JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger has always taken care of me to my full satisfaction the two or three times I brought up a warranty issue. On some I was the original purchaser, for others I was not. They never asked if I was the original purchaser. So I have no qualms about Ruger backing their products.

Not discounting the valuable advice OldBroad44 shared, simply sharing my experience.

@OldBroad44 , Ruger has never supplied a written warranty. Ever. In the book on Bill Ruger I read that, but I can't remember the reasoning. If I think about it later I'll dig out the book and see what I can find.
They have also always warrantied their guns.

@OldBroad44 , Ruger has never supplied a written warranty. Ever. In the book on Bill Ruger I read that, but I can't remember the reasoning. If I think about it later I'll dig out the book and see what I can find.
They have also always warrantied their guns.
Hello @orygun --
Everything sold in the USA is covered by a minimal warranty as provided for by American law, whether the manufacturer provides a written warranty or says anything about it, that is, has an "express" waranty. But its for a minimal time, and to the original buyer only. And you may need a sales receipt. The issue is whether a seller wants to provide a more extensive warranty to show customers their faith in the product. Assuming they actually honor their warranty, the more extended warranties for the life of the original buyer, for example, indicate that the guns almost always arrive fully functional and only very rarely ever break except through abuse or misuse. Otherwise that sort of warranty would be too costly for the manufacturer.

I've had three Rugers I bought new in the past--two Security Sixes in snubby and 6" and one Redhawk .44 mag--and I don't remember whether there was a written warranty. Never had anything break with a Ruger. However, with my Securities I had to replace the springs to get a trigger pull more satisfactory to me. As for my current Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag 9.5"--bought used and named, appropriately "Thumper"--I think I could do pretty well defending myself with him without ammo. The gun looks and feels indestructible.

FWIW, from Rugers "Mark I" instruction manual.
1705040149407.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads