JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Despite almost universal coverage saying that evil AK-47 Assault Weapons were used in the Paris attacks today, I've seen two eyewitness reports where the witnesses insisted that pump action shotguns were used by the terrorists.

What do you think is up with this? Could the liberal US media be rushing to blame so-called "assault rifles"?

Economist columnist Jeremy Cliffe tweeted about the concert hall attack: "some escaped, describing pools of blood and attackers using pump-action shotguns against the crowd inside."

Radio France has also quoted a man at the concert hall saying that the attackers used shotguns.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/1...shootout-and-explosion-in-paris/?intcmp=hpbt1

Despite almost universal coverage saying that evil AK-47 Assault Weapons were used in the Paris attacks today, I've seen two eyewitness reports where the witnesses insisted that pump action shotguns were used by the terrorists.

What do you think is up with this? Could the liberal US media be rushing to blame so-called "assault rifles"?

Economist columnist Jeremy Cliffe tweeted about the concert hall attack: "some escaped, describing pools of blood and attackers using pump-action shotguns against the crowd inside."

Radio France has also quoted a man at the concert hall saying that the attackers used shotguns.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/1...shootout-and-explosion-in-paris/?intcmp=hpbt1

The final death toll isn't even in yet man. Maybe wait a day or two to pass and actual facts to be relayed before conspiracy mongering?

Just reporting that there are some discrepancies in the reports.

I would think that the average person, even in France, could tell the difference between a AK-47 and a shotgun.

This point could also be evidence as to whether this was a "homegrown" group, or whether they had international ties and received logistical support from outside France. AK-47's have been in the banned Class A firearms group in France forever. Pump action shotguns used to be readily available as Class C firearms in France, until 1995, when they were reclassified to the more dangerous Class B. Class B requires a much more difficult to get permit, which also has to be renewed every 3 years. In contrast, Class C firearms only require a single registration fee, which is good for life.

If indeed it turns out that pump action shotguns were involved at all in these attacks, it could result in them being reclassified to Class A by the French government.

Can it be both? Sounds like there were more than one individual involved. Both BBC and Fox reported shotguns being used in the concert hall from the beginning.

Guys, stop trying to be logical. This is clearly a product of a liberal agenda and their efforts to push gun control in the US. Either put on your tin foil hats, shake your pitchforks and light your torches, or get out of the way.

:s0097:

Can it be both? Sounds like there were more than one individual involved. Both BBC and Fox reported shotguns being used in the concert hall from the beginning.

Perhaps that is indeed the case. They may not have been able to procure enough AK-47's for everyone.

But the vast majority of reporting that I am seeing is only mentioning the AK-47, and nothing else.

Not trying to be disrespectful or callous to the events of yesterday in Paris. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. However this simple guide for News identification of firearms might help to explain some of the confusion.

Firearm ID Poster.jpg

Well, I think that an important lesson to be learned from gun control in Europe is that the anti-gun folks will not stop with banning so-called Assault rifles. They will just continue to label more and more types of firearms to be inappropriate for private ownership.

Them using AK-47s does not promote the gun control agenda, but rather conflicts with it.. COnsidering "Assault Weapons" are banned in France and most of Europe, how could they have possibly acquired such guns with all that "Gun Control". Considering, the open borders and large criminal networks in Europe, smuggling in AK-47s would hardly be a challenging job. Considering the black market for firearms on Europe and the massive amount of illegal immigration, AK-47s are probably just the beginning of what these organized terrorist networks can bring into the country.

If anything, their use of AK-47s only goes to prove the point that Gun Control only works at controlling law abiding citizens and turning them into helpless sheep to be slaughtered by heavily armed criminals.

Personally, I am more worried about them smuggling in a suitcase or small nuclear armed explosive device. Considering, every Islamic country now is striving to go nuclear and they have large numbers of terrorists pouring through open borders, the least of our worries should be AK-47s. With Europe's open immigration policy and negligible border enforcement, suicide bombings, mass shootings and carnage will become a new occurrence. Basically, the way people live in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria will become the way that EUropeans will soon live (or already starting to live). It's going to get worse and worse. They have brought their culture and lifestyle to their new home in Europe.

Oh, by the way, what classification were the suicide bomb belts and grenades they used? Do you think France may reclassify explosive belt devices and grenades as Class A+ now? o_O

I just watched the video of the women hanging out the window, who incidentally appear to have survived. Gunfire is heard but it is not rapid fire. One shot at a time, spaced a second or so apart. Does not sound like auto or even semi auto. It seems like someone with an AK would not go "bang"......"bang". An AK would be strings of multiple shots. What I heard would suggest a shotgun.

This is from the club where most of the fatalaties happened, 119 or so. A couple people being dragged away on the ground probably didn't survive judging from blood loss.

The bullet holes at the two restaurants do look like machine gun fire, random multiple shots clustered close together.

My prayers to the victims and families of this atrocity.

Last Edited:
gun free zones once again prove to be easy targets for a free for all. its simple to see. i guess its easier to be ignorant if because of this people push for more gun control.

Link? Not that I am doubting you but I have family over there and am reading all I can.

I feel Europe is or will soon be at war and I am trying to get my 92 year old grandma out of there.

Link? Not that I am doubting you but I have family over there and am reading all I can.

I feel Europe is or will soon be at war and I am trying to get my 92 year old grandma out of there.

Watched CNN interview from one survivor who had direct and close view of the terrorists and reported all of them carrying AK-47 rifles and said when they stopped firing and took time to reload is when he made his escape.

Sadly, there is enough people with wounds from the weapons used and we will get an official confirmation of what weapons and rounds were used. It will be hard to fabricate the weapons/ammo used when over 125 people were killed and 300+ were wounded.

Yeah, I guess the shot pattern in that video could be because they were only shooting when they found a target.

Two of them confirmed Syrian "refugees".

My grandma noticed that the "refugees" they were picking up from the boats from Syria had a disproportionate number of 20-25 year old (fighting age) men.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top