JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So being so far several have said Tapcos suck, why exactly do they , is a fitting issues, a feed issue ?
I have used Tapco stuff on other items with average success not the Ak-47 however.

So being so far several have said Tapcos suck, why exactly do they , is a fitting issues, a feed issue ?
I have used Tapco stuff on other items with average success not the Ak-47 however.
So, they work which is great.
But, Ive left some loaded for a time, and while it doesnt seperate the feed lips per say, the will crack immidiatly upon impact of you drop a fully loaded or partially loaded mag. Sometime the feed lip itself, other times down the top of the spine right above the rear lug.. Which I didnt mind.. But overtime if left loaded it gets wider and cracks aroubd the lug, then under pressure some rounds just start popping out.. Especially when inserted in the rifle during live fire.

BUT, for $5-10 they arent half bad training mags. I dont think Id file down the rear lug.. Some guys have (myself included) and that extra girth is needed to maintain the polymers structural integrity.. They usually snap right off after a fer heavy range session.

For cost, Id go with tapco
(if they fit your particular AK(s) without modification) but if they were too bulky to fit, Id just opt for Pmags.. However with surplus being cheap (for the moment) Id go with that.

Sure, they have a warranty.. But how many mags will it take until you have a box worth shipping? Most guys just buy in bulk, break them, salvage then toss the rest.

In MY AK the Tapco mags are always a mega tight fit and have be to sanded down. Surplus steel, goes right in.

Last Edited:
Commbloc steel surplus all the way, or Circle 10 bulgy polymer, because of the metal reenforcement...all others are range mags at best....would not trust my life to one.

My $0.02 after 20 years of AK ownership.

Most of what I have for the AK's is
Master Molder ( also known Thermolds "thermelt")
They have never given me any issues so far. Live drills etc, no jams no filing these. I grabbed a few of those 6.00 Tapcos to try out for plinking.

The MasterMolders are like these, apparently they make a 48 and a 20 as well.
2407621_01_master_molder_ak_47_30_rnd_mag_640.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads