JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm considering a side-job taking people up stuff like this...

Anyone interested?

After my medical retirement, I no longer get ~high~ sorry for the pun, I used to climb Telephone poles... then as a carpenter, did an 18/12 pitch roof... NOW, I just really enjoy looking at anything over a step stool in hight !!!

Really !

philip
In the boondocks, that is also called "Flat Land" and I like that, a lot !

I started off as a nuclear missile maintenance guy in the USAF (ALCM/SRAM/ACM), then got into computers/networking and I'm now a Systems Engineer in IT at a semiconductor mfg company. Fun stuff. :)

I Work for my dad's HVAC company. I have worked here the better part of the last 20 years. Did sheet metal installation and warehouse stuff in the beginning. Then herniated two disk in my lower back at 22 and had surgery. He was nice enough to bring me in to the office. I have done just about everything you can in an office. Managed the installation department, dispatched, quoted unit replacements, and in home selling (which I am not good at). One day I might own the place.
I feel a lot like notazombie. There are a lot of customers who have already diagnosed the problem and want us to bring out the part to fix it. Then when they are wrong, they refuse to pay for us to return the parts they told us to bring out.

After my medical retirement, I no longer get ~high~ sorry for the pun, I used to climb Telephone poles... then as a carpenter, did an 18/12 pitch roof... NOW, I just really enjoy looking at anything over a step stool in hight !!!

Really !

philip
In the boondocks, that is also called "Flat Land" and I like that, a lot !

AHHH, another pole jockey eh!!! I did it too when they made me. I was a cable splicer...

I work for a railroad contractor. We do demolition, tear outs and pick ups. The main part of the company is selling railroad materials, like rail, spikes, ties...all that. I run equipment (CAT330, JD160, JD544, CAT277), haul all our equipment (T800 and TrailKing 53' Lowboy), and do lots of sales deliveries (T800 and 45' spread axle). I'm also a mechanic for the company, keeping all our equipment running and building new specialty equipment that we design in house. It can be a lot of fun, but a big PITA and HARD work a lot of the time. The traveling can suck too, but the money makes it worth it, and I can retire with full benefits and pay, at 51. 26 years needs to hurry up and pass!

Been working on cars and light trucks all my life. Own a repair shop now and deal mostly with customers and parts. Owning your own buisness is a pain in the arse but better than working for someone else!

Been working on cars and light trucks all my life. Own a repair shop now and deal mostly with customers and parts. Owning your own buisness is a pain in the arse but better than working for someone else!

"Better to reign in hell, than serve in heav'n."

I'm actively restarting my old construction company, and opening a new roofing division. I left self-employment because of the stress. I found stress working for other people, and said, "well if I get stress either way, might as well reign in hell." But I forgot how much more stressful it is.

Damned if'n ya do, damned if'n ya don't, I s'pose.

I run a small company that overhauls temperature/humidity/wind velocity units that are used in clean room/fab applications. We also repair and maintain chiller units of various types. And we provide customer service for several companies for on site technical support. Specifically, I am the Lead Engineer/Facility Manager/Operations Manager/Chief bottle washer.

Thanks!

I am super strong willed. You probably noticed. :D

I decided to not take the surgery and have been slowly improving. I'll beat it. It really really sucks though!!!! It could be worse, a lot worse.

It was amazing how much leg muscle a person can loose in a short amount of time.

Lose weight

Take anti inflammatory herbals such as cucurmin, horny goat weed and aloe juice, and totally cut out beer, shellfish and pork which cause low PH via uric acid

Don't wear constrictive clothing such as socks (never wear jockey type undies) any more than you have to

FofFoud, I was "in the que" for a VA L4/L5 surgury. Was completely healed via using a TENS UNIT. They are not for "everyone", but for those that they work upon, remarkable healings are there.

TENS: Transubcutaenal Electrode Nerve Stimulation. They are a prescription type item, but can be found ~online~ OTC, read on them, study the correct usage issues, and for less than a "C Note" you can be in much better, no pain meds needed relief!

Through the Doctor, the cost is 300% more...... With wife as applicator, you will be even better off than me, trying to reach & apply by "touch" is just not the correct method !!!

Hope That Helps,

philip

Pain free for a year, with occaisional reapplications to continue when needed...

A doggie chiropractor cured an 8 year old rottie girl we had with a broken back using one of those! We gradually watched her toes begin to respond to a needle prick and one day while we stopped on the way home to get ice cream for her and us she sat up in the back seat when I walked into the store! It can work! Canines can regenerate spinal nerves..

I've been a degreed R & D computer tech, a master tile setter and contractor, and now am starting a new biz making cool wood products such as Irish style walking sticks, staffs, bowls, mugs, urns and artwork, as well as making custom sword and dagger grips and sheaths, maces and more in conjunction with a smith

www.darkmoorwoods.com is the website, hope to have product pictures for sale by winter

horse-and-jockey-number-4-joseph-duba.jpg
I do this for work, but instead of a horse it's a desk.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top