JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I pulled these out of some old reloads I got from a trade. They are 180 grain .308 and the tip is metal. or at least not plastic. any Info would be great.

Thanks

.308 180 gr..jpg

They look like Remingtons to me.

I pulled these from some RP cases as well as a few others of diffrent types. I just asumed Reloads not knowing the history of the load , and not recognizing the bullet. Are these a desent hunting round. They look like they will work fairly well in my 30-40. It likes nice long bullets.

I only have about 10 of them. I think I will put one through a foot of wet phone books and see what happens. Its not the most scientific way but it gives a little data as long as it doesnt blow through.

I only have about 10 of them. I think I will put one through a foot of wet phone books and see what happens. Its not the most scientific way but it gives a little data as long as it doesnt blow through.

If you can get any separation between those phone books it will help it to not blow through. I use that closed cell blue stuff they sell for sleeping mats. Just as two 1/8" sheets of mild steel gives better armor than one 1/4" sheet, every impact causes more expansion and slows the bullet. If the phone books are just bound together tightly, there's only one impact and the "drilling."

If you can get any separation between those phone books it will help it to not blow through. I use that closed cell blue stuff they sell for sleeping mats. Just as two 1/8" sheets of mild steel gives better armor than one 1/4" sheet, every impact causes more expansion and slows the bullet. If the phone books are just bound together tightly, there's only one impact and the "drilling."

Thanks, I never thought about that. Im more excited to try it now.

Those old remmy bronze points were awesome in their day, the bronze point was kinda've the "ballistic tip" of the 70's and 80's. I still have a bunch of them I found in the second hand bin at the reloading store, I think mine are 150's though. Be sure to take some pics when you test those things out. I am interested to see how they perform.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top