JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Model 37 Ithaca 20 ga. made the year I was born, 1947. Still my favorite dove gun.

1873 Remington rolling block .38 rimfire (now rechambered for .357 Mag) sporter. Bought new by my great grandfather.

My mother's Colt .32 ACP 1903 pocket model.

S&W (Howa) Model 1500 .30-06. My favorite rifle because it's so freaking accurate.

S&W 66-2, .357 4" stainless. Because it feels and looks just right.

Well ... emotional huh?
To be honest I have a hard time placing emotion on a weapon
since I haven't the situations where sentiment has been part of acquiring a weapon.

I did come across a gorgeous Springfield M1A early on in my "collect for a free america" binge of firearms acquisitions
... so ... well it does have a story behind it ... therefore sentiment.

The value and quality of the deal seems to make sentiment take a back seat but I will leave the reader to decide.

I was perusing a gun show a number of years back when Oregon was a free state and when Clinton was restricting firearms ...
I came across a Marine Sniper ... nice fellow ... quiet but resolute demeanor.

He was slinging around a very clean M1A ... he showed it to me and began telling me a tale of consistent sub 3/8 MOA ...
I was enthralled as he expounded his story of an armorer named ss obermeier and the 5r heavy match barrels and their accuracy.

Who was I to argue ... a consummate professional was in front of me wielding his prized weapon.

I bought it ... I own it ... and it is "all it can be" and then some.

So I am attached ... not emotionally ... but to reality ... this is indeed a semi-auto that can.

Winchester 9422M (lever gun in .22 Mag)
Marlin 1894CS (lever gun in .357 / .38)
Taurus 94 - 9 shot .22LR revolver
Taurus M85CH .38+P Revolver

I've had all of these for at LEAST 15 year. . . Maybe 20.
100% problem free.
would not sell any of them unless I needed the money to feed my kids.

S&W Model 19-4 .357 Mag. Grad dads. Grand ma gave it to me the day after we burried him. Nickel plated 4". Beautiful gun. I OC it but I have never actually fired it.

Remmington 1100 12 ga. given to me by my dad it still in almost mint condition cause I don't want to take it out and get it scratched , and A remington 521T 22s,l,lr bolt action target rifle that was given to me by my granddad the stock looks like it is all chipped but if you look at it closely its hash marks (105) one for each deer he killed over the years. If that thing could only talk.

A Colt Trooper Mark III .357 Magnum. My first revolver and now my son's.

A S&W 28-2 .357 Mag. My dad's first revolver and now mine.

An 1861 Springfield riflemusket manufactured in 1862. This firearm was discovered in an attic of an old house on Oahu, of all places: loaded but not capped. The rifling is most worn away from the muzzle, due to that iron ramrod, and when ramming home a cartridge you can feel a slight barrel bulge about half way down but it still shoots fine. On the underside of the stock, near the trigger guard, someone carved a small diamond. The diamond was the Corps insignia of the III Corps: Army of the Potomac. The III Corps was wrecked at Gettysburg and after suffering severe casualties at Mine Run was disbanded in March of 1864.

I lost a Great Uncle in the pacific in WWII. His brother was severely wounded in Europe. My M-1 Rifle and M-1 Carbine represent a little of their sacrifices. I enjoy firing these and reflecting on what their generation did for the world and us.

I've been known to get really attached to one gun or another-then turn around and sell it for another gun that "I gotta have". No loyalty here at all.

My dad's Walther Model 1 b/a-semi-auto .22 rifle that he bought in Cork in the late 1920's. He had been badly beaten up by the British when he was arrested for blowing up a police station in 1920, and had lost most of the sight in his right eye, so he had a little scope put on it. I still have that gun with the scope on it, and shoot it a lot. I also have his Walther PP that came out of a battlefield-recovered Canadian Sherman in Normandy. He was de-kitting it prior to carrying out repairs and found it - no idea how it got there either, as it is Vienna Special Branch police issue pistol, complete with its matching and stamped-up holster. When he died back in 1971 I took them both on, and carried the Walther as my back-up gun in Northern Ireland on occasions.

The rifle is as he would remember it, but the little Walther, in 9mmK, had to be deactivated here in UK so that I could keep it. I was told by a well-known collector that it registered a 9/10 for desireability, and was probably worth a heap of money.

To me, needless to say, both are priceless.

tac

.44 cal. brass frame B/P copy of the 1851 Navy. My wife gave it to me as a wedding present in 1969. I reconditioned it as a project for the class in Design, Function, and Repair of Handguns when I went to Gunsmithing school without replacing any parts. Wear was repaired by buiding up with TIG and refitting. It will go to our son.

Winchester model 1906, .22 cal. pump. It belonged to my Grandfather and was handed down to me from my Uncle. this old .22 put alot of cottontails in the skillet from Texas to CA. It also came with a July 1970 issue of The American Rifleman that has an article on the gun. The only other things I have from GP are a set of cufflinks and a broken pocketwatch. It will go to my son when I know he'll appreciate it right! This gun is family.

For me it would be a pre-WWII Winchester Model 94, chambered in 30/30, which was the rifle I bagged my first deer with, and a 1932 John Rigby & Sons masterpiece utilizing the Mauser no. 5 action chambered in .416 Rigby which my grandfather used in Africa. I don't shoot the .416 much, but I cherish the film of "Gramps" drilling a Cape Buffalo and the impact of that round nearly obscuring the animal in the cloud of dust that exploded off the hide. If I need a car stopper in a SHTF situation, I think the Rigby will do just fine.

I have a model 88 Winchester I bought new in 1962. When I first put it up to my shoulder it felt like a perfect fit and it's 308, my favorite caliber. I couldn't part with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top