JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have the XD-E 9mm? Is it really 1" wide overall? I do really like the H&K p30, how does it compare to the XD-E in your opinion?
Much wider, I had one, I was honestly expecting better for an H&K pistol accuracy wise from the P30.
It is a comfy gun but its wider than a Glock 19 and in my experience I couldn't shoot it as well as I can shoot most other 9mms.(including my H&K VP70Z with a long and heavy trigger pull) My dream subcompact is a SIG 938 with a 3.5-4" barrel and a frame that takes P365 magazines. That or Da/Sa with 3.5 - 4 barrel short grip and takes 10 or 11 round mags while being 1.2" in width at the widest point.

Hey there,

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on what I'd like to carry, but can't because I'm unaware if it exists. I'm a big fan of Springfield Armory handguns, I have 2 already, and will likely have more down the road. What I want is basically the XD-E but in the size and magazine capacity of the Hellcat. So you don't all have to go to the website I posted the comparison.

My reasoning is I prefer not to carry a striker fired handgun "locked and loaded". I'm just not comfortable doing it, so I won't. I would carry a hammer fired double action with a round in the chamber and fire the first round double action. This is also how I keep my Beretta setup next to my bed.

Since Springfield won't answer my requests to make said handgun I guess I have to carry the XD-E the way it is, or find something else that is similar, maybe with magazine capacity closer to the Hellcat? Is the reason for the increased size of the XD-E because of the hammer mechanism? Does anyone have any suggested alternatives that meet my requirements better than the XD-E?

Hellcat XD-E
Caliber9mm9mm
Color Black Black
Length 6" 6.75"
Height 4" w/ Flush Mag, 4.5" w/ Extended Mag 5" w/ Flush Mag, 5.25" w/ Extended Mag
Weight 18.3 oz w/ Flush Mag, 18.6 oz w/ Extended Mag 24.8 oz w/ Flush Mag, 25.6 oz w/ Extended Mag
Barrel 3" Hammer Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish, 1:10 3.3" Hammer Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish, 1:10
Magazines (1) 11-Round, (1) 13-Round Extended (1) 8-Round, (1) 9-Round Extended
MSRP $569 $542
Your specs for the XD-E sound a lot like the Kahr K9.
Not sure how close they are in price.
....ever consider the Kahr?

Dean

Your specs for the XD-E sound a lot like the Kahr K9.
Not sure how close they are in price.
....ever consider the Kahr?

Dean
The Kahr is also a single stack of I think 7-8 rounds. Not sure how your experience goes but I had a Kahr CW9 and loose magazines like to shed rounds. I'd put a spare in my pocket and when I'd pull it out, it'd be short 2-3 rounds.

Glock Perfection.

The District paid just over $1 million for 4,300 Glocks.
The decision was immediately controversial. Dissenting voices were beginning to be heard about "Glock Perfection." Perhaps the most significant criticism came from the FBI. The FBI Academy's firearms training unit tested various semiautomatic handguns and in a 1988 report gave the Glock low marks for safety. The report cited the weapon's "high potential for unintentional shots."
Unintentional shots would turn out to be a disquieting byproduct of Glock's unique design, according to many experts and to lawsuits filed against Glock in the last decade. Even though the Glock does not have an external manual safety, it incorporates three internal safeties intended to prevent the gun from discharging if dropped or jostled. A unique feature of the Glock is that a shooter disengages all three safeties at once by pulling the trigger.
"You can't blame the Glock for accidental discharges," said former police chief Isaac Fulwood Jr., who took over the force a few months after the District switched to Glocks. "The gun doesn't accidentally shoot. The officer has got to pull the trigger."
But officers found it difficult in tense street situations to keep their fingers off the triggers of their Glocks.
"When they feel in danger or they feel that somebody is in danger and they're really going to use that weapon, they'll put their finger on the trigger," Detective Ron Robertson, former head of the D.C. police union, said in a deposition in July. "It's kind of hard to keep the finger out of there."
D.C. police are trained to carry their Glocks in the "street-load mode" – with a round in the chamber ready to fire when the trigger is pulled. A Glock has an innovative "trigger safety" – a sort of trigger-within-a-trigger that makes it virtually impossible for the Glock to go off unless the trigger is pulled. But officers in stressful situations might begin the process of squeezing the trigger safety in order to be primed to fire, several firearms experts said.

Taken from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/dcpolice/deadlyforce/police4page2.htm

Rrrright.....
This_is_my_SAFETY.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS...........a quick Google search and it's revealed......
What gun has the most accidental discharges?

Glock 19

If you mean in general, which handgun has been present during the most unintentional discharges, the answer is PROBABLY the Glock 19 since I believe it is the best selling handgun in the world, but that's just a sheer volume question. There are more of them out there so by default, it's the most common model involved.

LOL.

Disclaimer Alert. I'm NOT what one might call, "A Glock Fan Boy". But, I did at one time, own one.

Last Edited:
Glock Perfection.

The District paid just over $1 million for 4,300 Glocks.
The decision was immediately controversial. Dissenting voices were beginning to be heard about "Glock Perfection." Perhaps the most significant criticism came from the FBI. The FBI Academy's firearms training unit tested various semiautomatic handguns and in a 1988 report gave the Glock low marks for safety. The report cited the weapon's "high potential for unintentional shots."
Unintentional shots would turn out to be a disquieting byproduct of Glock's unique design, according to many experts and to lawsuits filed against Glock in the last decade. Even though the Glock does not have an external manual safety, it incorporates three internal safeties intended to prevent the gun from discharging if dropped or jostled. A unique feature of the Glock is that a shooter disengages all three safeties at once by pulling the trigger.
"You can't blame the Glock for accidental discharges," said former police chief Isaac Fulwood Jr., who took over the force a few months after the District switched to Glocks. "The gun doesn't accidentally shoot. The officer has got to pull the trigger."
But officers found it difficult in tense street situations to keep their fingers off the triggers of their Glocks.
"When they feel in danger or they feel that somebody is in danger and they're really going to use that weapon, they'll put their finger on the trigger," Detective Ron Robertson, former head of the D.C. police union, said in a deposition in July. "It's kind of hard to keep the finger out of there."
D.C. police are trained to carry their Glocks in the "street-load mode" – with a round in the chamber ready to fire when the trigger is pulled. A Glock has an innovative "trigger safety" – a sort of trigger-within-a-trigger that makes it virtually impossible for the Glock to go off unless the trigger is pulled. But officers in stressful situations might begin the process of squeezing the trigger safety in order to be primed to fire, several firearms experts said.

Taken from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/dcpolice/deadlyforce/police4page2.htm

Rrrright.....
View attachment 760496

Aloha, Mark

PS...........a quick Google search and it's revealed......
What gun has the most accidental discharges?

Glock 19

If you mean in general, which handgun has been present during the most unintentional discharges, the answer is PROBABLY the Glock 19 since I believe it is the best selling handgun in the world, but that's just a sheer volume question. There are more of them out there so by default, it's the most common model involved.

LOL.

Disclaimer Alert. I'm NOT what one might call, "A Glock Fan Boy". But, I did at one time, own one.
Hmmm, sounds like they got a good deal, 4,500 Glocks for a mere $1M, comes out to $222/each...

Wish I could get me a G19 for $225...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR