JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you Draw the Line?

• I support/put up with the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Establishes FFL, defines prohibited persons)

• I do NOT support the Gun Control Act of 1968

• I support/put up with the Ban on Full Auto weapons (as it stands currently with heavy regulation)

• I do NOT support the Ban of Fully Automatic Weapons

• I support or will put up with background checks (As they stand currently)

• I do NOT support background checks

• I support or will put up with mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support mandatory waiting periods

• I do NOT support any type of regulation on firearms -- Shall Not Infringe means zero regulations

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted no regulations, no gun control. We need to repeal the previous gun control laws and go back to a time before mass shootings were more commonplace - a time when you could buy a gun through the mail and have it delivered right to your home - no FFL, no tax stamps, etc. "Gun violence" (I hate that misleading term) seems only to have grown as more and more regulations have been added.

I voted no regulations, no gun control. We need to repeal the previous gun control laws and go back to a time before mass shootings were more commonplace - a time when you could buy a gun through the mail and have it delivered right to your home - no FFL, no tax stamps, etc. "Gun violence" (I hate that misleading term) seems only to have grown as more and more regulations have been added.

As I said earlier I support a law to the extent you can buy a sell to release you from the prior history of that firearm, but to steal from another thread, as the surge of LGBTQX continue to buy and aquire firearms, my personal guarantee is by the end of the year the rhetoric will start to turn.

All of a sudden it will be "WE" need to feel safe. The Dems won't have an answer since they call Orlando a hate crime and not a terrorist attack.

This is a big part of the fight! The Anti's keep changing the buzz words to fit the current agenda. A mass shooting by there own terms is two or more persons shot. How convenient to include stats that do not qualify! It's this and many other misleading tactics that are used to take and take and take some more! Funny how the facts always change when there is an event, a known terrorist launches an attack and its viewed as a hate crime, and the use of a fire arm as an enabler changes the whole context into a tool to be used against the people! I was not there in that club, but some how, as a gun owner, I am held accountable for that act! REPEAL all gun laws and restrictions! SIMPLE! No Compromise, EVER! Take that word and shove it as far as you can up a dark and stinky place right there next to gun control and hope and change!

The NFA act of 1934 was not to make Americans safer. The story we were taught in public schools is that it was due to the deadly gang shootings that occurred during Prohibition. If that were the case it would have happened much earlier than 1934. Instead, it was in response to the second Bonus Veteran Army march on Washington the previous year. It was because the US government feared Word War 1 vets, and what would happen if they not reach a compromise with them over the bonus promised after that war. The bonus wasn't due until the 1940's, but it was the depression and they needed relief.

Does this fear of veterans by the government for not providing what was promised to them sound familiar?

The government only want to fulfill entitlements and other promises when it fits the agenda. The government fears that its citizens will hold them to the US Constitution and to make them accountable for their actions. This is why we had the NFA and all gun control legislation since then.

We need to stop the slide, and we need to turn the momentum and start taking our rights back. If we don't the American Dream is done and we will return to serfdom.

Bonus Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army)

Last Edited:
NOT ONE MORE DAMN INCH!

Ya know, years ago when I first started on my "gun journey," I was in a a pretty easy going, compromising mood. I've learned a lot in these 30+ years. And particularly with what happened in California today. I want my rights back. All of them...as they were intended in the COTUS.

To be honest. I kind of liked it when Uncle Sam handed me an M-16 and let me shoot all the ammo I wanted! ;)

Somehow gun control stings more. When you were once entrusted with protecting your countries constitution and people.
But later for no reason. You cant be trusted to do the same. With the same tools?
And maybe not even something close? :s0153:

Did I do something wrong?
Yes. You now know their tactics, you know what they are trained to do... If you aren't "inside" you are the enemy.

I draw the line at responding to pointless polls about where I draw the line...

...OOPs! Did I just respond to a pointless poll about where I draw the line, by actually not responding to that pointless poll and then commenting on the pointless poll's thread that I don't respond to pointless polls?:confused:

None!
I support controlling criminals!
I support controlling Liberals that want to control me and take my hard earned dollars for their agendas!
I support controlling people who take polls of suspect intent!
I do not participate in "check the box" polls. They never lead to anything good. If you want my opinion, ask me, so if reprinted I can know when I'm taken out of context..

The BGC's are not meant for non-criminals so it doesn't matter if "I've done nothing." It isn't always about Y-O-U! ;)

As to the military, Lee Oswald, William Calley and Robert Bales were in the military, too.

If we don't want dangerous felons to have unlimited access to guns what alternative ideas are there? Let's institute some better way. Let's hear it!

I could be OK with UBC's on one condition: a free-to-use smartphone or Web app that gives an immediate "Proceed/Delay/Deny" with no retention of any records except in a Deny, and nothing that could be used to create backdoor registration. Serial number only to verify to the buyer that the weapon isn't stolen, report of both results sent to both parties by email. AND full Federal preemption that anyone can buy anything anytime anywhere even across state lines.

Needs some details worked out, but the only two things it needs to be taken down to are "Is this a Prohibited Person?" and "Is this a stolen gun?"

I support/put up with the Ban on Full Auto weapons (as it stands currently with heavy regulation)
This is inaccurate. The ban is on private citizens making new FA weapons or buying anything made after May, 1986. It doesn't ban ownership of FA weapons made and registered before the 1986 ban.

Considering the amount of $ I have invested in FA weapons, I have to support the ban. Repealing the ban would cost me more than I care to consider.

If I didn't own any, I would be all in favor of repealing the 1985 FA ban. Then I would make/register my own.

As I said earlier I support a law to the extent you can buy a sell to release you from the prior history of that firearm, but to steal from another thread, as the surge of LGBTQX continue to buy and aquire firearms, my personal guarantee is by the end of the year the rhetoric will start to turn.

All of a sudden it will be "WE" need to feel safe. The Dems won't have an answer since they call Orlando a hate crime and not a terrorist attack.
I think this is the reality that we will see, what the liberals wanted to use against gun owners, I think will come back and bite them square in the butt...

We should embrace the LGBT community, educate them, train them, turn them into efficient self defense units... Those who take responsibility for their own security see the value of the Secind Amendment. They will be vocal to protect their nee found self protection rights!

Edited to correct spelling

Id be more supportive of "common sense" laws if gun control didn't have a history of targeting law abiding citizens, so far the only people affected by such laws are us, not the criminals. From a philosophical point of view I'll argue that any gun control doesn't work so I should vote to say repeal them all but really I'd be supportive of any gun laws directed at convicted persons, for example there is no reason we cant have a background check system that didn't include the make model and serial number, many models for such legislation have been proposed and shot down by gun control proponents so as long as they are not willing to "compromise" and continue to work to remove my rights I'll take the repeal them all approach.

To be honest. I kind of liked it when Uncle Sam handed me an M-16 and let me shoot all the ammo I wanted! ;)

Somehow gun control stings more. When you were once entrusted with protecting your countries constitution and people.
But later for no reason. You cant be trusted to do the same. With the same tools?
And maybe not even something close? :s0153:

Did I do something wrong?

You nailed it Medic. People treat vets like the plague now in many cases. Even the state of WA held back or didn't even hire vets to be troopers. Politics are now used to deny highly qualified people jobs...or if your white, your race will disqualify you in the search for more "diversity". Yes, it is a sad state of the nation we live in. They see vets as criminals or soon to be criminals just like Gov. Moonbeam just at the stroke of a pen made 10s of thousands of Californians "felons".

Brutus Out

Last Edited:
Listen, previous generations have surrendered many righs, we surrendered many as a result of 9/11. Honestly, both parties are guilty of infringing our Constitutional Rights. The problem is now, we have a situation where criminals have more rights, more representation and more protection then their victims.

We've become a nation of litigation. The career criminal who breaks into your house at 2:00 am, you shoot and wound him inself defense, can then sue you for shooting him. Nit to mention the criminal charges you will most likely face in most jurisdictions.... The while system is broken and upside down.

Criminals need to be punished and punished decisively. No more slaps on the wrist. Mandatory restitution to the victim and their family/estate should be the rule.

Criminals coddled by the liberal politicians has gotten us what we are now. Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, the list goes on and on. Cities under liberal control for decades, with the strictest gun controls in the nation, with the highest incidence of "gun violence"... Even though its really gang violence.

When will this administration begin prosecuting gang bangers for federal firearms violations? I realize thats a pipe dream.

We, the honest gun owners need to adopt the liberals tactics and overwhelm them with protests, shouting and shutting down rush hour traffic.

Next week the House leadership is going to roll over and have its collective belly scratched by the liberals. Be sure of it, more gun control is coming. Easier to punish the general public then to have the protesting liberals removed from the House floor...

I'm usually an optimist, but things don't look good. They simply might not understand anything short of a physical confrontation...

"If we don't want dangerous felons to have unlimited access to guns what alternative ideas are there? Let's institute some better way. Let's hear it!"

1- stop preventing non-dangerous, non-felons from the free excercise of their 2nd ammendment rights.
2- learn to accept and understand that there will always be those among us that will kill by whatever means they can use, and prey upon the weak and un-aware.
3- if terror attacks can be counted as "workplace violence", drug dealers killing drug dealers or criminals shooting criminals can be as well...instant 50% drop in gun violence.
4- increase Gov budgets to pay for a huge increase of unicorn flyovers, farting happiness and calm thoughts over our urban war zones.

I got a "Naughty Boy" reprimand along with the applicable negative points under rule #1 for my earlier post on this thread . . . My apologies to one-and-all!
I'll be careful to be more ambiguous in the future!

Sheldon

The easiest way to solve this:

Every state has a criminal list. Put people on that list, when you go to buy a gun if your name is on that list.. you don't get to buy. If your name isn't on that list.. hand over and see you later.

We don't need to vette the law abiding citizens. Believe me, the states know who the felons are, who the abusers, child molesters and the like. They are on a list. That list is what should be used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top