both pose the same threat.

Because the prisons are too full of people we catch with marijuana. After all, they are better off in prison than they are smoking pot.:rolleyes:

Patriot1668 and Ura-KI

I like the Idea but I do see some pros and cons and I will tell you why it will never happen.

First are the pros, I do believe in safety and I feel that even minimal QUALITY TRAINING is a great thing and I promote it every chance I get.

If groups where able to work and train as a team in emergencies it would allow for these teams to provide backup as needed keeping the main force doing the actual work knowing they have back up. This would be another form of reserve police and such.

Cons: No state or federal agencies have the funds to keep up with the demand of their full time officers and National Guard now so how would they pay for you or I to train. Training cost money I know because I have spent a bunch and some was worth it some was not. So what then raise taxes?

The reason why it will never happen is the government is already afraid of us having guns, why do you think they want to ban certain guns. It is also the reason DHS came out with the 2009 report worried about prior service folks becoming lone wolf right wing extremist.

Now you want them to train civilian's tactics about moving and shooting that could be used against them, sorry it is not going to happen.

Many folks would love to do it and I would be willing to spend a couple weekends a year doing training but I do not know if I could afford to do more than that.

You're talking ammo, food, travel, mags and tactical gear even if issued old army stuff for gear the rest still cost money. Then if you work weekends are you going to get time off.

Like I said it will never happen.

Although I think patriot has a good idea,remember it isn't about guns but control.
It won't happen because TPTB wouldn't have ANY control in this scenario
How do you double the price of tea when the militia is armed to the gills?
There is only 1 way to restructure this uhh......problem

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads