JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is that square thing (near the front sight) attached to the M4? Also, while I'm asking dumb questions what is that attachment the soldiers have on their helmets?

I'll attach a photo.

Thanks! image.jpg

The attachment on the front of the helmet is what you'd call a "rhino mount"; I can't remember the technical name, but its meant for attaching a swing arm which is then attached to the above mentioned Night Optical Devices (AKA, "NODs") so that you can always have a set of NOD's attached to your brain bucket.

And take it from me, having an awkward, heavy set of NODs hanging off the front of your K-pot is an uncomfortable and aggravating experience.

The attachment on the front of the helmet is what you'd call a "rhino mount"; I can't remember the technical name, but its meant for attaching a swing arm which is then attached to the above mentioned Night Optical Devices (AKA, "NODs") so that you can always have a set of NOD's attached to your brain bucket.
Very close. The thing on the helmet is a nods plate. The rhino mount is what attaches to the plate and then the j-arm attaches to the rhino mount. Then the nods go on the j-arm.
100% correct about them being awkward though. Amazing what a rubber band around the j-arm and nods body can do to fix the alignment issues, though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top