JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over the years I have had many guns that were cool or that I like for one reason or another, but in most cases I end up trading them for the new or shiney gun when I can't afford to go by one and get that urge.

I do have a few that I could never get rid of because they have a story or hold an emotional meaning for me.

Mine are a Savage .32 cal semi auto that I picked up at a garage sale 10 or so years ago and a Browning 30.06 that my kids gave me for Christmas in 2004.

The Savage is because my middle son ws with me for the whole purchase and he loves telling the story of how "me and dad" bought it...it will be his in a few years!
The 30.06 is because my kids got it for me and it would break thier hearts!

so lets hear about your special firearms....

I have 2.

S&W 36 - My stepgrandfather's pistol he kept in his restaurant and one of the few things of his I got after he died. My dad held onto that and while other family members got some rings and things.

Browning BLR in .243 My first Deer rifle and the only rifle I still have my father gave me. It's also quite the looker.:s0112:

Grandpa's Marlin 81DL and Ruger Standard .22 have great sentimental value to me. The first rifle and pistol I ever shot, and the first guns I was trusted to use without adult supervision. The supervision had come before that.

My Grandpa's 30-30. He bought it in the early 1900's and the story is that he bagged so many deer and antelope with it that when he was carrying it and came across a fence he didn't know whether he should climb over the fence or crawl under it.

My dad gave me an 870 for Christmas of my 8th grade year I was either 12 or 13. It aint nothing special, but its something special. If I ever have kids Ill give it to my first son..

The stories that these guns could tell, many of them are older than we are and handed down through generations. fortunately and unfortunatly at the same time, I will be starting this tradition with my kids, but I have not gotten a gun handed down yet and my dad only has one...lets hear some more...

Most special to me are the High Standard Supermatic Tournament Military .22 target pistol that my dad gave me for Christmas when I was 15 and my Ithaca M37 20 ga shotgun that my dad also gave me for Christmas the year before.

My Winchester bolt action 30.06. It was my Great-Grandpa's and he gave it directly to me when I was 13. The bluing is trashed, stock's all scratched up, it has some cheap scope on it with no markings, it's also all scratched up on the exterior. I pack it every deer season. With the exception of my first buck when I was 12, I've killed all my deer with it. It's nothing to look at but I love it. My Dad bought me a nice Remington pump 30.06 when I was 17. It's still sitting in the stash. I can't peel myself away from the old familiar. Last year I missed a chance at the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life because I decided to pack the pump gun instead. Muscle memory screwed me. Immediately put the pump gun back in the tent and went right back to MY rifle. Still pi$$ed about it.....

Also, my AK-47. Just bought it a couple of years ago. It was my reward to myself for almost 10 years of service after being medically discharged.

I have my grand fathers single shot 22, first gun i ever shot, 4 yrs old
My fathers IverJohnson single shot 410, i learned to hunt pheasants with
My 3030 Marlin that i bought for hunting and intend to pass on to my son
My kids bought me an IverJohnson 32SW break top for christmas several years ago. It is nice enough that I use it for concealed carry when I need somthing that is small.

I think I am a very lucky man.

1972 Ruger Single six convertible. Last year of the three screw. My Dad bought it to carry in the family Cessna in case of an unscheduled landing. It was pretty much the only firearm in the house (I had tons of BB guns though).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top