Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What Level of Gun Control or Gun Regulation Do you Support?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Osarion, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Osarion

Osarion Snohomish County, WA Well-Known Member

Basically just trying to get a sense for where people draw the line. Multiple answers are allowed. Answers are kept private but discussion is welcome.

Left out the obvious stuff like mag restrictions, AWB, owner database and other such nonsense. Also no more room for more options.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Sometimes at the range I like a sand bag. :cool:

decklin, robertg, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  3. transittech

transittech PDX Well-Known Member

I suport background checks for gun purchases, even though we all know it doesn't really slow down felons. Basically throwing the left a bone.
    But I don't feel the form should include the make, model and serial number. I do not support registration.

robertg, nammac, Koda and 2 others like this.
  4. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I won't support any regulations because any compromise will produce laws that won't work and thus THEY will just come back asking for more each time till there is nothing less than a ban.

I can live with UBC and the line at semi-auto v full auto as it is now. But I will never admit that.

Rich, Koda and Sstrand like this.
  5. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

When it comes to gun laws, I support honesty from lawmakers and enforcement agencies.
    But I'm not seeing much of that lately, so my support for their efforts is dwindling.

best defense and transittech like this.
  6. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why support any type of gun controls when criminals will not comply ?

7. nwslopoke

nwslopoke forest grove Well-Known Member

I'm fine with UBC because if I sell a gun or buy a gun I want it to have a clear history. Beyond that there's no need for any limitations.

JRuby likes this.
  8. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

I'm against gun control as a whole. I have a certain line I'll draw, but safe to say its a pretty thin line. A citizen shouldn't have to pay an extra $200 for a SBR or suppressor. Nor should they have to pay a lot of money, in addition to an extra $200, for an automatic made and registered before 1986.

ekimnelo, campwilde, Slobray and 4 others like this.
  9. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    Patrick Henry

10. jackrv

jackrv Wood Village, Oregon Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

As I voted:
    I do NOT support any type of regulation on firearms -- Shall Not Infringe means zero regulation.

Jack

11. Boats

Boats Flicking A Switch To Open My Third Eye Well-Known Member

I'd repeal most every gun control law ever written if I could.

Restrictions on ownership and possession by incarcerated individuals, minors, impaired addicts of all stripes, and adjudicated crazies are about the only ones I'd keep.

I'd also keep conduct crimes like brandishing, menacing, and the like for those that just have to bubblegum it for everybody.

The law abiding should have free rein to own and bear whatever they want to.

Dick Selby, campwilde, evltwn and 3 others like this.
  12. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

I do not support anymore gun control, not one more inch. You give an inch, they will take it all. If they get a majority in nov., they will have a big gun control orgy just like in the kommiefornia,,,:mad:

Especially if the lying criminal Heil Hitlary is somehow elected,,,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  13. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Amazing how much support for gun control, there is on this forum.

I take the same position as L. Neil Smith:
    Why Did it Have to be ... Guns?, by L. Neil Smith (http://www.lneilsmith.org/whyguns.html)

ekimnelo, Slobray, nammac and 2 others like this.
  14. Nocaster

Nocaster Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

15. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Shall - Auxilary verb: must; is or are obliged to
    Not - Adverb: used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition
    Be - Verb: to take place; happen; occur
    Infringed - Verb: to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress

Since the US Constitution is the highest law of the land, and as the first ten amendments are inalienable rights afforded to all people by their Creator, the Second Amendment among them my opinion is to take it literally as written.

"Gun violence" is curbed the following ways among others:
    • Holding people accountable to their actions
    • No restrictions on where and how people can defend themselves
    • Firearms education and training

16. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 North Idaho Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I voted No on all of them repeal them all.

I have nothing to hide, I was in two branches of the military, I have a concealed carry permits in two states and had my FFL for 7 years so I have had many security background checks and gun purchase background checks.

I as an honest person jump through hoops to prove I am a good guy so now tell me how myself and the rest us of going through all this has stopped one mad man. How has it stopped any of the mass murders or murder in general. The last couple guys had the same background check you do and passed, they stopped nothing.

Chicago had 70 murders last month alone and around 300 so far this year almost all gang related by folks who cannot own guns. Have all of us jumping through hoops slowed gun sales to bad guys down, well not in Chicago?

I look at France, Brussels and other countries where gun laws are very strict and many in the US want to put in those same types of gun laws here and yet it stopped nothing there. They used full auto and explosives.

Most countries have a lower crime rate with guns not because of the gun but because of their culture look at Japan same crime rate they just use knifes as that has been their culture forever. There are guns in Japan both legal and illegal but they use knifes.

I have lived through a lot of changes in the gun world like the Assault weapons ban in 94 that changed nothing, the importation ban in 94 that stopped nothing, the 86 machine gun restriction that stopped nothing so in my mind NO MORE REPEAL ALL OF IT.

I play the legal game because it is what I have to do to enjoy shooting, hunting and to be able to protect myself, my family and if needed my city, county, state and country!

But I personally feel is an infringement on my rights.

17. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

...shall not be infringed.

The line was for the government, not the people.

Evil is in the heart, not an inanimate object.

Repeal everything.

18. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Proper gun controls should only be the basic safety rules
    Like dont point your gun at folks that don't need shooting
    Keep you finger off the trigger
    That sand bag one above,or a stand if you like
    Maybe shooting sticks?
    I don't need to go on.

19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

When the ink was barely dry on the bill of rights, some folks were all ready looking at ways around it! Shall Not Be Infringed!!! Time has come to uninfringe it!

20. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

To be honest. I kind of liked it when Uncle Sam handed me an M-16 and let me shoot all the ammo I wanted! ;)

Somehow gun control stings more. When you were once entrusted with protecting your countries constitution and people.
    But later for no reason. You cant be trusted to do the same. With the same tools?
    And maybe not even something close? :s0153:

Did I do something wrong?