JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday was a rest day. I needed it, hadn't had one in a week or so. Back at it tonight.

Strange, I HATE rest days. I'm looking forward to getting off work and hitting it hard.

Yesterday was a rest day. I needed it, hadn't had one in a week or so. Back at it tonight.

Strange, I HATE rest days. I'm looking forward to getting off work and hitting it hard.
Every 6 weeks force yourself to take a week off...burn-out is real. Ask me how I know.

I went to the Timber Unity Talley. Ate three hot dogs while I was there. So back to swimming tomorrow. Instead of the usual 2000 yards I will do at least 3000 yards. I hope anyway.

Weights tonight so far. I'm now benching 225 for several sets of 4-5 reps. 235 is still just 1 or 2 reps but it wasn't that long ago I was barely able to press 205.

Probably going to run later this evening.

3000 yards total laps. 1500 crawl, 1000 big fins on the back, 500 yards "Tombstone". Pushing a kick board held with the flat surface forward. Then 45 minutes of pool workout.

A25C502C-2558-438E-86DE-E82343CC1CC9.png

Got up this morning and did about 45 minutes of weights. Bench press, lat pulls and I also did standing curls. I don't usually mix triceps and biceps but I figured what the hell. :D

Praise God for all the young, buff members of this forum. Spent years in good condition. Martial arts. Falling timber. Sit-ups and push-ups and weights every morning when I was working professional career type stuff. Then knee surgeries. Then cancer. Significant loss of bone and muscle mass from chemo; herniated discs.....from chemo; collapsing coronary artery .....then coronary stint....from chemo. Fun stuff. Went through a bunch of re-hab to learn how far to increase my cardio without having a blow-out. Still walk almost everyday. Two mile track near our Turner house and endless gravel roads from our MT place. Lift weights daily. Then of course there are the strenuous assignments from Mrs. FortRock ("clean the garage"...... "mow the lawn" .... "shovel out the stalls" .... ) What a life. Guard your health. Treasure that part of your life when you can still safely work up a good sweat. FortRock out....

Been hitting the pool hard, 5 days per week, 250 laps hard, 50 cruising, 50 "Man Makers" and 100 cool down!
Every tuesday and friday it's with fins and paddles and a water sock "Sea Anchor" and I do 50 laps, then 50 cool down!

Rucked 35 pounds a few miles through the west Salem hills while carrying an 18 pound kettle bell (and walking my dog)

Good excercise. Remember this trick for when you get older. Leave the Kettle bell at home and replace with water. (1 gallon = 8 lbs). If you over do it on the way out and are thinking, "damn" my knee is killing me" or some such, simply drink or pour out some weight till you get it where you want it.

Weights last night. Right knee is bothering me from the last run. I did a full sprint for the last 1/4 mile and apparently my knee disliked it. Kinda strange as usually its my left knee that's complaining. I guess my right knee was feeling left out. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top