JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you Draw the Line?

• I support/put up with the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Establishes FFL, defines prohibited persons)

• I do NOT support the Gun Control Act of 1968

• I support/put up with the Ban on Full Auto weapons (as it stands currently with heavy regulation)

• I do NOT support the Ban of Fully Automatic Weapons

• I support or will put up with background checks (As they stand currently)

• I do NOT support background checks

• I support or will put up with mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support any type of regulation on firearms -- Shall Not Infringe means zero regulations

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do currently train twice a month with a local group of guys consisting of firearm instructors and 3 gun competition folks all of us looking to become better shooters, learning situational awareness and street tactics. Once a month my son and I also train as well but more in the realm of canceled carry with a timer and steel and paper targets so yes it could happen but in my mind it will not be sanctioned by any state or federal folks.

Just look at almost every Militia group that has formed in the last 30 years the government has shut them down or portrayed them as bad guys, raciest or extremist so unless something changes they will not sanction any.

So yes you and a group of guys can get together and train and I encourage you and every one to do it if you can afford it. To keep cost down or when ammo is hard to get we have even done low round count practices consisting of 1 shot, mag change, one shot for time or from cover one shot left side one shot right for time and accuracy.

As far as the volunteer army that was a time before National Guard and a standing army and the government will just tell you to just join one of those if you want training.

I am on your side but when you cannot even get the government and media to admit canceled carry folks have stopped crime they are not going to promote Militias.

Imagine if government looked at the 300,000,000 firearms in the U.S. as an opportunity instead of a threat.

Maybe the government should encourage gun ownership, and look at the terrorist threat as an opportunity to organize and train civilian gun owners for a defensive role. It would certainly deter further terrorist attacks.

You have quite an active imagination. :) Your mistake is in looking at it from your point of view. Unfortunately the ruling class looks at it from their point of view, and the last thing they need is armed peons. Anyway the terrorist threat was created by that same ruling class, so the rulers probably are not going to take your advice. Sorry...

You have quite an active imagination. :) Your mistake is in looking at it from your point of view. Unfortunately the ruling class looks at it from their point of view, and the last thing they need is armed peons. Anyway the terrorist threat was created by that same ruling class, so the rulers probably are not going to take your advice. Sorry...
And "IF" they want your opinion they will GIVE it to you:cool:

I won't support any regulations because any compromise will produce laws that won't work and thus THEY will just come back asking for more each time till there is nothing less than a ban.

I can live with UBC and the line at semi-auto v full auto as it is now. But I will never admit that.

What Goosbrown said.

No more "common sense" gun laws. It is time to push the pendulum in the other direction. When I have to go to an Oregon FFL and pay to sell my property, obtained legally, something is wrong. I can sell my car to a 12 year old with no regulations.

Once you have a background check that says you are good to have a firearm, it should not make a difference what or how many you buy/own. Even if you had to go thru the check every other year, it would not really matter, it could be your CCW license that allows you to buy. The government really has no business keeping track of what you buy or sell short of being a dealer....and for that they should be entitled to the taxes involved....

zero, zilch, nada

everything that could possibly harm another person with a firearm is already illegal (with the exception or war of self defense) so what do we need gun laws for? They only impede those who are not inclined to break the law.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a gun nut who would go out fighting if anyone tried to confiscate my gun. Nevertheless it's in the gun community's best interest to make sure criminals and mentally unstable folks don't get guns. I'm all for background checks. I don't mind a little inconvenience. The 2A does not protect us against minor inconveniences. Nor should we want it to. Every time the wrong person gets their hand on a gun, it hurts the gun community and puts our rights at risk. We're the ones who should be fighting FOR gun control. It's all too easy to overlook the two words, "well regulated" in the 2A. And to those who are for no background checks, ponder this. A friend's daughter recently got a restraining order against someone who was clearly mentally unstable and continued to violate court orders, proving they had complete disregard for the law. I don't think anyone in good conscience can say that nut should be allowed to buy a gun. Some might come back with, "he can still buy a gun on the black market." But this is not a criminal type with ties to the criminal world. He was a fairly normal person who went off the deep end and snapped. Just crazy. Not likely to have connections with the crime world. Should he walk into a gun store or contact a private individual to buy a gun, there have to be safeguards that stop him. There are lots of crazy people who have run-ins with the law and are unfit to own a gun who are not the "criminals" we assume skirt the law with ease.

I used to support some of the gun control laws untill I became more in tune with the reality of the laws.

Gun laws only effect law abiding citizens. Those that don't respect the law will not obey the law so who are the laws creating problems for? They slow down law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves.

If I acquired a fully automatic gun I would not be anymore inclined to break the law. I would simply have something I thought was really cool.

To be honest. I kind of liked it when Uncle Sam handed me an M-16 and let me shoot all the ammo I wanted! ;)

Somehow gun control stings more. When you were once entrusted with protecting your countries constitution and people.
But later for no reason. You cant be trusted to do the same. With the same tools?
And maybe not even something close? :s0153:

Did I do something wrong?
For sure, when I was in my early twenties, I was entrusted with all kinds of machine guns, bombs, rockets and guided misles. It was just my job. Now if the gun grabbers had their way, I would need a special permit to buy one round of 22 ammo. I believe I am more mature at 69 than I was at 19, but those idiots don't think so.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top