JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to get my first ever Glock conversion barrel I have a few questions what is the best brand kkm, lone Wolf , storm lake ? My second question is regular or flutes barrels better? Thanks guys

"Best" is quite subjective. I've had good luck with Lone Wolf and Zev. As far as flutes? Up to you, makes no real difference.

I've used Lone Wolf and Storm Lake with 100% reliability and good accuracy. Can't compare to others since I haven't used them. When I bought them they were the "best" for my bank account.

I've ran lonewolf and storm lake. They both functioned fine. Zev and KKM makes good barrels as well. Personally not a fan of conversion barrels but I've used them in a Glock 35 .40cal to shoot 9mm. Ended up selling the G35 and just bought a G34 after I blew through the .40 Ammo I had.

I have had a Lone Wolf for my G35 for several years now. It's threaded and fluted. Did not care about the fluting (and still don't, lol!). Works flawlessly with factory and my 147 grain copper plated reloads. Not so much with my 124 grain lead. I suspect a chamber a little on the tight side.

Meets my needs though. I'm happy with it.

No experience with anything else.

WMB

KKM
Jarvis
Bar-Sto

Everything else is CRAP!!
Those are good brands.
However, I wouldn't say that everything else is crap.
Lone Wolf has good moments and they've laid a few eggs.
Recent Storm Lake has gotten some less than glowing reviews.

KKM stopped doing G21 --> 10mm barrels because of reliability issues.
I'd say that if KKM makes it, it will work. You may have to call and get on the build list.
Good people running that outfit.

I have a Glock 20 SF and I really enjoy the Glock 20 but finding 10mm ammo that is reasonably priced is hard! I want to practice with it but with 10mm ammo priced high instead of selling the whole gun. I would rather throw in a conversion barrel so I can shoot .40 out of it! I have heard you can shoot .40 out of a 10mm barrel but I'd rather not risk messing up my gun. I don't mind coughing up $150 for a conversion barrel if I'm going to be shooting .40 out of my G20 half the time. Looks like I'm going to try and find a Lone Wolf barrel or KKM. Thank you everybody!

I have a Glock 20 SF and I really enjoy the Glock 20 but finding 10mm ammo that is reasonably priced is hard! I want to practice with it but with 10mm ammo priced high instead of selling the whole gun. I would rather throw in a conversion barrel so I can shoot .40 out of it! I have heard you can shoot .40 out of a 10mm barrel but I'd rather not risk messing up my gun. I don't mind coughing up $150 for a conversion barrel if I'm going to be shooting .40 out of my G20 half the time. Looks like I'm going to try and find a Lone Wolf barrel or KKM. Thank you everybody!
By the time you get done monkeying with a conversion barrel your getting close to halfway into a police trade-in.
And you'll have the correct frame for .40
GTD is one of the largest Glock dealers in the US

By the time you get done monkeying with a conversion barrel your getting close to halfway into a police trade-in.
And you'll have the correct frame for .40
GTD is one of the largest Glock dealers in the US
I hear what your saying but the G22 is not the same as a G20 otherwise I would have just bought a G22 . I have a G23 so buying another .40 caliber gun doesn't make sense if I can swap in a a conversion barrel then have a 10mm Glock when I go into the woods.

I hear what your saying but the G22 is not the same as a G20 otherwise I would have just bought a G22 . I have a G23 so buying another .40 caliber gun doesn't make sense if I can swap in a a conversion barrel then have a 10mm Glock when I go into the woods.
I don't see the logic then, if you already have a .40
Seems to me that you need a 9 to round out the stable.

I have a Glock 19 as well. I like to carry a 10mm sometimes but I do not always have the money to drop on 10mm ammo. When or if you can find 10mm it is $29-35+ for a 50 round box.. where . 40 S&w Is $23 box of 50. I love everything about the G20 but if I'm going to shoot 180 grain 10mm for that much I might as well shoot 180 grain .40 and get some cheaper training in. I can't shoot what I don't have and or can't find hence .40 conversion barrel makes the most sense. I just wanted to make sure the brands I listed were at least somewhat trusted within the gun community.
I don't see the logic then, if you already have a .40
Seems to me that you need a 9 to round out the stable.

The only aftermarket barrels for Glock I have used are Storm Lake stainless steel, non fluted G17 length, drop in fit. I used it to shoot some RNL 9mm loads I had that were given to me. This was at least 10 years ago and I haven't had any issues with my SL barrel.
I was going to get a .40 conversion barrel from Storm Lake for my G32 in .357 Sig, but that got canned when my G32 got stolen several years ago. There are other great barrel makers out there, not just Storm Lake. Lone Wolf are what my neighbor uses and he likes them just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top