Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is the M&P model 209204?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by ablaut, May 10, 2011.

1. ablaut

ablaut Salem(ish), OR Member

I went searching for an M&P 9c this evening and came up dry. However, the shop owner said he could get me a model #209204 within a couple of days. What model is this?

It seems to either be discontinued or unavailable (S&W catalog (see pg 15/16). Any guesses?

I'm just looking for the basic 9c model with no thumb safety. I have no opinion (yet) on the mag safety.

2. jakk586

jakk586 Astoria, Or Active Member

3. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

I wouldn't get the version with the magazine safety or thumb safety

4. ablaut

Yep, you're right. It's the version with the mag safety. I think I'll pass on that. Thanks!

5. Browning55

Browning55 Seattle-Everett Area Active Member

Although the mag safety isn't necessarily a fatal flaw - plenty of discussions on NFA about disconnecting (removing) the mag safety if you're able to do it.

6. ablaut

Well, it seems that all the Portland, Salem, and Corvallis area shops have none on hand...even the model with the mag safety. I'll exercise a little more patience and see if a new stock comes rolling in within the next few weeks. Heck, I've been "researching" for 5+ months, what's a fee more weeks? :)

And if it becomes too hard to wait, I'll consider the 209204.