JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Make this horrible ad go away?

• Yes

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
IMG_0885.JPG

I hadn't seen that ad pop up. I know that ads are served based on other websites you visit, so I gotta ask.......What other websites are you visiting?????:p

A friend of the wife just traded her S&W .38 wheel gun for a new M2.0 Shield. She called and asked if I would coat it in pink or cammo pink-"Whichever you think would look better."
I told her that FDE and Black look much better, but I'm ordering DuraCoat in pepto pink this morning..

Last Edited:
On a more serious note...
When seeing a gun that is not in a "traditional" color scheme , like blued , stainless , parkerized etc..
I have to almost remind myself that it is a real gun.
The fanciful colors or wild "paint jobs" I see on some guns reminds too much of a toy gun.
I don't really care for them ... Not saying that no one should get one .. Just that I do not like them.

Luckily I will always:
Check to see if the any gun is loaded ... as soon as I pick it up...
Keep my finger of the trigger...
And keep the gun's muzzle pointing in a safe direction...
No matter the color or paint scheme a gun has.
Andy

That reminded me of a story I read in one of the gun rags long ago. Guy had an old .38 for home. Wanted something to get the most. This was long before the days of the better ammo. So he rolled HBWC upside down. Something I have seen make a come back now and then since. So rounds were almost flush with the case. Party at home one day. He sees drunk guest walking out of his room with gun in hand. He tackles guy. Drunk says he used to work on a movie set and recognized blanks when he saw them. Was just going to go out to the pool and fire a few at the girls there to scare them. The guy said he took to locking his gun up when company came over after that close call.

On a more serious note...
When seeing a gun that is not in a "traditional" color scheme , like blued , stainless , parkerized etc..
I have to almost remind myself that it is a real gun.
The fanciful colors or wild "paint jobs" I see on some guns reminds too much of a toy gun.
I don't really care for them ... Not saying that no one should get one .. Just that I do not like them.

Luckily I will always:
Check to see if the any gun is loaded ... as soon as I pick it up...
Keep my finger of the trigger...
And keep the gun's muzzle pointing in a safe direction...
No matter the color or paint scheme a gun has.
Andy
That being said, I wouldn't want to get shot by any of them. If i did though it would just make it that more humiliating and I'm sure that I would have deserved it. Lol.

Yeah, some of these ads are obnoxious. And cumbersome.

By that, I mean there are times when my laptop is barely responsive here on NWFA, rendering the site useless. It gets sluggish, failing to create whole words as I type (and I'm not fast at all). Happens most often when there are big (Cabela's) ads blocking large portions of the page, or even smaller ads with moving gifs or multiple changing pictures. Small ads that hold still seem to be the least annoying.

I understand that ads keep the Internet alive everywhere, including here at NWFA. But there comes a point when they bog a computer (browser?) down so much as to defeat the purpose of logging on to type something profound in the first place.

Last Edited:
What's crazy is that they must think there is a market for this - or they wouldn't be advertising it in the first place. I'd really be curious to know who they think that market is.
Do you really wanna know? Or do ya already know and just don't want to think about it?

Cause obviously its the same folk who get leopard print you know whats. o_O

I'm surprised to see Walther jumping on board with the girly gun finishes. I noticed Ruger was doing it with the LCP and the SR-22 and thought it was reasonable marketing for a possible purse gun. I think that the gun companies are aware that women and men are showing more interest in each-other's hobbies/interests and that women tend to aesthetically view things in a less utilitarian way. Gay people are also starting to see the world through defensive eyes and think this is great because gun ownership tends to shift people toward individual thought and away from the toxic collective perspective that many if not most millennials are falling for. That said, I'll never buy a leopard print gun and my wife love's animal print clothes but thinks the guns are stupid too. I do think that once the progressives actually go in a gun store and see these that they will wage war on them due to the toy-child-fun appeal that they have and oddly I agree that they do pose a threat to dumb parents who would leave a gun laying around but that's an issue regardless of color or finish.
I've also seen the Desert Eagle guns in some rap music videos and a TV show I really like called "Black Jesus." I think that some of these guns will inevitably show up in Hollywood gun lockers for many reasons. Btw, Black Jesus is a really great show written by the guy who writes the Boondocks comics if anyone is looking for some laughs.

In closing, all guns are great as long as they are being carried, stored, and shot responsibly. Goodness, I'm turning into my dad.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads