JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the Memories coming out in these posts! this is exactly what I was looking for when I posted this! These are the memories that keep our hobbies/rights going into the next generation! They can become more than a way of life, but a part of the family!

Matt
I agree.
What's funny, from my point of view, is that my stepson has some, but not too much interest. My stepdaughter, however, is the one that's interested in firearms. She has no plans on ever hunting anything, but asked for a handgun for her 21st birthday. She likes shooting and has her CHL.
My grandson is not yet 2. His favorite toys are his "bangs" (toy guns). He's been around when the family has gone shooting. (with proper ear muffs, of course) It's pretty obvious to the wife and I that he will be a shooter. I can't wait!

Two with emotional ties. Both former police duty pistols. S&W mod 19 (no dash) .357 and S&W 4006. .40 cal. I own others, but these are in my will to remain in the family after I pass on.

All of my guns will stay in the family. all of my kids like to shoot and I paln to be able to give at least one to each child and grandchild and down the line.

Nice tat. Who did your ink? Usually guns end up looking kind of cartoonish, yours is nicely done.

Flaming Dragon here in Tacoma. The artists name is Jason.
Dave
tat002.jpg

1926, Officers Model Colt, 38 special. It was a gift from my FIL. I'll never sell that gun. Oldest daughter already has dibs on it.

Funny story. When MY dad died, my sister's husband requested dad's 1903, model 1897 12 ga shotgun. Heck I had everything else, why not share??? MY Wife!!!! goes "No Way", David has enough guns of his own, he can have his dad's guns when he is gone.... I am willing to let my BIL have that shotgun, not a problem,,,but my wife (who refuses to shot it, she has her own guns) would not hear of it. That shotgun will probably still be in this house long after I die,,,at least until she dies :) But her own dad's pistol: I am sure it will be gone before I hit the dirt...Oldest daughter will be here to collect it and her mom will let it go.

Winchester Model 72 .22 rifle. Dad bought new. Between my dad and I it has had a ton of rounds through it. It will still put 14 rounds in a 1 inch group at 100 yds.
Stevens\Savage 20 gauge shot gun. Dad bought new. Again my dad them myself have tried our best to ware it out. Did ware out the firing pin in the late 60's. Finialy found a real gunsmith who could build a new fireing pin. Lot of memories came back with the first box I fired through it when it was fixed.
Winchester Model 70 30-06. Again Dad bought new. Killed my first bear and deer with it. Dad put a lot of white tails in the freezer with it.
My Granddads double 12. Bought new way back when. First time I remember shooting it the shot hit me so hard that I accedetly hit the second trigger. Yup, on my butt I went. I was under 10 years old.
Colt Trooper MK III. I bought it new. Was horrably exspesive. Cost me $160.
S&W 44 mag.
My wife's is her Rem 720 .257 Roberts. Her dad bought it new in the early 50's.
None are for sale or ever will be.
We have 3 boy's and 8 grandchildern.
Oldest boy (39) is a die hard gun nut.

A 1971 H&R 622 revolver. It was my dads and the first thing I ever shot when I was about 5 years old. It's ugly kind of a pain to load and unload but I love it and will never leave me. Dad died when I was 12 but when I see it feel it and shoot it he is still with me.

A Grendel .380 pocket pistol. These silly little gats have a fixed magazine and are loaded with an M-16 stripper clips! This one was a gift from my shooting and hunting partner and friend Mark who I lost 5 Christmases ago. My greatest pleasure was that I was able to buy him a top of the line Kimber .45 in the year before he died. Also my Dads late '40s Mossberg .22 bolt rifle, tubular magazine, hooded multi post frt site and T shaped bolt. It's a tack driver and was beautifully refinished by my coworkers at Kimber of Oregon. My friends in the ruger 10/22 crowd like to rib me about my "antique" until we start looking at paper! Then there's a lot of moaning and whining! Thanks Dad!

My Marlin .44mag lever gun. My uncle is big Marlin lever gun collector and he got (me) interested in them. I was browsing in the local gun shop and saw a Marlin in .44 mag. Decided it would make a great companion to my super red hawk, which I rarely shoot.

It is so much fun to shoot, I now take it out more than any other of my collection. Because .44 are so easy to reload, I've also gotten into reloading. The most fun you have with your clothes on.

S

I purchased a stainless Ruger Security Six in about 74 or 75. Many years ago when I was an active Realtor I sold a home to "Bob (Robert) Valade when he moved away from cove, Or. He is a very well know engraver and only lives a couple of blocks from me. I asked him if he would engrave my initials on the backstrap of the Ruger. He agreed and WOW, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I got it back. He didn't stop at the backstrap!!! I'll cherish that gun forever.
Bumpy

The only gun I own that I am attached to is my Martini action 45-70 that WW Greener & Sons rebuilt sometime in the 60s (I believe) with an octagon barrel. By far, my sweetest and most valued gun.

Although, I have also cherished my AR-7 in .22LR that was built to military specs and was sold to the Israeli Air Force as a Bailout survival gun. Even have the box. No plastic and a wire butt stock w/2 magazines. Never seen one before or since.

When I returned state side in '61, I bought an almost un-fired S&W.15-1 Combat Masterpiece in .38 Spl. at a gun show. Still have it, though it now has a fiber optic front sight blade for old eyes.:)

Sold all except that one at one time when a new bride and house were more
important.;)

Now it's all LEGGO Block rifles, AR's in various calibers.:eek::eek: :p

Last Edited:
CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) 1911 purchased by my uncle in 1961 for $17.95 delivered to his door by the U.S. Mail. It's a typical parts gun. A 1916 Ithaca frame and a Remington slide of WWII vintage. I have the original receipt too.

Also from him, a Pre WWII FN Hi-Power he bought at the Army Base Gun Club when he was stationed in West Germany during the Vietnam War. I have the receipt too for $49.50.

I'm glad this thread has been resurrected- I've been enjoying it! Nice to see that I'm not the only sentimental fool here... I have an old-ish Colt Diamondback .22 that came to me from my Grandpa that i will never, ever part with until I give it to my son when he's old enough to appreciate it.
It's kind of funny how we can gain such an emotional attachment to tools- I also have some of grandpas old hand tools from when he started out woodcarving as a kid. Got them chromed a few years back and now they occupy a hallowed spot in the knickknack cupboard.

I'm glad this thread has been resurrected- I've been enjoying it! Nice to see that I'm not the only sentimental fool here... I have an old-ish Colt Diamondback .22 that came to me from my Grandpa that i will never, ever part with until I give it to my son when he's old enough to appreciate it.
It's kind of funny how we can gain such an emotional attachment to tools- I also have some of grandpas old hand tools from when he started out woodcarving as a kid. Got them chromed a few years back and now they occupy a hallowed spot in the knickknack cupboard.
I get it!
I started out as a Shipwright by trade. I've got a tool box with tools in it from various old timers who gave them to me, of whom I worked under. I keep them clean and oiled but I never use them anymore. Memories...

I almost forgot. One of my first guns (1970ish) is a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44mag. It is in original condition. It didn't get the safety update they offered for free at the time. Don't shoot it much. Maybe a few hundred rounds since I bought it. Love the gun but perhaps it's time for it to move on. Sentiment is nice but it's a shame to keep it and not use it. Getting old and might have to find something a bit more easy on my old joints.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top