JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Monday

Felt good this morning, did some push ups in addition to the kettle bell.

Class this evening
Handstand pushups - nope. I can get to a 45 degree angle, feet against wall, but push ups then, no.
Did some cheaters - incline (head up)
Squats with weight
and running. 4x 400 yds. I made the 400 one time.

Well, one setback this week - forgot to set my alarm last night (daughter distracted me) and I missed my morning workout! Damn, that's one thing I don't need happening. Now I'm going to be left doing 2 back to back, which I try to avoid at this earlier stage of workouts. But I still want 3 workouts per week, in the gym, and I'm not driving into work on the weekend to do it. So looks like Thursday and Friday will be 2 and 3. Bummer.

My wife is sick so I went grocery shopping for the first time in 42 years. Holy sh!t, I feel like I just went through an old football workout!
I've been so messed up a couple three times in my life where it was all I could do to go down a few aisles of a store without actually falling over from just atrophied muscles/weakness.
If you can help it, don't do that.

Been going to the park almost everyday to knock out a 40 minute hike. I've got some mild shin splints going on so I think I'll skip today and rest. Back at it tomorrow.

Been going to the park almost everyday to knock out a 40 minute hike. I've got some mild shin splints going on so I think I'll skip today and rest. Back at it tomorrow.

Back in 2006, I did the Portland to Coast with our company team. As I was training, I got some nasty shin splints - really painful - almost stopped me from training. Then a co-worker who had gone through the same thing shared a great piece of information - my strides were too long. I guess long strides are one of the main causes of shin splints. So, I actively worked to shorten my stride, which increased my pace a bit. And they went away. In fact, I haven't had shin splints since then - no matter how far I walk. Just something to consider if you tend to take long strides.

Back in 2006, I did the Portland to Coast with our company team. As I was training, I got some nasty shin splints - really painful - almost stopped me from training. Then a co-worker who had gone through the same thing shared a great piece of information - my strides were too long. I guess long strides are one of the main causes of shin splints. So, I actively worked to shorten my stride, which increased my pace a bit. And they went away. In fact, I haven't had shin splints since then - no matter how far I walk. Just something to consider if you tend to take long strides.
Hmm, I'll have to try that. I hate running/jogging.. maybe from back when I had to do it I got shin splints and I'm pretty sure my strides were/are pretty long.

Hmm, I'll have to try that. I hate running/jogging.. maybe from back when I had to do it I got shin splints and I'm pretty sure my strides were/are pretty long.

I was a bit skeptical, and honestly, it took me some time to adjust what had been my natural stride length. But when it came time to do the PTC, I had a leg that was just over 7 miles and one just under 7 miles and I did both without any shin pain. Made a believer out of me.

Have done several hundred coffee cup curls...looking at a few hundred more. The nice thing about coffee cup curls, is that the weight goes down until you fill the cup again... ;)

pyramids - excellent choice for conditioning.

Pi Day evening
Regular workout
20in step ups (that is about the height of a chair) with dumb bells in hand
planks
Walk with a weight stretched out over head (dumb bell / kettle bell)

Cleans ( I had the massive weight of 65 lbs - 2x 10 + bar )
Pushups
and .... my new favorite ... jumping rope. I did get some longer strings worked in 30 non-stop a couple of times. Better than the 7-10 on last Friday. It is technique.

I have a new class starting tomorrow - 1/week. Stretching. Something I desperately need is flexibility.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top