JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eat.
More on protein for high-intensity exercisers - Maggie's Farm
Do lifters need a steak? - Maggie's Farm
You're Not Eating Nearly Enough Protein

175# male needs 90-120g protein spread in 4 meals, spaced 3 hours apart (to allow for protein digestion).

If you are intermittent fasting, that is a less than ideal, in that an 8 hour eating window only allows for 3 meals - for best results the meals need to be 3 hours apart. Goto 4 and that is just 2 hours apart. If you eat more - say 50g protein, you are just pissin' it away.

Slightly more protein for heavier guys. I don't know what females macro would be.

1 50g (large) egg has 6g protein. Eat 4-5.
1 100g (3.5 oz ~4oz uncooked) Chicken thigh 24g protein.

Last Edited:
Quick morning workout

302E9E5E-D4EF-4434-BD84-2721304FEBF4.png

Tonites work out, 19.1.

No this is not me on video. I got 202 reps. just over 5 rounds

Wall balls - spec'd weight of ball and height tossed 19 reps spec due to age, gender and if you are scaling.
There are standards on how deep on the wall ball squat -- below parallel. And height is impact point, not max.
Then 19 calories on the rower. repeat. My pace was 1100 cals/hr.
With the rower you may know there is "carry over" you stop, but the wheel spins giving more distance and cals' recorded, but you can't step off until the counter is at the full 19. You could stop rowing at 18 cals and the carry over will get that last 1.

This guy got 50% more ...

On Weds, we did a similar workout
Row for 30 cals & 2 mins of as many as possible Turkish Get-Ups. 30 cals takes me just about 2 mins at 1100 cal/hr pace. I got 5 TGU / 2 mins.

Both work outs, I was whipped. lay on the floor and just sweat for a couple of mins, done.

Last Edited:
I'm getting ready to tuck into a plate of six scrambled eggs and a little salsa then off to the gym for weightlifting.
When I get a minute, I'll post my workout plus weight I typically lift.

Yahoo is now part of Oath

Middle age return to the gym
Butcher recommends sessions not far from what a 30-something might tackle. "My belief is that mobility and strength go hand in hand and both need to be addressed – but mobility is often a problem with people who have been relatively inactive for a long time. They are also reluctant to lift something they perceive to be heavy, as they think it might be dangerous – but smart lifting is often the most beneficial thing for bone health and muscle mass."

Is it "chapped" my a$$ or "chaffed" my a$$ ?
In any case, got it.

Yesturday was 19.2 which for my age & skill was
rounds of
25 Situps
50 Single Unders (jump rope)
and
15 Squat Cleans in increasing weight (by 20 # more each round) decreasing reps.

I got 347 total reps.

2 rounds in 8 minute time cap (If completed before 8 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed)
then
1 round in each 4 minutes cap etc.

I was 1 rep short of going into the 5th round. That is the clock hit 16 mins before I completed the last squat clean.

Anyways, got 2 big old spots on the derriere. Hard to sit in my office chair.

Bench press 15, 12, 8

Lat pulldowns 10, 8, 7

Cable chest flys no rest
Low 10
Shoulder height 10
High 10

Cable delt raises 10

Sand ball slam 20x 30#

25 min and done (including trading off with my wife)

Took a week off again and I'm sore tonight now.

Mondays work out was pretty simple:

Rowing and Burpees.

Row was set to 500m or 2 mins. That is my pace, so I got 500m in 2mins.
Burpees were 2 mins for me that is 10-12.

Then we repeated 2 more times.

How a Bedside Gym Can Change Your Life | James Walpole

This guy has 3 exercises.

My list:
Body weight at home -
Get a push as in Push Ups.
Get a Squat as in a squat, better with a weight - say a 1911 good starting point.
Get some abs, as in sit up.

If you can do a pullup / chinup fantastic. This is a heavy exercise for most. If you can't, could you pull your self up on something sturdy like a table? Get under, hold "plank" position but on your back, reach up, grab the table edge and pull your chest to the table bottom/skirt. Not all have a table/space like that. Idea is to work your traps. You want a pull exercise.

I have a couple kettle bells, so I include KBS and use one for my goblet squats.
21, 15, 9 thru the 4 exercises. Done in 10-15 mins or less.
You can use a dumbbell in place of a kettle for the swings. Or a gallon bucket. small child. Don't recommend a cat.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads