JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1st Floor = Glock 19 with Winchester Ranger T

2nd Floor = S&W 3s7 TRR8 with Hornady Critical Defense

3rd Floor = CZ Scorpion Evo 3 SP1 with a 30 round mag containing alternating 124 Gr Winchester Ranger and 147 Winchester Ranger T hollowpoints.

Also sporting an Insight Laser/Light combo.

Can't wait to SBR it.

Last Edited:
Whatever piece I'm closest too, or have on me! If I'm getting out of bed, I'm grabbing my Mossy 500 with tac-torch mounted and 000 buck in the mag and in the side-saddle, as well as a few foster slugs. I chopped down a vent rib to 19" and installed a light gathering sight; no shooting high as factory defense barrels are wont to do. I have patterned this barrel with the 000 buck and within the distances I have currently in my house, if I have to pull the trigger, I'm confident those 8 9mm balls are going to center mass. If circumstances are that I can't be sure they're going center mass, I'm using the Firestar Plus.
There are 4 handguns, 2 9mm (Firestar Plus and a P85), one .45(SA 1911) and one .44Mag (Super Blackhawk), within 10 feet of my bed. The Firestar Plus lives in the bedstand and has a quick clip holster on it so I'm meeting any intruder primarily with the shotgun, and my handgun as a true sidearm. I have not had to fire a weapon in my house(s) ever, but have had to clear it 3 times over 20 odd years due to prowlers, using the above set up. On other occasions (different living situations) I have had to scare off a natural predator or two as alerted by horses, etc. Usually I work my way passed the stable with torch and gun, then as I am clear of house, animals, and structures, I'll fire a few rounds into the ground at the tree line.
Obviously I'm not in city limits, and being a rural property bordered by wildlands, I can see the tree line and beyond with my light as well as I know there are no humans or homes in my line of fire or beyond, firing into the ground is preferable as I know the shot/bullets stopped within my sight and are accounted for.
As of late, I have a NV monocular which if I'm not in immediate threat mode, or house has been cleared, I'll sit in a shadow, glass the area and perimeter for a while to see if anything is moving after I have stopped, just to look for verification that 'they' are leaving (and get a description, license, or other ID to relay). Obviously, the tac-torch never comes on unless I'm confronting someone and, worst case scenario, am forced to shoot them. I'd far rather scare the bejesus out of them and give them opportunity to flee.

Last Edited:
I am not fond of neighbors anyway, they should have had more sense than to move in next to me. I use a AR if possible. I have a 40 revolver on the nightstand, then the AR. The Warden, her XD9 then her AR or AR pistol. We would try to aim well and it does not seem likely we would be shooting in the direction of our neighbors in most likely scenarios. We have an alarm system and bars on ground floor windows and doors, alarms on accessible upstairs windows. Kids? We don't have no stinking Kids! ....okay we do but they are old and gone with guns of their own..... and they don't have kids!

I feel so passive in comparison to most. My 1st LOD is a simple SAA loaded with CCI shot rounds. it spends it's days hanging on off my hip and nights resting on the night stand.

IMG_8560.JPG
This was my brand new deck. 4 extinguishers later...

How many of us have had to actually use a fire extinguisher for its designed purpose?

M&P shield with 147gr Federals on me any time I am awake. It sits on the night stand while I sleep along with a 1911 with Crimson Trace grips in the nightstand drawer. a Mossberg 12 gauge loaded with #4 buck and 00 buck are on the wifes side, just inside the closet.

Good morning all,

In very short order the posed question takes me beyond the intended question, and takes me to that soul searching place that has more questions than witty quick decisions followed by playful banter. Instead my mind is filled with all the ego humbling self doubts that play with the heart felt baseline reasons have have even one gun, let alone as with the probable feelings that a lot of you, as me, has way more guns that fulfill something beyond the most important requirement in that it's 2016 and too much of this world would rather take than work for anything and as previously eluded to would, without a second thought harm my family without any regard to what makes our Country less than it's intended Lott in this world. I apologize for digressing....

I have a Beretta PX4 with sound 10 mags throughout my truck that affords a little price of mind knowing it's there along with the Comfort knowing there are reloading mags within easy reach of any door, yet out of site to anyone outside of the truck as well as passengers within.

In my brief bag I carry an HK P30S v3, in my front pocket I carry a Sig 938 and my ankle supports 2 Sig and 1 HK mag.

The rest is in my safe, with a safe amount of ammo and a few locked and loaded pistols and rifles ready to move as much as we might have to.

Thank you for your time and have a safe day.

TK

Mine is my tried and TRUE, Glock 22, Trijicon plus Crimson Trace. FMJ, JHP and Black Talons in the chamber and magazines. It has been my companion for over twenty years. Backup is a M&P Shield .40 with Crimson trace and similar ammo. I've had my CC for over 30 years, never had to show a gun. My previous was a Tarus 92C.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top