JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My DD, unless ice or snow.........

2942.JPG

Daily driver:

ibkjkz.jpg

BMW X1

Just got it. I needed a daily driver with AWD and more ground clearance up here because:

jkgd1l.jpg

That 3 series coupe in the pic can't go anywhere in the snow or ice, and is squirrely even just on the gravel road. Plus the car now has 125K on it and was getting beat up on the last two miles to my house (gravel pot holed muddy road). So I gave my car to my kids and bought the X1.

I do have two 4x4 trucks, but neither is a very good daily driver, and my commute into Portland is an hour each way, so I want something comfortable, safe and relatively fun to drive.

The X1 is a decent little crossover - it has about the same cargo space as the coupe does, and a little smaller inside, but is a little more practical as the car has that rear window deck which limits the height of anything you put in the trunk, even though the seats do fold down for long items.

It isn't as tall as a full sized SUV, is relatively light, and gets about the same mileage as the car, while having quite a bit more power.

I am on my second Grand Cherokee. LOVE it. We are a Jeep family, so hubby's daily driver is a 2 door JKRX. Son has an LJ Rubicon, daughter has a 2007 Grand Cherokee and Son in Law has a newer model Liberty. Father in Law, my mom, both nieces, husband's brother and sister all have some kind of Jeep. It's nuts, I know.

We also have an F-350 4x4 that hauls our cramper around.

Mk6 VW Golf TDI, it saves me a lot of hassle and money with all the driving I do. I also have a Jeep Wrangler and a old beatup 80s Chevy pickup that needs a new motor at some point.. I love them all, but if the TDI gets bought back by VW due to the "scandal" I'll probably replace the chevy and golf with a dodge ram diesel and maybe a motorcycle.

Finally upgraded from my 1996 Subaru Legacy. My dad had a 2015 Subaru Forester and decided that he couldn't drive it anymore. He owed less than 1/4 book on it and sold it to me for that. Has 1300 miles on it. Probably one of a very few Subarus that has a Magpul decal on the back window. :cool:
The first "New" car I've had in recent memory. Thanks Pop! Just another reason why you are the best friend I ever had.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top