JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ego lifting is stupid at any age, but over 50 especially. I am still recovering from a screwed up wrist from Sept.
I wear a wrist brace when working out. What takes a month to heal at 23 takes 6m-1yr at 63. So showing off is just not worth it. If I feel there is something that feels wrong or oddly painful I STOP. No more 'powering through' BS.

Geez!! Not a whole lot of that happening at my current gym(s) and happy about it.

My old gym in the late 80s when I first lifted, Loprenzis out off Division St was loaded with ego lifters. So I naturally thought that was the way ALL gyms were at the time.

My work week is going to be cut by approximately 8 to 10hrs a week. The job consisted of standing, walking and snacking. My weight has been steady at about 233lbs since Dec 1st. I have recently eliminated the snacking. I want to replace the 8 to 10hrs not working, with some exercise and sleep. My sleep deficit is large, so my thought is to get an extra 6hrs of sleep a week and two hours of moderate exercise and resistance training. The other hours can be spent sharing meals with the wife.

I am going to participate more in this thread to post some weekly exercise achievements. Much like my gun range membership, I have been paying for a gym membership that I have hardly used in the last 6 months or more. I might hit the gym this morning before my brass, bullets and ammo purchase meet up.

My work week is going to be cut by approximately 8 to 10hrs a week. The job consisted of standing, walking and snacking. My weight has been steady at about 233lbs since Dec 1st. I have recently eliminated the snacking. I want to replace the 8 to 10hrs not working, with some exercise and sleep. My sleep deficit is large, so my thought is to get an extra 6hrs of sleep a week and two hours of moderate exercise and resistance training. The other hours can be spent sharing meals with the wife.

I am going to participate more in this thread to post some weekly exercise achievements. Much like my gun range membership, I have been paying for a gym membership that I have hardly used in the last 6 months or more. I might hit the gym this morning before my brass, bullets and ammo purchase meet up.
I think being consistent is critical in the beginning of your plan. If consistency is maintained it will evolve into habit, so even if you aren't feeling it on some days tell yourself you'll go in and do a light, quick day. Nine times out of ten that light, quick day becomes a full intense workout.

Congrats on your decision to become healthier and check in here often to hold yourself accountable. You can do it!

I put in about 40min today at the gym. 5min warm up on the elliptical. Then did some work on the assisted pull up machine along with assisted dips. Finished up with some leg presses and calf work.

867 feet elevation in 3/4 mile had me rethinking my life choices, I made it however.

IMG_20240215_135233033_HDR.jpg IMG_20240215_133438921_HDR.jpg IMG_20240215_135136545_HDR.jpg IMG_20240215_135646422.jpg IMG_20240215_132149643.jpg

This thread has been dormant for awhile, so there's nothing better or more exciting than pictures of food I consume to kickstart it back into action. :D

Here's a post gym protein slam: Kodiak protein pancakes with a scoop of whey protein and peanut butter powder.

Also, today was shoulders and triceps. 💪

1000002892.jpg

^^ I hear you. I've been kind of silent for a while cause my cat tripped me down my stairs and having to wait for parts to start working again. Cat unharmed of course, they are like a rubber band.
The Vegan version of hard exercise is pushing a cart of 10 pounds of cauliflower and soy milk 20 yards to the car, bench pressing a broomstick, and sprinting across the living room to turn on CNN

1707536255156.JPEG

Last Edited:
Of all things been working 10hour days out in the woods at a Monk Abbey. Running around like a dog. Weighed myself this AM at 194 lbs - happy. Limit 200.
You're doing work at a monastery? Is it a Trappist monastery here in Oregon?

Chest and biceps this morning. Shoulders and triceps early tomorrow morning.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top