Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What have you reloaded this week?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by lazyeye, Sep 4, 2008.

1. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

Me:
    200rds of 200gr LSWC .45acp for IDPA this weekend, while watching "Last Man Standing" and "Hamburger Hill"

2. Zeke Menuar

Zeke Menuar Oregon Monsoon Central Member

Nothing. I'm fairly well stocked up.

I'll need to run a couple of boxes of 300 Weatherby pretty soon. My shoulder has lost its lovely shade of black and blue.

3. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

400 in .45 230gn RN for USPSA this weekend and practice

200 in 9mm 124gn RN for IDPA next weekend.

I don't stock up too much at a time and would rather make what I need for the weekend, week of.

4. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

Loaded 50 rounds 40 S&W and 30 rounds .223

I think I'll go to the range and shoot the 40 tonight. The indoor range is only 12 minutes from the house.

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

PSTC or JCGC?

6. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

JCGC
    I got lazy and did not go.

7. frizzz

frizzz Clackamas Member

Typo?

8. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Doubt it, have you seen his house :thumbup:

9. lazyeye

Far out man!

Yesterday I picked up another 500 rds of .45 RN. That should keep me busy for a week or two.

10. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

950 is a big load, but not unheard of. I've done 1200 in one evening on my 550 in 3 hours and change. That is of course, if you have all your ducks in a row... loaded primer tubes, cleaned brass, which is normally how I operate anyhow.

Usually, if I know I'll be reloading more than average (average being anywhere from 2-500) I'll spend a little time each evening during the work week to do little things like tumble brass, and load primer tubes, cleaning my bench, cleaning/lubing my press, etc so I'm all ready to go when I get to reloading.

11. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

Ahhhhhh.....Dillons......

Nothing for a while. I laid in a few cases of factory ammo in the calibers I didn't have much of before prices peaked and buried the bench a little. Now I don't have the gumption to do the housekeeping needed. All I'm doing is paying off the plastic used to do it.

At least I thought of primers, powder, and bullets at the same time...

12. TMan1911

TMan1911 NE Member

Frizz man you need to lay off that EVIL BLACK GUN AK 47 (inside joke). Get yourself a bench shooting rifle for long range and play with the little boy with BIG GUNS!

13. TMan1911

TMan1911 NE Member

I am researching for a good 300 Mag load(s) so far IMR 4350 was suggested from many sites and friends 67.00grn ~ 73.00grn max 180 grn speer or Nosler. Any one with better loads which could yield 1/4 MOA at 200-300 yards. Do share! I have some working good load for 308, 223, 30-06. Of course most of my hand gun loads are tuned. .380 acp to .45 acp tic for tact!

14. Tom Herman

Tom Herman Napavine, WA. Member

Hi Folks,

I'm building up my .45 LC stocks. Commercial bullets are just way too expensive, so I cast my own and assemble a complete round for less than 9 cents.
    I made these out of 50/50 scrap lead and wheel weights with just enough tin to get good fillout (2%).
    I also make my own bullet lube.
    I use a Lyman 452424 mold that casts a nominal 255 grain SWC. Stoke it with 8 grains of Unique for for a good midrange load.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

15. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome to the community Tom ;)

16. kodiak1

kodiak1 Alberta Territories Member

100 -220 Swift, 100-25-20, 100 45-70 Paper Patched, 50 7TCU, 60 6MM.
    Ken.

17. Tom Herman

Tom Herman Napavine, WA. Member

Appreciate the welcome! I just found out about your site. It's good to see a forum geared towards the PNW.
    Keep up the good work!

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

18. TMan1911

TMan1911 NE Member

Any one spoke with DTW lately he disappear just like that. I hope he did not have another accident maybe missing in action hunting. No word at all from him. Hope he is OK! Pass on the word.:paranoid:

19. Inspector

Inspector Washington State Member

I just finished up 50 test rounds for my Rem 700 LVSF in .223. I picked up some 50 grain Vmax bullets and some IMR3031. I'm using Federal match primers. I'm hoping for accuracy here. I have yet to find a load that will outshoot the factory ammo I have for this rifle. I tried two different bullets with Varget powder but could only manage 1" groups. The factory ammo i have is Cabelas bulk with Nosler Ballistic tips and I can print sub 3/4" groups with it. I'm hoping for a better group with the new loads. The range is open on Wednesday so hopefully I'll know that day.

I also have a new Rem 700 VSSF in .22-250 I'm going to break in that day.

20. lazyeye

Watched Syriana and reloaded a few hundred .45acp.
    (didn't much like the movie)