JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am pumped for the 1st of September. Getting my gear ready for the 3 day weekend next week. Got my shotgun out cleaning it up. What are you going to be carrying in the woods this year?

DSC06606.jpg
DSC06026.jpg
DSC06557.jpg
So my top five choices:
My 870 Wingmaster given to me by my Grandad ... First gun I owned.
Its a 20 gauge with a Modified choke and 28 inch barrel. Circa 1960-64
A Royland Southgate Long Rifle .38 caliber from 1950.
My Flintlock Fowler 20 gauge circa 1900.
Not pictured :
A Remington model 33 .22 rifle from 1932.
A H&R Pardner single shot 20 gauge with a Modified choke.
Andy

Ohh... Like that Bearcat...So want one of those.
Andy

Be careful... the new ones aren't collectable as the old ones were.

My wife gave me one for Christmas when we were still backpacking. They are soooo lightweight!! I eventually passed it down to her son. He keeps asking me if I want to use it!

Nice guys. I was thinking about using my 10/22 but I hardly use my 12ga to hunt anymore and thought it was about time she got to earn her keep. I'll probably carry my sp101 3" too. Or my 9.

I think it is only legal to hunt forest grouse with a shotgun or a rimfire in Oregon anyway....
Centerfire handguns would not be a legal means of harvesting grouse, but I guess the OP asked what you would be carrying in the woods this season. Not trying to rain on the parade, just don't want any members to get in trouble shooting forest chickens with the wrong type of guns.....

Good luck everyone, I'll be using my Browning T-Bolt 22LR with Leupold scope. I can almost taste them now!

I think it is only legal to hunt forest grouse with a shotgun or a rimfire in Oregon anyway....
Centerfire handguns would not be a legal means of harvesting grouse, but I guess the OP asked what you would be carrying in the woods this season. Not trying to rain on the parade, just don't want any members to get in trouble shooting forest chickens with the wrong type of guns.....

Good luck everyone, I'll be using my Browning T-Bolt 22LR with Leupold scope. I can almost taste them now!
I guess I'm out then lol I can't use my new GEN 2000 GLOCK glock.jpg

My grouse getter this year will be either my 870 express to pop them on the gravel roads, or a Smith and Wesson 43-C 22lr I recently purchased that'll be in a pocket on my pack while I deer and elk hunt.

Rules shmools! They die just the same. ;)

For grouse? Same as every year......
My, now 107 year old, Parker Brothers VHE side-by-side.

Once in awhile you find that weapon that just shoulders perfectly, fits like it was made for you, that's the one.

I am not up in Parker territory but I will be carrying my L.C. Smith side by side. I belong to the Church of the Holy 16 so that will be the caliber.

Being originally from Wisconsin (don't hate me for where I was born) I had never heard of using anything but shotguns on grouse. As a matter of fact I think it is against the law back there. Not judging, just saying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top