JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dad brought back a bunch of guns from Germany after WWII, rifles and pistols. The only ones I saw were the Enfield and the Mauser. All of them were stolen in '73. :mad: My brother and I, the only gun nuts out of 9 kids, wish we still had them.
I deeply appreciate my CZ75B in .40. The only other ones in the stable that I have any attachment to are the wildcats I built.

A Grendel .380 pocket pistol. These silly little gats have a fixed magazine and are loaded with an M-16 stripper clips! This one was a gift from my shooting and hunting partner and friend Mark who I lost 5 Christmases ago. My greatest pleasure was that I was able to buy him a top of the line Kimber .45 in the year before he died. Also my Dads late '40s Mossberg .22 bolt rifle, tubular magazine, hooded multi post frt site and T shaped bolt. It's a tack driver and was beautifully refinished by my coworkers at Kimber of Oregon. My friends in the ruger 10/22 crowd like to rib me about my "antique" until we start looking at paper! Then there's a lot of moaning and whining! Thanks Dad!

I can't believe I forgot to mention my mom's Winchester M-94 carbine in .25-35W. IIRC, it was made in 1909. All through my youth she killed a big Nevada Muley buck every year! Thanks to a really nice member here I have a box of rounds for it now!

All of 'em... I'm emotionally attached to every single one that I own... Otherwise I wouldn't own them...

Something about wood and steel, when assembled in the configuration of a firearm, kinda stirs something in my soul...

I have my dads Winchester modrl 64 delux in 30/30. It was his deer rifle.
He was quite proud of it. It operates as smooth as butter. Now it is minr o be passed down o my son and one day o my grsndson.

I feel quite strongly about all of the guns I own.
So I guess you could say I have an emotional connection to all of them.
It is a blessing and curse to have a emotional connection to the guns that I own.
A blessing because of the memories of some , the sense of history of others , the pride in my marksmanship and the willingness to share my collection with others.
It is a curse because at times it is difficult to give a polite , but firm answer when someone says I shouldn't own guns or guns of a certain type or guns kill people etc ...

Of all of them a few stand out.
A Series 70 Colt Government Model given to me by my Dad. It was the first handgun I shot many years ago.
My Remington 870 , given to me by my Grandpa. It is the first gun I owned.
A H&R 649 , My birthday present , age 13 from my Dad.
My Hawken Rifle copy made by my friend Loren "Doc" Brown.
The workmanship that went into it , combined with how well it shoots and carries , makes it my favorite rifle.
Andy

Not sure I have any strong emotional connections to my guns, but if I do, it's probably to my Glenfield/Marlin Model 60. I got it for Christmas 1983 from my father and was my first real firearm. I had a lot of fun shooting with my friends growing up as none of them owned guns. We would stop by Freddie's, pick up cheap boxes of .22 and go out plinking for the afternoon. Lots of fun memories with that gun. I still have it today. No real monetary value, but it represents my very first gun, so that makes it special, and one I'll never sell, it will pass down to my daughter, what she chooses to do with it is up to her.

My best friend for over 30 years and hunted deer with him for over 19 years passed from a brain amorism a few years ago. I have his Para Ordinance P-12 compact. I love the double stack mag, compact 1911 with a 3" barrel. That little 1911 can keep up with the best 1911's for accuracy. I also have his Winchester 30-30 that was manufactured around 1931. I really miss the guy. R.I.P. Albert Simmons.

Must have been January '09 when dad said i should take his guns. Dad got out of the Navy in 1947 and opened a gun shop with his brother. As far as I know the old guns he had were projects he'd picked up and never really did much with, (more story(s) there). Among those guns was his father's carry gun when he was a Los Angeles policeman. A S&W pre model 10 dating to 1949-50. Very little use, with standard holster wear. I also have the duty holster/belt combo, and REALLY wish I had the hand cuffs and what ever other accouterments went with it! That's the first gun I'd ever shot other than Dads Colt Woodsman, (The other gun I'll never get rid of), and my 10/.22.

A Savage Model 23D in .22 Hornet.
My grandfather gave it to my father during the depression, my father gave it to me and I will pass it on to one of my sons when they are grown.

Before my dad passed he "moved" all of his firearms out of the house - into mine. One's that he hadn't allotted to others I got to keep. I got to keep the Ruger Mini-14 and an SKS that he though was fun to shoot.

When he passed he had a little life insurance through the Union. I took a portion of it and bought this in his memory. Not only is it is sentimental to me, I've even named it "Big Vic" after him. It will be passed down to my oldest son.

RIP dad!

Desert Eagle.JPG

Too many to list! I can't help but tear up a little reading some of these posts.

My Father passed away little under a year ago, and one huge part of his life was his affection of firearms. In his younger years he was very active with reloading, and shooting. I was the youngest in my family, 9 years younger than my older brother, and by the time I was old enough to shoot the big caliber stuff he was ill and crippled, so I didn't have the opportunity to go hunting, or shoot a lot of the firearms collection with him. I do cherish the few times I was able to get him to a range with me as an adult, and shoot more of them.

However I do have very fond memories of shooting .22s as a kid. My favorite has to be his Rossi 62 pump rifle because it's just super fun plinking, but my most sentimental firearm is the first one I ever got the shoot. The Chipmunk .22 . I remember being a pretty damn good shot with it too.

My brother and I have been dividing up his collection of firearms between us the last few months, and it has probably been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Every one of those guns has a memory of him attached, and I cherish them all (memories and the guns). While some are worth a lot more money than others, the Rossi pump, and the Chipmunk he bought for me to shoot as a kid were my first picks. My brother and I decided to fairest way to divide them up was by Blue book values, and so I have been more than happy to send my bro some of the more pricey firearms, so that I can keep the majority of the collection.

My daughter is 9 now, she is at an age which she can comprehend and follow gun safety, and I am excited to take her shooting this summer with that same Chipmunk .22. It is sad that my father is no longer here to see his granddaughters smile as she pulls the trigger for the first time, and I hope I'm still around for the day my grandkids shoot that same Chipmunk .22, but there is probably nothing more fulfilling than to share something you have a love for with your child.

Ah good thread :)

I consider myself extremely lucky, my grandfather left me his Colt Anaconda. I'll never forget the first time he shot it, standing in front of his truck at Prineville Reservoir. He was a thin guy, maybe 5'10 160lbs? On the first pull the gun traveled up over his head (as he intended) but then continued on, out of his hands and into the grill of his brand new F350. I couldn't really tell if he was happy, mad, excited, or a little of each, but that gun has been in my head since.

The thing is in perfect condition, not a scratch or mark anywhere, with the original box, paperwork, etc. and maybe 150 rounds through it. My brother and I made a promise to each other long ago that we'd never sell any of the guns we've inherited. This makes the monetary value of the gun irrelevant, meaning we get to enjoy it without worry of how that value might be affected :D

Colt Anaconda 002.jpg

Ah good thread :)

I consider myself extremely lucky, my grandfather left me his Colt Anaconda. I'll never forget the first time he shot it, standing in front of his truck at Prineville Reservoir. He was a thin guy, maybe 5'10 160lbs? On the first pull the gun traveled up over his head (as he intended) but then continued on, out of his hands and into the grill of his brand new F350. I couldn't really tell if he was happy, mad, excited, or a little of each, but that gun has been in my head since.

The thing is in perfect condition, not a scratch or mark anywhere, with the original box, paperwork, etc. and maybe 150 rounds through it. My brother and I made a promise to each other long ago that we'd never sell any of the guns we've inherited. This makes the monetary value of the gun irrelevant, meaning we get to enjoy it without worry of how that value might be affected :D

View attachment 294687
Had one a those back in the 90's, sold it for $450:confused::confused:. Still hurts thinkin about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top