JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just finished my workout. I weight lift 4 times a week. Arms/Shoulders. Chest. Squats. I walk about 7 miles a day at my job according to my fitbit. But I also like to eat so at 6'1" and 210 I could really lose a few pounds to get cut. But I'm 41 and I'm good with it. 17" biceps and 34" waist.

I used to use my work (Janitorial maintenance ) as my exercise. two years ago I collapsed due to a TIA and was found to have A FIB. Well after a two year roller coaster including a triple bypass, I am now involved in Cardio Rehab 1 hour intense arobic style exercise 3 days a week, and after the 36 sessions are over I'm getting into swimming and something like a planet fitness or something. My health issues are all the motivation I need, now to access and availability to equipment year round here in Alaska! Yes I could walk, run, bike, hike, etc BUT I don't want to do it in -20 to -30 degree temps or on sheet ice at 34 degrees.
I am looking forward to getting back in the woods and tundra to hunt Squirrels to Moose! and be able to pack it out when the harvest is successful.

I broke out the old dusty dumbbell sets yesterday, removed some weight from the last time I used them and did some arm work. Nothing big right now, just getting things used to moving again.

How many of you workout your forearms? Can't ignore those.

I've hoarded plenty of canned spinach. According to my childhood education, opening one with a tabaco pipe and eating it will give me the firearms of Arnold:p

Honestly though, I do forearm lifts with Dumbbells.

(Here is a tip for anyone wanting bigger upped arms - your triceps are 3 times the size of your biceps and will make your arms look huge fast with some intensive focus on them)

I did a bunch or stairs while doing chores around the house yesterday - my sides and core hurt more then my legs though, I'm guess from bending and picking up or reaching over my head (yea, the garage is trashed right now so that's a project always in the works).

I've also been super strict with my diet (not calories but avoiding foods on my "do not eat" & "probably shouldn't eat" lists) to keep my cramping down to a minimum and that helps get me moving just on its own.

Today I have more chores, clean another gun or 2 from the other day and keep working on my garage.

I have started so see a minor improvement to my stamina if by nothing else then the fact that I haven't HAD to take a nap in the last 3-4 days in a row now (normally I need about 3 extra hours of sleep; it can be 3 one hour naps or 2 90 min naps or 1 long 3 hour nap).

This thread and all of you that are working on things and posting about it has been a great motivator so I want to thank y'all for that.

for those looking to just start, it can be overwhelming if you have no experience or frame of reference.
I would say start simple, but be consistent.
4 minutes of push ups a day is a great starter. Maybe day 1 only yields 10 push ups, but day two sees 15. Keep building on yesterdays lessons.

20130510-233438.jpg

21-minute-wallpaper-1440.jpg

There are work outs with weights / resistance. Some are just your own body.

There is a reason Calisthenics has been around so long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw2.htm

Another tip for your forearms is roll the weights down your fingers too.Just curling your wrists isn't building all the muscles
And Bobo and joe,this is about exercise not eating apples.o_O
2 more laps for both
But seriously ,you start to let your weight go,then your knees and ankle go,then your shoulders go,and your back in there someplace. And now you find you can only do so much without hurting forever
I'm telling you,if you hold some fat easily,get rid of it while things don't hurt as much

Friday.

Yesturday was 30 mins on elliptical, doing intervals. I have doubled the machine settings for resistance since I started a month ago. What ever they mean. I have a plan where the setting change after 2 cycles - 2 mins low, 2 mins high, up 2 mins low 2 mins high, up 2 mins low, 2 mins high ... until you have done X cycles, then you drop by half so the last 4 mins is on the same settings as you started with. This reads more complicated than it really is. The machine set on interval tracks the time for you, when it says changing, just up arrow or down arrow and maintain your pace.

Dead lifts. I got 3 at my body weight done after my sets. So Monday I'll add 10lbs and see if I can pick that up.

Bench - on the bench 135. I got 3 sets of 5. But, I wasn't steady - so I'll keep this weight for next week. One thing free weights brings as an advantage over the machines, is you have to maintain balance and evenness. You can't really be wobbly on a machine.

Monday may be a holiday, but I'll be at the gym.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top