JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
4b44b8a00e880136221b005056a9545d.gif

I walk up to the hundred metre target and back eight times, then came home and got took shopping to the garden centre where, it seems, the only suitable flower pots weighed around forty pounds apiece - we took four - and compost only comes in 50kg bags - we took four of those as well. Note that the 'we' here is much like the 'we' as in 'We, the Pharaoh Ramses, built this fine-lookin' and pointy-topped pyramid'.

if I was trying to lift 50kg of poop parts of my body would come out and not in a good way.

* I was a professional poop stacker 8 or so years back -I worked freight in the garden section of the Home Depot

Almost 2 full months in since I started (will be 2 months next week). Still working out 3 times a week and trying to work in some other exercise on one or two other days (walking, etc.) I'm continuing to gradually increase weight on my resistance work and have been increasing the difficulty on the stationary bike and the elliptical. Funny thing is, I'm heavier than I was when I started, but I've lost weight fat, which the scale doesn't show, but I can confirm by taking measurements going back to when I started. I've lost just over 2" on my midsection since I started this. My core feels much more 'solid' and stable. Endurance is picking up, resting heart rate is coming down, BP is coming down, average blood sugar is coming down. 2 months in and I don't know if I look a lot different, but I sure feel a lot different. I can feel some muscles growing under that extra layer of skin blanket ;) I'm looking forward to keeping this up over the long haul - that first few weeks was tough, not it feels more like a regular routine.

Last Edited:
@tac

" Walk for two minutes. Repeat 15 times. Or walk for 10 minutes, thrice. The benefits for longevity appear to be almost exactly the same, according to an inspiring new study of physical activity patterns and life spans.

It finds that exercise does not have to be prolonged in order to be beneficial. It just has to be frequent."
bold added
Instapundit » Blog Archive » HEALTH: Those 2-Minute Walk Breaks? They Add Up. Walk for two minutes. Repeat 15 times. Or walk f…

For walking to aid weight loss, you need to have longer walks - over 30 mins at pace.

Today officially marks 2 months since I started doing my workouts - haven't missed one yet! Feeling good, would really like to see some weight come off, but I think I'm still in the midst of building muscle that I haven't used in a while. So while I feel and measure slimmer, the weight is staying about the same. I figure adding muscle mass will have to fall off eventually and then I should see the numbers on the scale start to move down as fat burns off. I know muscle weighs 3 times what fat does, so trying to keep that in mind and not get discouraged.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top