JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fasting result. Went a little bit over 72hrs cause I don't eat in mornings anyway. Nice to be back.

Breaking it now with Beef Bone Broth. Then in an hour some lean meat, kimchi, steamed veggies. In other words, things easily digested. A 72+ hour fast in not just to lose fat, the autophagy benefits are even more a priority.

Edit: 191lbs even today, Friday, from 208+. So 7 lbs lights. Out of that, probably 4 lbs body fat as I keep very hydrated through that process. Gets it done!

FASTING RESULT.jpg

Decent advice also -

Last Edited:
Did start a nutrition, fasting, supplements thread since that is 80% of what is discussed here by me on the Exercise thread. https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...carb-high-fat-moderate-protein-intake.455181/

Next up I was wondering why 'people' are pushing for the end of meats, especially beef. No it really isn't because of the farce aka CC and farting cows. It is because red meat and eggs have been proved through REAL study and science to extend life and health.

One of the reasons is they are sources of Taurine. For those who do not eat meat, it is a fairly inexpensive supplement also.

emoji_u1f4a1.png Taurine supplementation increased lifespan by 10-12% in mice.
emoji_u1f4a1.png Taurine supplementation reduced body fat, improved muscle strength, and blood sugar levels.
emoji_u1f4a1.png Taurine showed potential in reducing senescent cells and increasing stem cells.
emoji_u1f4a1.png The study suggests that taurine can be beneficial later in life, even if not taken in the earliest stages.

Last Edited:
I'm switching from my classic "Bro Split" to this split. I'll report back in a couple of weeks with my observations.
  • Sunday: Off
  • Monday: Back and calves
  • Tuesday: Off
  • Wednesday: Quads and hams
  • Thursday: Off
  • Friday: Chest, abs, and biceps
  • Saturday: Delts and triceps

Got out of the field and into a desk (well at least mostly) so I am not so shot on the weekends that very little gets done as has been the case.

Pulled out a ton of clothes bins from the attic, sorted and labeled everything and put them back up in a slightly more organized manner. Almost gave myself an asthma attack from the heat and duck walking for all that time but still had the energy (once I cooled off) to finish most of my to do list this weekend.

Would have liked to get more accomplished but honestly I can't go from 0-100 like I used to so between both days I'll most likely be sore tomorrow and as I get back to doing heavier projects I will just keep adding to them.

I have thought about getting the ok to get some basic weight lifting equipment for the office because there just is not enough time in the day to get to a gym or really spend any time at home working out during the week but maybe down the road that will be a thing. Other wise body weight workouts will be my go to.

^^^ Ladies and gentleman, the thread starter in the house ^^

Two things that made my day. A group of little kids jumping up a down waiving over my red sports car that is eight years old. KIDS don't inject ego, they know a toy when they see one.

Then my farm friend's neighbor comment. "Man, that young guy you had out here worked harder all day moving your bark dust and that gigantic pile of gravel. Never seen anyone work that hard in the hot sun all day." My friend - "he's 63"

Last Edited:
This 'weight lifting' still has me laughing. People are so gullible.

I just don't see how anyone watching that vid can believe that boolscheet! An armful of "broken concrete rubble" that by all rights should weigh well over 300 pounds is being carried around like a waitress delivering a tray full of dinner entrees to the dining table... :s0140:

I won't lie. A little worried about my de Lima ML bet after seeing The Black Beast weigh-in. Good job Derrick! Getting into better shape takes discipline and you have it.

When I look at UFC Heavyweights and know not that long ago I was that big I feel a little shameful then I realize I did put a stop to it.

Last Edited:
That red pull emergency cord clip is there for a reason although I admit I never use it even if doing HIIT sprints.

Just about every treadmill also has a big emergency red STOP button so her 'looking for a way to slow it down' is baffling.

Poor lady. Of course the family will sue over her lack of awareness.

• Sunday: Off
  • Monday: Back and calves
  • Tuesday: Off
  • Wednesday: Quads and hams
  • Thursday: Off
  • Friday: Chest, abs, and biceps
  • Saturday: Delts and triceps
This split is working extremely well for me. So far the only thing I'm changing is doing two abs exercises on each "on" day and eliminating abs on Friday. I'm in the gym before work and working three body parts on Friday morning in one session takes too long.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top