JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
400 in .45 230gn RN for USPSA this weekend and practice

200 in 9mm 124gn RN for IDPA next weekend.

I don't stock up too much at a time and would rather make what I need for the weekend, week of.

Loaded 50 rounds 40 S&W and 30 rounds .223

I think I'll go to the range and shoot the 40 tonight. The indoor range is only 12 minutes from the house.

950 is a big load, but not unheard of. I've done 1200 in one evening on my 550 in 3 hours and change. That is of course, if you have all your ducks in a row... loaded primer tubes, cleaned brass, which is normally how I operate anyhow.

Usually, if I know I'll be reloading more than average (average being anywhere from 2-500) I'll spend a little time each evening during the work week to do little things like tumble brass, and load primer tubes, cleaning my bench, cleaning/lubing my press, etc so I'm all ready to go when I get to reloading.

Two Dillon 650s makes short work of it, one day we will have to have a reloading party followed by couple beers:D

Ahhhhhh.....Dillons......

Nothing for a while. I laid in a few cases of factory ammo in the calibers I didn't have much of before prices peaked and buried the bench a little. Now I don't have the gumption to do the housekeeping needed. All I'm doing is paying off the plastic used to do it.

At least I thought of primers, powder, and bullets at the same time...

Frizz man you need to lay off that EVIL BLACK GUN AK 47 (inside joke). Get yourself a bench shooting rifle for long range and play with the little boy with BIG GUNS!

I am researching for a good 300 Mag load(s) so far IMR 4350 was suggested from many sites and friends 67.00grn ~ 73.00grn max 180 grn speer or Nosler. Any one with better loads which could yield 1/4 MOA at 200-300 yards. Do share! I have some working good load for 308, 223, 30-06. Of course most of my hand gun loads are tuned. .380 acp to .45 acp tic for tact!

Hi Folks,

I'm building up my .45 LC stocks. Commercial bullets are just way too expensive, so I cast my own and assemble a complete round for less than 9 cents.
I made these out of 50/50 scrap lead and wheel weights with just enough tin to get good fillout (2%).
I also make my own bullet lube.
I use a Lyman 452424 mold that casts a nominal 255 grain SWC. Stoke it with 8 grains of Unique for for a good midrange load.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Any one spoke with DTW lately he disappear just like that. I hope he did not have another accident maybe missing in action hunting. No word at all from him. Hope he is OK! Pass on the word.:s0131:

I just finished up 50 test rounds for my Rem 700 LVSF in .223. I picked up some 50 grain Vmax bullets and some IMR3031. I'm using Federal match primers. I'm hoping for accuracy here. I have yet to find a load that will outshoot the factory ammo I have for this rifle. I tried two different bullets with Varget powder but could only manage 1" groups. The factory ammo i have is Cabelas bulk with Nosler Ballistic tips and I can print sub 3/4" groups with it. I'm hoping for a better group with the new loads. The range is open on Wednesday so hopefully I'll know that day.

I also have a new Rem 700 VSSF in .22-250 I'm going to break in that day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top